• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How much water do you drink a day?

How much water do you drink a day?

• 1-2L

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • 2-3L

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • 3-4L

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-5L

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • 5L

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thirst is a perfectly fine indicator of when to drink but it's no surprise on a BB forum for people to be pushing the bro myths with zero scientific basis.

Thirst is a perfectly fine indicator of when to drink but it's no surprise on a BB forum for people to be pushing the bro myths with zero scientific basis.

Thirst as an indicator has served me well over the years my pee is clear most times.
years back when it was awl the rage I did the sipping thing, didn't last long.

Actually, I think if one is living in a real hot place, iced water is the go, as with most things drink a little more when you do a little more.

one really good measure if you're using water is to weigh yourself before and after activity, gives you an idea how much the body uses, water leaves the brain first.

The last few years my water intake has been better then it used to. Every time I wake up I make sure I drink at least a large cup of water since overnight I've probably become somewhat dehydrated.

As Silverback mantioned above, doesn't the colour of your piss indicate to some level of accuratsy how hydrated you are?
My piss on Sunday after a big Saturday night is feral, brown and thick, Dr.Oz would not approve.

As Silverback mantioned above, doesn't the colour of your piss indicate to some level of accuratsy how hydrated you are?
My piss on Sunday after a big Saturday night is feral, brown and thick, Dr.Oz would not approve.

Sure does

Iced water is a terrible idea to re-hydrate quickly. Room temp is the best way...
I challenge anyone to work on a shutdown on a minesite in the pilbara in summer, and just drink when they're thirsty...

working outside in some stinking hot shithole isnt the method by which normal people should assess fluid intake.

I drink when thirsty while doing normal mundane shit that 99% of the populace are doing but i monitor urine colour and take a proactive hydration strategy when im working in the sun or during sustained physical effort.

I chose the 1-2l option but it could be as high as 5-6l

Something else that should upset people, do you consider tea/coffee etc as part of your water intake or not?

They'll be back in their room before smoko with heat stress ;)
Wouldn't even get to start work if they did dehydration tests with DnA's.

As I said before, the conditions aren't the same for everyone but the same logic/principal applies. If you're dehydrated when you feel thirsty in 50 degree heat, you're still dehydrated when you feel thirsty sitting in your 20 degree office. Obviously it's nowhere near as much of an issue provided you don't ignore the signs.

Last edited:
I drink when I am thirsty on most days. That works out to be about 2-3L per day.

However, after suffering from heat exhaustion this summer working outdoors and relying on thirst as an indicator was a very rough lesson to never do that again.

I forget most of the time. I rely on the 'thirsty' signs to remind me.

Last edited:
Ok to be serious for a moment and this is slightly off topic but recently I've noticed lots of school kids drinking 'V', Red Bull and other caffeinated drinks first thing in the morning. WTF Is up with this?

Ok to be serious for a moment and this is slightly off topic but recently I've noticed lots of school kids drinking 'V', Red Bull and other caffeinated drinks first thing in the morning. WTF Is up with this?

I have noticed this alot - and more-so the big ass cans of mother etc - drinking these also can mask thrist for kids and adults - meaning really they will hardly ever drink water - and the only water they will get is through foods they are eating etc.....

Nah think Bazza did

You have serious reading comprehension problems don't you.

No one said or suggested that drinking water is bro science.

Claiming that relying on thirst will cause dehydration is bro science.

Claiming that you should sip water all day is bro science.

And carrying a water bottle around everywhere makes you look like a fucking wanker.

Last edited: