• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How should I start to train?

Chopman

Well...

I am almost 17 years of age and still look as though I am 12...

Im 59kg and just under 6 foot. As you can imagine I am extremely skinny.

I play soccer and really need to get some stock about me if I'm looking to play U21s next year.

I know I know...If you don't have enough strength for soccer thats saying something lmao. Although most don't realize how physical it is...

I have approximately 30 weeks till pre-season.

After trying to research this for a day I realized I am completely clueless and have no idea what I am suppose to be looking at, if someone could lead me into the right direction is would be appreciated.

Equipment I have available to me: Universal weight machine, barbell (The curved zigzag type), dumbells, exercise bike, dumbells.

My arms are extremely skinny, biceps are pretty much non-existent. Same thing with my back, can see every bone. Legs are not too bad but could be better.

I'm not sure what a good target is because I have no idea what I can do...

10kg in 30 weeks too much?

If anyone could shed some light it would be appreciated.

Cheers.

And at 59kg just eat everything in sight.

This...

I was 52 kg at age 18, and playing footy against grown men, had done since I was 16...
If you want it to be quality weight, it's gona take way more than 30 weeks, but it sounds like you're lean, so for the sake of coping a hammering on the field, just add a bit of fat...

IMO do heaps of squats, pulls (deadlifts/power cleans) bench, shoulder presses, dips and chin ups!
I don't see what at you're stage why you would need to duck around with much other than that!!

At that weight, dont be afraid to eat!!!
Weights wont put on the kgs, food will. What are you eating a day?
Tell us your breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks & i/we can help. We've all been young & wanting to be huge or put on weight. Sometimes you have to stuff yourself & eat extra. Dont worry about getting fat, as you wont, all the soccer training & a young metabolism will counter that & use any extra fat/calories in your diet as energy on the pitch/in the gym...

Alright cheers guys!

Basic day in terms of eating...

Meal 1:

Cereal with milk

Meal 2:

Burger from school

Meal 3:

Ham sandwich or something of the sort.

Meal 4:

Pasta or whatever is left over in the fridge.

Meal 5:

Whatever is cooked by my mum for dinner.

Today Ill just eat everything and see how it goes.

Alright cheers guys!

Basic day in terms of eating...

Meal 1:

Oats with honey and almond butter with full cream milk

Meal 2:

2 x Burger from school
Milk

Meal 3:

Ham sandwich or something of the sort.
Milk

Meal 4:

Pasta or whatever is left over in the fridge.
milk

Meal 5:

Whatever is cooked by my mum for dinner.
Plus two glasses full cream milk and milo to taste

Today Ill just eat everything and see how it goes.

fixed for awesomeness

I'm gaining weight again and just added 3L of milk to my diet.

Packed full of protein and easy calories.

[MENTION=16555]Chopman[/MENTION];
what are you having post workout?
What cereal?
I would start with oats or weetbix, with toast, yougurt and a tea/coffee

Why anyone would want to bulk with milk when there is a plethora of sensational food around, unless your a teen with limited budget, dairy farmer or unemployed.
I can't fathom an adult bulking on milk.
Give me spuds, rice, oats, steak etc any day of the week.

Why anyone would want to bulk with milk when there is a plethora of sensational food around, unless your a teen with limited budget, dairy farmer or unemployed.
I can't fathom an adult bulking on milk.
Give me spuds, rice, oats, steak etc any day of the week.

What if one happens to like milk shrekky?

Fine. Drink your milk. I'll eat solid food and won't shit liquids.

Sent from my iPod touch from Pluto

+1 milk
ive found it much easier to smash full cream milk and other dairy stuff (yoghurt, smoothies) if you arent a big eater and needing extra calories with your meals.

either that or just get stoned and put a lot of food within arms reach...voila! big caloric intake.

Why anyone would want to bulk with milk...

Cheap, and what food packs on more quality weight???

Milk makes small baby cows into big cows in record time, and it has everything needed to do so.

Sure there are other things you can eat, but most people skinny like this bloke can not eat enough to put the weight on, I used to be one of them when I was 16, I was lifting and I used to eat everything is sight, was eating my mum out of house and home, half a loaf of bread and peanut butter would be an after school snack.

Used to wake up in the middle of the night to eat as I was starving, milk was my saviour, drank about 2 litres on top of all the food and it worked.