• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Im a rookie!! Diet and workout help

You could try your diet and the weights and see how you go,

but in all honesty I would get rid of most of ur carbs, keep the oats and piece of fruit in the morning and the rest just have vegetables, or fruit before and after training,

eat your lean proteins such as steak, chicken, tuna, fish etc
have enough dietary fat from nuts, fishoil, olive oil

for after training a good whey protein such as Optimum Nutrition works well, just ensure to have a proper meal with enough protein after 30-60 mins of training,

eating like that and doing a fully body routine 3 x a week will ensure that your body composition changes,

:)

cheers for the tip.. But isnt the purpose of cutting the carbs to lose weight?? Low carb, high protein diet was a basic weight loss diet i thought??

The optimum nutrition is pretty expensive. Id give it a go but if anyone has anything else out there they could recomend that would be good. Prefereably WPI as it agrees with my stomach

WPI and WPC are basically the same across all brands, it just depends weather it comes from Aus, NZ or the US. Not sure exactly which country makes the best whey but its not really going to matter at this stage, as long as you are getting some.

If WPI agrees with you then no probs, buy from a bulk wholesaler like protein direct, bulk nutrients, professional whey etc

your calories will determine weight gain or weight loss,
the type of weight loss/gain will be determined by the food you eat,

as it has been explained previously you have to aim for one goal, either lose fat or gain muscle, one needs a calorie surplus the other a calorie deficit,

but it is possible if you eat wat has been suggested by me and others that you transform your body, losing the fat and maintaining muscle and just maybe creating new muscle,

eat enough of the right food, train heavy and recover

notice any changes, if not readjust your diet,

cheers for the tip.. But isnt the purpose of cutting the carbs to lose weight?? Low carb, high protein diet was a basic weight loss diet i thought??

You lose weight through calorie intake mostly. If you lower carb levels but keep calories the same as you are now you should not lose weight (besides a little initial water).

bulk nutrients looks great, will place an order!! I was just looking at the WPI, should i be looking at getting some micellar casein for before bed to replace my mashashi bulk??

And should i be worrying about any other products like pre workout drinks or anything like that? Or too soon maybe...

What things should i be getting rid of from my diet?? At the moment i have simple meals at work in the morning and arvo. Wholemeal bread, tuna, and peanut butter arent exactly difficult to prepare.. To lower my carbs i should be getting rid of the bread. What could be some simple foods with high protein/low carbs to add to my meals?

Have added flaxseed and fish oil to my diet already..

Cook a whole heap on Sunday or cook it the night before....if your not putting in the effort with diet then you wont get results...

Cook a whole heap on Sunday or cook it the night before....if your not putting in the effort with diet then you wont get results...

Mate ive put in the effort for this whole year with my diet.. And i got results.. Just trying to get different ideas on how a diet could be changed to the right effect for muscle gain

But i think i will do some sunday night steak cooking!!

Here is a tip, start your diet from scratch,

Meal 1: Oats + Blueberries + Protein Shake (add milk if you like)
Meal 2: Tuna 185g and a piece of fruit
Meal 3: Chicken Breast + 200g of steamed veggies, they come in 200g bags that your microwave
Meal 4: 50-100g of Nuts (Walnuts and Almonds have a good fat content)
Meal 5: Steak + 200g of Veggies or A large salad with olive oil
Meal 6: 250g of Cottage cheese

After training have your protein shake,

Have 10-15g of fishoil a day, maybe more if your keen,

Adjust the quantity of the meat to suit your calories,

Last edited:
nuts are already in my diet, a heap of them too!

And steak, i wouldnt call it a simple extra meal to prepare, thanks anyway
I buy lean steak from the butcher and get in minced.
This is easier to prepare and easier to eat at work.
Heat up the mince with the mixed vegies. mmmmmm

Here is a tip, start your diet from scratch,

Meal 1: Oats + Blueberries + Protein Shake (add milk if you like)
Meal 2: Tuna 185g and a piece of fruit
Meal 3: Chicken Breast + 200g of steamed veggies, they come in 200g bags that your microwave
Meal 4: 50-100g of Nuts (Walnuts and Almonds have a good fat content)
Meal 5: Steak + 200g of Veggies or A large salad with olive oil
Meal 6: 250g of Cottage cheese

After training have your protein shake,

Have 10-15g of fishoil a day, maybe more if your keen,

Adjust the quantity of the meat to suit your calories,

To be honest that meal plan is easier then what im doing now.. i will definitely adjust mine to add as much of that in there as i can..

I buy lean steak from the butcher and get in minced.
This is easier to prepare and easier to eat at work.
Heat up the mince with the mixed vegies. mmmmmm

Ah yeah that makes sense.. mixed vegies and the mince sound delicious!

What is generally in those steamed vegies microwave packets?? I could only find heinz broccoli cauli and carrot. Also broccoli carrot and corn. These dnt have too much in protein or anything????
Posted via Mobile Device

Vegies are for carbs and nutrient goodness, protein comes from your lean meat, essential fats come from nuts and olive oil.

Wollies have their own good value steamed vegie bags along with heinz etc, I usually get broccoli, carrot and beans. It is much cheaper to steam your own vegies but the microwave bags are erfect if you dont have much time, I find having these in the freezer stops me from getting takeaway when I just cant be bothered

Yeah for me, at work it's easiest to use microwave bags so will just have them. I'll keep an eye out for different ones but seem good then. Still just trying to understand all the food coz obviously diet is the most important thing!! Is the diet above enough to at least maintain weight and help build muscle??

Ps. Got my bulk nutrients isolate chocolate protein. So good to drink!! Amazing!
Posted via Mobile Device