• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Interesting article

Hi Dave,

You reminded me of soemthing funny. When I was at the AIS, we sometimes used to collectively watch the Russians and Bulgarian lifters going through their paces (on video). We always had bit of chuckle when the commentater uttered words like, "and Rackmanov is a firemane back home", or the classic that was said about the legend of all legends back in the day, none other than the giant Vasily Alexeyev being a mine worker (of all things).

177461651_1a5dfc5601.jpg

Fadi.

Training more a week would depend on your cumulative stress from te rest of your life. An Olympic lifter just lifts, recovers an lifts again. It's their life and they put a lot of their life into recovering from their sessions.

A typical office worker would work say a 38 hour week, come home to the kids and wife, have house chores to do etc so their stress levels would be higher and training more would probably lead to overtraining much sooner than on others. If you have the mind set and dedication you probably wouldn't be the above typical office worker and would be focussing hard on recovery and be able to train more.

It would also depend on how you train aswell but this is just my generalized answer. I know a guy who competes in strongman events, trains like an animal, runs his own business, works another odd job on the side, has a wife and kid and still saw massive strength and size gains last year. He to me would be the definition of an overtrainer but he seems to pull it off because he is dedicated and has the right mindset. I guess it's all down to managing your own stress levels, keeping up your recovery and training smart.

I really agree with Fadi it's all about recovery and managing your life properly.
Posted via Mobile Device

Training de stresses me.. as it should everyone. dopamine and dhea release yay

Training de stresses me.. as it should everyone. dopamine and dhea release yay

mate. i think you mean that training mentally relaxes you, if it's not putting stress on your muscles & ligaments then you're not really giving it a reason to grow. are you?!

Has anybody considered how trades people, such as brick layers & carpenters get such large fore-arms even though their putting their body's under a lot of stress, most of the day, 5 maybe more days a week! I know a lot of tradies with massive (in terms of muscle size) legs & arms, who don't train in a formal sense. it's as a result of them working hard