• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Is crossfit dangerous?

I think that is kinda my point...

You think both these people deserve the title of athlete?

Ok what about if you come first in numerous events but fail to qualify for regionals? Yes there should be a level but I think you have set the bar a tad high

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why? Cause it's hard to make regionals? If you are coming first in numerous events but not qualifying for Regionals I'd suggest you are injured during the Open OR cherry picking the events you go in OR the events you are going in are not being judged properly and you struggle to meet the movement requirements in the Open. It would be hard to name a name of someone that has placed top 3 in numerous comps in the past year that didn't qualify for Regionals

I see people doing dangerous shit on a treadmill so Im not surprised people get it wrong with weights. I myself have had a tumble or two due to thinking I was superman or training in a unsafe manner.

even elite athletes fuck up and inure themselves , in all codes of sport be it afl, soccer
shit even cycling

lets just not do anything that could put you at risk

I don't too many weightlifters that never got injuries. I only did it for a few years and got a broken scaphoid.

I think one of biggest concerns about Olympic lifts and crossfit is that such a technical sport is done when tired after other events, although I am not sure if that situation is present in this girl's example.

Last edited:
Poor girl. I hope see learnt her lesson. If you wanna do Olympic lifts take up Olympic lifting. :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPod touch from Pluto.

[MENTION=10061]Brick[/MENTION]; [MENTION=9251]Darkoz[/MENTION];

The man is living proof that financial success is NOT contingent upon talent of any kind other than the ability to bullshit and swindle suburban pussies that weren't allowed to play contact sports as kids and now are trying desperately to establish themselves as bad asses. I almost feel bad for couch.

I mean just look at the asshole. Rumor has it that he has advanced staged cirrhosis. The fact that he a wet brain almost goes without saying.

He has clearly and completely fallen apart these last few years.

Couch I implore you to put the plug in the jug, cut that mullet, lose the ball cap and get some control over your life.
At the very least hire a fashion consultant.

You run a multi-million dollar operation and you look like you just got kicked out of a soup kitchen. Is it any wonder why his wife dumped him?

I can only say that I have no interest in Crossfit because continuing to perform compound / Olympic lifts after I am fatigued is a recipe for injury imo. In the weights room I stop when I feel form slip. In Crossfit they end up forcing reps well after this point

yes, that is a reasonable point.

I like weightlifting as a sport, but don't really much point doing such lifts for mere conditioning or for other sports. To be good at them, you need to make a lot of effort. Further, the skill for weightlifting is neither relevant or necessary to other sports - many other ways to achieve similar benefits.

It is amazing how many now do Olympic lifts, as part of crossfit, and why it is now so popular with men and women.

Last edited:
So many uneducated opinions, how many of you have actually has a go or even been and watched a class, go through my log, most the workouts we do are logged there, you will find that Olympic lifting is very rarely put into a high intense workout and when it is, the weight is usually very light, both comps I've done the Olympic lifts have been work to a 1rm in 10-15mins,
Everyone is so caught up in the mindset that it's high rep oly lifts, paleo eating, rabno fest cult, which is so far from the truth it isn't funny,

430 page thread on the stupid shit you see going on at your gyms but crossfit gets put in the spotlight for poor form

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crossfitters are always so defensive
And why is crossfit and Olympic lifting even in the same discussion