• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

im taking on 3x3

as of tomorrow I'm gona be taking be starting the 3x3 powerlifting program!

I'll be lifting monday, wednesday, friday, doing squat, deads and bench in each workout, then ill do an extra workout on saturday, just to hit some extra shoulder, lats, dips and chins..

Has anybody done/tried this program? does anybody have any thoughts on this program?

Sounds pretty simple and effective. What are your lifts currently at?

If they're low I'd perhaps start with 5x5 first then move up to 3x3 once they get higher.

Is this the Korte 3x3 program?
I'd keep shoulder assistance light and easy. High rep dips would be fine but I wouldn't go too heavy and take away from the program

Is this the Korte 3x3 program?
I'd keep shoulder assistance light and easy. High rep dips would be fine but I wouldn't go too heavy and take away from the program

yeah korte..

i wasnt planning on doing anything crazy on the extra day, i may not feel up to it, was planning on 8-12 range, but not failure on the saturday

Just go for a max pump imo
Go for mass, or go for strength. Not both at the same time

Just go for a max pump imo
Go for mass, or go for strength. Not both at the same time

I gotta say this is a new level of stupid. They way you said that its lile your not gonna get stronger just cause your getting a pump.

Or maybe you're being pedantic

If you're going for strength, strength is the priority. Assistance should be easy and restorative
If you're going for mass, don't throw in a buttload of heavy lifts.

This training cycle, with "assistance" thrown in on it's own day for heavy sets of 8-12 will not yield good results. You need to concentrate on one or the other. Are you trying to get bigger or are you trying to get stronger? The answer is often both which means you need to split up your training cycles to focus on one or the other. This is why lots of people do high rep stuff after a meet. It's restorative and will give them bigger gains when they start their next training cycle.

Check out the Westside articles. You focus on lots of reps at the start of the training cycle and start dropping assistance sans (p)rehab as you get closer to a meet. Lots of members of this forum do that as well

I make good consistent progress on most of my lifts. I deadlifted 190kg and squatted 137.5kg at 64kg with plenty left in me

You don't even strength train

Why read any articles op should just do 3 x3 & if he lifts heavy enough, eats and sleeps he will get bigger and stronger.

That is the point I am making. Do the program as it is and keep any "assistance" easy
You're just shitposting now
You are a shit poster

I make good consistent progress on most of my lifts. I deadlifted 190kg and squatted 137.5kg at 64kg with plenty left in me

You don't even strength train

Oni, in April of last year you claimed your best deadlift was 190kg, now here we are 18 months later and your lift hasn't budged, so where's the progress?
You've made zero progress both in strength and mass.

Now here you are a strapping young man 30 years my junior and yet I still outlift you and I don't even strength train :D

my wilks total is more than yours
I've asked what you lift multiple times and you refuse every time

Stop shitposting. Only Fluffy can argue against what I am saying then recommend the exact same thing. If you have a better suggestion for the OP then I'd like to hear it Darkoz, if you don't you're just shitposting for the sake of it

PS the 190 deadlift I did prior to my meet was done with a STANDARD bar. This is completely different to an olympic bar and something I've made very clear. I was good for 200kg at the meet, the videos of me make this clear as well. I'm not going to join in your pissing contest - the advice for the OP is on the table even if you do both disagree with what I'm saying while recommending the same thing

Last edited:
my wilks total is more than yours
I've asked what you lift multiple times and you refuse every time

Stop shitposting. Only Fluffy can argue against what I am saying then recommend the exact same thing. If you have a better suggestion for the OP then I'd like to hear it Darkoz, if you don't you're just shitposting for the sake of it

You getting rustled cause I lift more than you?

I've asked what your lifts are multiple times and you've never answered

I never answered Oni because like you said in your post above, I'm not interested in getting into a pissing competition.

But for instance, to give you an idea, I don't do flat bench, I do 22.5 degree incline bench of which I did 90kgx7 in my last chest workout.
I don't do a powerlifting style squat, I do fairly narrow stance high bar squat, my last leg workout was 130kgx10

But the reason I lift and why you lift is poles apart and the way I lift and the way you lift is also poles apart, so any numbers would be meaningless and I don't do 1 rep maxes.

Not bad Darkoz! 130 x 10 is pretty good going for someone as old as you! muhahaha :p
Haha I still got some life left in me Dicko

But fark me, here I am justifying what I lift to a kid with 12 inch arms

Last edited: