• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How much P/C/F are you ppl eating?

Well..... Ive been eating 1800 calories day in day out for 3 weeks.... WEIGHT HAS NOT FUCKING BUDGED

2200 as of today, if i see no weight loss il bump the prick up to 4000, If im not going to loose wight i might aswell fucking eat :)

Fuck i train 6 days a week ontop of lifting you think id be loosing some weight at 1800 calories a day. Clearly not

height?
weight?
last time had a diet break? (not a single day refeed)
strength up down or same?
how much cardio?
DYEL? :p

height?
weight?
last time had a diet break? (not a single day refeed)
strength up down or same?
how much cardio?
DYEL? :p

i about 5'6 5'7

96kg, BF was 18% over 2 years ago, I rekon its dropped to around 15% now maybe a bit less

No real diet break, but ive been counting calories for months and months from 2500 to 2200 to 2000 to 1900, Just the last 3 weeks ive been at 1800, ive been doing the most training for a long time in the last 3 months.

Strength is slowly increasing, but not as much as id like. Ive been few months on few months of with the weights, Last 3 months ive been solid with it.

Squat - 80kg
bench - 75kg
DL - 70kg
MP - 45kg
Curls - bout 35kg

usually lift every second day, But now its three times a week due to all the Thai boxing i need to recover

Cardio 6 days a week Thai kick boxing, Also trying to add in 6km run/bike ride to work in the morning but ive really been needed the sleep lately, Or so i keep telling myself

Also, I work a desk job

I hope you are on a linear progression strength program at present.

I'd take a diet break and just eat "normally" (probably around 3000ish). Probably drop a cardio session or 2 for 2 weeks as well. It sounds like you are fighting against your body to try and make it budge rather than working with it. Diet break is to restore metabolism (let your body know that you are not dying) so it's ok to put on some weight. Short term gain in weight will help in the long term.

I hope you are on a linear progression strength program at present.

I'd take a diet break and just eat "normally" (probably around 3000ish). Probably drop a cardio session or 2 for 2 weeks as well. It sounds like you are fighting against your body to try and make it budge rather than working with it. Diet break is to restore metabolism (let your body know that you are not dying) so it's ok to put on some weight. Short term gain in weight will help in the long term.

What do you mean linear progression strength program?

Yes calories will be bumped up, 3000 sounds VERY good to me :)

What do you mean linear progression strength program?

Yes calories will be bumped up, 3000 sounds VERY good to me :)

Starting strength, stronglifts, PTC beginners.

At your weight there should be a lot more strength to come even in calorie deficit :)

Never thought id say this, But 3000 is LOTS of food, Il start with 2500 for now :)

Fark ive really gotten soft with this diet shit over the last while, Lost my dam appetite.

I can honestly now see how people struggle to eat "more"

This is a sad day for man kind

Food come the fuck at me

Time to get some ice cream back into the freezer, double cheese burgers ow how i have missed you, Hot chips... Baby please come back

Ok that's enough, got three chicken thigh shnittys, 400g boiled potatoes and 30g whole egg mayo to tuck into. brb

Maybe for one meal but then you need to add dessert on top of that.

hahah good call, The sad truth is. I haven't had desert since i was kid, Not even at restaurants il always skip it, might get an gelato 2 to or three times a year but that it.

big fail i know

Thinking homemade apple crumble to go with my ice cream tonight.

The 3kg of pork belly ive got curing in the fridge to be smoked and turned into bacon will come in handy :)

Been eating 2500 cals since last Wednesday - and fuck i feel alive :)

Will slowly increase to 3000 over the next two weeks

Weight is also down a 0.5kg

Boooo YA!

Cheers for the advice Jz

Yeah i have starting eating at 2500 Cals from this week and although i struggle to actually eat the food to get to the 2500 cals until i get used to it, i think it will work well.

Protein is 265, carbs 135 and Fats 100.

Some quick guidance needed

As of today im increasing cals to 2500

Currently as 193P 86F and 165C

What should i add the extra 300cals too? Silly question i know but i think my protein is enough

Carbs im OK with and have enough fuel for Muay thai each night

Mabey il have to play around with it and sees how it is on each one

Far out - the 50 30 20 breakdown leaves me at over 300g protein per day

I think that is way to much for me.

I'd preferably add it to carbs. But I don't think there will be a noticeable difference if you were to add it to fats. Or just split it 50/50 :)

was 97 kegs this morning..... 4 days of boxing and a big feed on sunday left me feeling real bloated this morning

Still sticking to the increased calories before i do anything.... Still havent had the balls to go 3000, will trial on 2700 in two weeks time if i don't see the scales move much by then

Scales haven't moved for me, Stuck on 96kg :(

Then again, Im looking leaner, Clothes are fitting better

will increase the cals by 100 each day untill i hit 3000 in 5 weeks and see how i go.

Dexa scan pending too