• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

I'm not a weight lifter, I'm a bodybuilder - Kai Greene

It's because building muscle takes time. People don't see results straight away and think its not working and overcomplicate it.

Stick to the basics and progress over time and you will get results.

I absolutely agree with you bazza but it doesn't help when some people here say that you're no good until you can bench 100kg or squat 140kg or deadlift 180kg or say that you're piss weak if you can't deadlift 200kg and so on.
No wonder the poor guy that's starting out gets confused and disheartened.

Last edited:
some people don't want to deadlift 200kg. It really doesn't interest me 1 bit.

I'm not a weight lifter, I'm a bodybuilder - Bradsky

It's a bit like a powerlifter saying I wanna bench 200+kg but I have no interest at all in weighing more than 60kg. Well it could happen if you are an absolute freak but most people benching 200+ are very big people.

Same with BB. Look at all the people with huge muscles. Sure there are a few outliers that aren't massively strong but the vast majority of big bodybuilders are very strong and lift massive weights.

How did Ronnie say it
"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder but nobody wants to lift no heavy ass weights"

I absolutely agree with you bazza but it doesn't help when some people here say that you're no good until you can bench 100kg or squat 140kg or deadlift 180kg or say that you're piss weak if you can't deadlift 200kg and so on.

No one is saying your no good if you don't hit those weights. They are saying if your not hitting those weights there are easy gains to be had so quit fucking around, use a basic program, stick with it and build some easy strength and muscle. After that point if you want spend more time on more advanced BB training.

Of course the weight matters. The first video of Greene clearly shows him struggling near end of set. It is just the form he uses isolates the muscle so much that far less weight is needed to overload the muscle.

as Lee Haney said at one seminar, he trains the same strict way as he always did, it is just that the weights he lfited at Mr Olympia stage of career were so much heavier.

I think for most of us, if we can find some middle ground between curling pink DB's and squatting until blood squirts out of your eyes, then I think you will do ok as most here are doing.

Forget about the stupid comment; "I'm not a weight lifter, I'm a bodybiulder" or whatever it is very childish and undermindes.

Building muscle takes time, we all go through trial and error.

The best we can do is encourage each other to keep lifting.

Just trying to make a point, I don't want an argument.

I believe what I believe, frankly, I don't care what people do, I just hope they don't disregard the mind muscle relationship.

I encourage people to look up Milos Sarcev's training, I know of a few Aussies that train like that some are competing and winning bb's (natural).

A 200kg deadlift isn't some kind of superhuman strength feat - it shows you've spent some decent time lifting free weights and I'm talking months.

If you can't deadlift 200kg then you don't know how to lift and shouldn't be giving advise. It's that fucking simple.

A 200kg deadlift isn't some kind of superhuman strength feat - it shows you've spent some decent time lifting free weights and I'm talking months.

If you can't deadlift 200kg then you don't know how to lift and shouldn't be giving advise. It's that fucking simple.

why does a body-builder have to train deadlift, maybe the size of your arm is a better indication if you can give advice, or maybe how big your epenis is..

maybe we can have a running race or a bake off.

why does a body-builder have to train deadlift, maybe the size of your arm is a better indication if you can give advice, or maybe how big your epenis is..

Because maybe an exercise that uses 85% of the body's musculature might have some fucking correlation with overall muscle mass.

Of course you'd actually have to lift weights to know that.

I would assume BBs want to build big back muscles, glutes and hams. Deads are obviously a great exercise for that among other things.

half the mofo's at gym's don't even train legs by choice, so how the fk are they gonna deadlift 200kg's?

and before you go on about chicken legs, its by their choice.

It is by my choice that I only go hard on hammies and light on glutes. I have no interest in competing, nor do I have an interest in deadlifting 200kg's. I train legs to get some proportion and that's it.

I'm sure the likes of Kai Green and Milos Sarcev can DL 200kg, so take their work and not mine.

over this thread, it is retarded.

Yer, well some people are just stuck in their ways. etter go dl 200kg so i can be huge like oli

I do deadlift, I do 2 heavy sessions a week at the moment. I know heavy works, but for iso movement's you have to exercise some dicipline. last work lock trad now admin ;-)

who says you have to do deadlifts to get a strong back.

Deadlift is a great test of strength, but there are many ways to get a strong back.

When i started weights (1979-1980), i could not clean 60kg. Two years later, with a 120kg power clean, i straight aways did 6 reps on 185kg deadlift, with no idea what i was doing.

Outside powerlifting, I would not recommend dead lifts to anyone; others would.

Key is do what you like doing. There are many, many exercises to build a big back.

I have deadifted 3 reps on 260kg once, when i didnt even do them much in training, and i know many athletes and bodybuilders who are stronger and bigger than me in tems of back without even doing them.

yup

This guy here is Herschal Walker, one of the best athletes of all time.

He is big and has never done weights (see link).

He is 6 feet one, weighs 100kg, was an NFL sar, has run 10.22 for 100m, has a 1 metre standing vertcial, was an MMA a fighter at 47 (i think), and does one arm chinups.

On Wikipedia, it states he has a daily regimen of 3,500 sit-ups, 1,500 push-ups and eight mile runs

Well whats the bet he coud deadlift more than most of us on this forum.

Last edited: