• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

im taking on 3x3

Fuck this thread turned into a disaster!

Back to OP - go ahead and run that program mate. Eat well and sleep well and log your results / sessions on here. At the end assess your results, reassess your goals and go again accordingly. And ignore all the other nonsense in this thread.

X1000 it dosent have to be any more complicated than that does it?

Fuck this thread turned into a disaster!

Back to OP - go ahead and run that program mate. Eat well and sleep well and log your results / sessions on here. At the end assess your results, reassess your goals and go again accordingly. And ignore all the other nonsense in this thread.

Lol thanks man...

It did didn't it!!! I just skipped through the shit storm!!

Also I actually spoke with a guy who runs a powerlifting club in the city that I'll be joining soon, he recommended me not do 3x3... Lol

So this week I'll just do
Monday squats 8-10 sets, deads 5-7sets and 2 sets of wg pull ups
Wednesday 8 sets squat, bench 6-8 sets, and 2 sets dips
Friday- as Monday but less squat, more dead
Saturday- bench 6 sets, military press 4-6 sets, 2 sets dips

I guess I'll just run this for now, he wants to sit with me and do a program..
I've kinda made this one myself with stealing from some other programs like sheiko

Also I actually spoke with a guy who runs a powerlifting club in the city that I'll be joining soon, he recommended me not do 3x3... Lol

So this week I'll just do
Monday squats 8-10 sets, deads 5-7sets and 2 sets of wg pull ups
Wednesday 8 sets squat, bench 6-8 sets, and 2 sets dips
Friday- as Monday but less squat, more dead
Saturday- bench 6 sets, military press 4-6 sets, 2 sets dips

I guess I'll just run this for now, he wants to sit with me and do a program..
I've kinda made this one myself with stealing from some other programs like sheiko

That looks worse, just do your 3x3 til you talk to the PL coach about a program.

I guess I'll just do what I've been doing until he looks at where I need work...
I don't see the point of starting 3x3 if I'm not going to finish it...

I have done two cycles of Korte 3X3. My lifts were relatively weak to begin with.

Put about 5kg on my max in the first cycle and about 5kg in the second cycle.

This was all done whilst cutting from 97kg to 87kg. I think although i was cutting, keto diet/intermittant fasting, i just ensured i got the minimum protein in which i probably wasnt getting enough of before i started dieting.

Bench - 95 to 105kg 1RM
Squat - 120 to 130kg 1RM
Dead - 140 to 150kg 1RM

I found that my lower back was getting hammered. So Im running the program, with just deads once a weak and rows/pullups in its place for two times a week. I have also added in OHP into the program towards the end of the last cycle, my shoulders seem okay in coping.

The last 4 weeks, for peaking was too slow for me. My body doesnt need such a long recovery time.. so i basically squeeze that period into 2.5wks. But my recovery times are probably lower due to having very low numbers at this stage.

That is my experiences. A very effective program. I recommend to do program as is first time around before making it your own. I personally have stopped cutting, and hope to now reek the rewards of the program over the next couple months.

I also learnt that SQUAT is KING from this program and probably try sheiko once i exhaust this program.

Hope this has somewhat helped your opinion. Not many people know of the program, hence why your powerlifting coach might havent heard of it. Also, he may be SHIT.. but you will soon find out by watching and talking to the other people he has trained.

I have done two cycles of Korte 3X3. My lifts were relatively weak to begin with.

Put about 5kg on my max in the first cycle and about 5kg in the second cycle.

This was all done whilst cutting from 97kg to 87kg. I think although i was cutting, keto diet/intermittant fasting, i just ensured i got the minimum protein in which i probably wasnt getting enough of before i started dieting.

Bench - 95 to 105kg 1RM
Squat - 120 to 130kg 1RM
Dead - 140 to 150kg 1RM

I found that my lower back was getting hammered. So Im running the program, with just deads once a weak and rows/pullups in its place for two times a week. I have also added in OHP into the program towards the end of the last cycle, my shoulders seem okay in coping.

The last 4 weeks, for peaking was too slow for me. My body doesnt need such a long recovery time.. so i basically squeeze that period into 2.5wks. But my recovery times are probably lower due to having very low numbers at this stage.

That is my experiences. A very effective program. I recommend to do program as is first time around before making it your own. I personally have stopped cutting, and hope to now reek the rewards of the program over the next couple months.

I also learnt that SQUAT is KING from this program and probably try sheiko once i exhaust this program.

Hope this has somewhat helped your opinion. Not many people know of the program, hence why your powerlifting coach might havent heard of it. Also, he may be SHIT.. but you will soon find out by watching and talking to the other people he has trained.

Thanks man... The kind of feedback I was after!!!
I'll keep the template I put on my laptop and I will defineatly run the program, maybe next week, maybe next month, it all depends, but it will be soon!!!