• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How much water do you drink a day?

How much water do you drink a day?

• 1-2L

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • 2-3L

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • 3-4L

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-5L

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • 5L

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Camelbak is where its at.

My dad doesn't feel thirsty, which wasn't an issue until they moved to Australia. He has kidney issues because of it so I prefer to err on the side of too much water. Also once I get dehydrated I struggle to catch up again.

I do agree the 8 glasses a day is bs but health authorities use it as a guide because some people need a baby sitter.

Iced water is a terrible idea to re-hydrate quickly. Room temp is the best way...
I challenge anyone to work on a shutdown on a minesite in the pilbara in summer, and just drink when they're thirsty...

Holidaying in Vietnam just recently where the temp was 40 every day, chilled and iced water was heaps more satisfying than room temperature which was bath water temp.

here in Melbourne, just the though of drinking chilled water, gives me fuckin goose-bumps.

i think if you're doing real hard yakka in real hot heat, regular breaks would be the go, drinking more and regular is just a given.

Holidaying in Vietnam just recently where the temp was 40 every day, chilled and iced water was heaps more satisfying than room temperature which was bath water temp.

here in Melbourne, just the though of drinking chilled water, gives me fuckin goose-bumps.

mightbeconsideredbroscience: you're burning calories to heat up that chilled water in your gut (easy enough to calculate temp rise vs volume to find out how many, hey, they all count when you're bulking)

Last edited:
My last girlfriend actually told me she is a 'koala' and has no need to drink any water. Honestly I thought she was taking the piss but it was indeed true as I observed her drink V, coffee/tea, cordial, alcohol, but never a drop of water all day/night. Needless to say, I split up with her soon after that.

that whole 'drink room temp water in the heat' thing is total crap.

I've worked out in 40+ heat and drank 5-8l a day on 40+ days, but working an office job like I do now, I struggle at this time of year to get in more than 1.5L, most of which is had in protein shakes. Not counting water consumed at gym.

Even during summer I struggle to get down more than 2L or so at work - I just feel bloated. I've found when working outside during extreme heat, that Staminade helps. Cramps from electrolyte depletion feel bad.

Ok to be serious for a moment and this is slightly off topic but recently I've noticed lots of school kids drinking 'V', Red Bull and other caffeinated drinks first thing in the morning. WTF Is up with this?
Undisciplined kids who 'have' to have something other than 'boring plain water'. Unfortunately most people never grow out of this stage.

I'm sure the parents don't put any effort in either by leading by example.

Undisciplined kids who 'have' to have something other than 'boring plain water'. Unfortunately most people never grow out of this stage.

I'm sure the parents don't put any effort in either by leading by example.

Yeah, my boy (4.5yo) is pretty awesome, he just drinks water, carries a water bottle with him everywhere he goes, occasionally asks for a glass of milk but never soft drink or cordial or anything else. Gave him some lemonade or solo I think during summer as it was bloody hot and was the only cold drink in the fridge apart from beer, and he didn't like it, said it was too sweet

And carrying a water bottle around everywhere makes you look like a fucking wanker.

Especially when it's on your hip hanging of your belt.
But than again, anything hanging off a civilians hip looks like a full wanker.

I hate at admit it, but I 100% agree with Bazza20 on this, I work in an extremely hot climate during summer, and seriously I drink when I am thirsty, more in summer and less in winter, today was -1 to 10 degrees all day and I only had two mugs of coffee, no actual water and I never was thirsty, and still not thirsty, might have a herbal tea before bed.

Your body knows when it needs water, no point sipping water all day and running to the toilet every 5 minutes, the kids around here do it, running around with water bottles all day long its a habit they have for some reason developed and I think they think it's cool somehow.

I actually think/believe that drinking too much water and drinking water when not required puts additional stress on your body as it's constantly flushing out of your system taking minerals with it, it can also cause other health issues.

About 2 liters of water is required per day on average FROM ALL SOURCES, most people get about 1 litre from food per day so really you only need to drink one litre. Obviously Activity level and climate will change this drastically, but this is where thirst comes into it, a good indicator to have a drink.

Here is an interesting read on the topic:
Can you drink too much water? - Health Wellbeing