• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How to adjust a relatively clean diet

Lil Dan

Hey guys,

New here but have read a lot about lifting etc on other forums the past couple of years (nissansilvia) and just have a few questions about dieting.

From what I've read, in order to lose weight but maintain as much muscle mass as possible we need to eat protein at every meal (6) and source carbs from fruit and vegies (more so vegies for me). However, there comes a stage where you have lost an amount of weight that simple eating the same will just maintain your weight and adjustments are required.. I think this is where I am at the moment. A basic clean diet for me would be:

1. 1 scoop WPI with milk and 40g oats
2. 100gm tuna with sweet potato
3. Chicken breast with brocolli and carrots/olives
4. 100gm tuna with sweet potato
5. 2 scoops WPI with 1/4 scoop waxy (Post workout)
6. 200gm steak, chicken breast fish with brocolli/carrots/olives
7. 100-150gm cottage cheese

I substitute with eggs every now and again.

If i were to re-adjust my diet to lower my calorie count, what would you have to eliminate? I find it difficult as it is. Im eating at 6:30am through to 10pm at 2.5-3 hour intervals!

Looking to lose another 4kg and get down to 65kg. I am currently 69.5kg @ 161cm.

1RM Bench - 107.5kg
1RM Squat - 130kg
1RM Dead - 160kg
1RM Push press - 72.5kg
1RM Clean - 75kg

Total - 545kg @ 72.8kg (when tested)

Thanks,

Dan

What's your bf%? Are you trying to cut fat or simply get down to a certain weight for sport?

Things like milk and the sweet potato (and all other carbs) can be slowly limited.

I've never had it measured.. My estimate I would say 15-20%. Looking to cut up, but I do play a bit of sport as well and being 161cm, it's probably more advantageous being ripped and a little lighter.

Me personally I would ditch the olives and potatoes and eat mainly greens - broccoli, beans, asparagus, peas etc (anything leafy and fibrous). And since you don't list any fruit, I'd also try and add in some avacado, an excellent fruit with low fructose and some great fats - it ticks a number of boxes.