• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Im a rookie!! Diet and workout help

Hi all. Its been 3 weeks since i adjusted my diet and its going pretty well, tinkered for a week or two and now im set on my daily meals. What i am eating is alot more calories when i was putting on weight with different types of food.

Would love to hear your comments on my current routine/diet and possibility of adding some HIIT once or twice a week to my routine (help out with a bit of fat loss). In the past month i have added about 1kg. I hit the gym 3 to 4 times a week at the moment

7:00 - Blended apple, banana, orange, 2 eggs, bit of full cream milk and cup of oats
9:30 - Protein shake and 80g almonds.
12:00 - approx 400g minced steak with 150g mixed vegies.
3:00 - 190g tuna (sometimes with wholemeal pasta), sometimes eat some nuts as well
5:30 - approx 350g chicken with 150g mixed vegies
7:00 - Gym
post gym, protein shake
9:00 - Dinner, most days it will be some kind of meat (chicken, steak).
Before bed - large glass full cream milk

Trying to gain muscle only, trying to put on clean muscle. As i have already put on 10 kg's this year without working out. So most of it was fat.

Add HIIT if you want increased fitness otherwise adjust your calorie intake if you are putting on too much fat.

Im not putting on too much fat now. I did put on too much fat from feb till september.
You dont rate HIIT to decrease some fat i put on before i started working out?

I rate HIIT to promote fat loss and increase fitness levels. BUT it also reduces muscle when compared to just lifting weights and adjusting calories. So it all depends on your goals.

So as you can see if you want to lose fat and increase you fitness levels then adding HIIT would be smart (barbell complexes, sprints, burpees etc). If fitness levels are not as important as being more muscular and you have a little patience then just keeping on lifting would be better in the long run, and you can always adjust calories to slow fat accumulation.

It is all goal dependant. Do you need to lose the fat right away? Do you want that extra fitness level? Do you want to be as muscular as possible? Do you have the time?

I do not even know how much fat you have. If you were 15-16% and did not care about fitness I would say just keep lifting hard and eat up. If you cared about fitness I would say add 1 maybe 2 days of 20 minutes sprints or barbell complexes in. If you were 20% or above I would say fix you diet up keep lifting and just be patient and in 6 months you will see a large body composition change. But once again it is all goal dependant.

To be honest. the only fat i have is on my front side (im a twig already); stomach and chest. during the past year when gaining weight i didnt really put on weight anywhere else. I dont give a rats ass about fitness to be honest, im just trying to get rid this crap i gained this year

Id be over 15% body fat but definitely below 20% body fat..

My goals are to become as muscular as possible and lose the fat i have (i know i know, i cant do both now). I have the next 3 months that i can dedicate to not doing fitness.

You can do both if you are a newbie or overweight (18% BF at minimum). Since your goals are to be as muscular as possible I would not add HIIT and just lift and eat. Keep it up for 3 months and see how you go then reassess.

Try adding some potato to your dinner (preferably sweet potato) as well as some mixed nuts with you bed time milk. :)

If you haven't already bought an oil supp try Biotest Flameout (DHA/EPA/CLA), it's good but pretty costly

You can do both if you are a newbie or overweight (18% BF at minimum). Since your goals are to be as muscular as possible I would not add HIIT and just lift and eat. Keep it up for 3 months and see how you go then reassess.

Well i am a newbie and definitely not overweight.. I was underweight only 10 months ago. I will lift and eat over the next 3 months and see how it goes. Cheers