• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Hungry in the gym

Johnnie Walker

Borderline Kunce
What do you guys have to keep you going in the gym?

I find half way through my works outs I get really hungry and spend the last section of my workout thinking about food and cant wait to leave.

I train after breakfast as I sleep till mid day, gym is nice and empty etc. I thought this was the issue but today trained later and still same issue :confused:

Never really had this before..

I eat through my workouts sometimes
When I can be bothered to make pemmican anyway
Sometimes I'll eat macadamia if I can afford it
I win protein so I'll have some of that during my training most times
On my carb day I'll take oats to the gym and eat that during training too, just have them cold
Boiled eggs are pretty good as well, the body loves egg protein

Eating during a workout is silly

I don't see the point.

Hate to admit it but strongly agree with both of these.

My training sessions last 30 minutes to an hour, no need to eat in that time even if you train fasted and if I am hungry before I start.

Just train then smash some food straight afterwards or go with a post workout shake with plenty of carbs and protein, depending on your dietary plan of course.

30-45 and you get hungry? Dor real? Lol.

Ill train for up to 3 hours on some days. Never get hungry....

Tim.

Never been an issue for me. I eat small about an hour before I go which obviously helps. Once I set foot out of the gym though its game on.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

There has never been any interest for me to eat whilst working out, if anything I might be fighting to keep it down.

Get thirsty though, you might be confusing hunger for thirst?

My training sessions are the same - 30mins-45 - honestly mate just wait the 30 mins or whatever and make sure you have something ready to go afterwards.

There has never been any interest for me to eat whilst working out, if anything I might be fighting to keep it down.

Get thirsty though, you might be confusing hunger for thirst?

Yeah, I dink like a camel during training, go through 3 to 4 800ml bottles.
When I train late, like finish 10 or 10:30 after all that water I need to wake up for a piss in the middle of the night, pisses me off, literally.

I once, once being the operative word, tried a mix of protien powder and Gatorade through the workout, although it tasted ok, sort of like a ice cream spider, it made me flemy I was spitting everywhere