• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

I'm not a weight lifter, I'm a bodybuilder - Kai Greene

Bradsky I am curious what are your measurements?

Maybe someone truly huge like Skalanthrax needs to weigh in on this argument. See if someone with some actual size thinks that weight is arbitrary.

I aint a big guy, and as I said I have only just started to drop my weights after listening to guys that have won australian titles in bb. I dont care if anyone listens, just my opinion.

Im pretty shocked that I have to argue the point of good form with propper weight on a bb forum, it's in nearly every bb book eved written.

Bradsky, nothing wrong with your logic. I have known about 6 Aust bodybuiliding champs, half trained heavy, half trained moderate going more on form.

I remember Sonny Schmidt (once top 6 in mr Olympia) returning from one of his first trips to US and telling me how most of the top pro bodybuilders did not train that heavy.

As i sought to demonstrate even with a power athlete, there is no magical way to train.

A lot of it has to do with what you enjoy doing. Some love heavy weights, others don't.

Point is success comes from either way, as Greene clip indicates.

I would like to know without gear how many of those pros could train light and still gain a heap of muscle.

As we know a bucket load of gear changes the equation a lot.

Bazza, but they dont train light.

They train on lighter weights, but they still bust their balls. They still experince pain.

You will never be a champion in anything if you do not push 100% consistently or periodically.

It is just that there are many ways that define intensity.

Lifting heavy with long rests, perhaps the most prescribed scientific way, is just one way.

Im pretty shocked that I have to argue the point of good form with propper weight on a bb forum, it's in nearly every bb book eved written.

Also people are not saying lift with poor form they are saying lift heavy weight with proper form.

Bazza, but they dont train light.

They train on lighter weights, but they still bust their balls. They still experince pain.

You will never be a champion in anything if you do not push 100% consistently or periodically.

It is just that there are many ways that define intensity.

Lifting heavy with long rests, perhaps the most prescribed scientific way, is just one way.

I actually think I am on the same page as you, we just have different ways of explaining it.

I lift while concerntrating on contracting the muscle, I use as heavy weight as I can to exhaust that muscle at the desired reps

it is alot less weight than I have been using. I still beleive in progression, but the form means more to me than the weight. As opposed to a power lifter

Last edited:
I am not saying powerlifters dont use good form but their main goal is to lift the weight with whatever muscles do the job. i still train heavy compouds, they also have their place in bb

Kumbaya.

The 200kg deadlift comment is nonsensicle.

But I think that for someone to talk the talk, they first must have walked the walked.

The reason there are so many ideas on training methods is because they all work, find out which one is yours through trial and error, and settle on something keeping in mind it's not about the destination but the journey.

Lifting heavy weights doesn't make you big. I know this because one manlet bodybuilder told me so.

logic - not even once.