• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How much can you bench.

One thing that I have noticed about big benchers is that the majority of them do bodybuilding type training. Even the small females who do are not really that large will do bodybuilding training after their normal strength work

0ni, I feel some crazy bodybuilding regime coming on :D,

I'm getting weaker all over lately, damn these experiments of mine, I think I have lost 10kg off my bench in 1 month from training light... scary stuff

hope it works.

0ni, I feel some crazy bodybuilding regime coming on :D,

I'm getting weaker all over lately, damn these experiments of mine, I think I have lost 10kg off my bench in 1 month from training light... scary stuff

hope it works.

I'm thinking lots of sets of 5 followed by some sets of 8, 3x a week

10's to 2's over 12 weeks work well, followed by 10's-12's for assistance.

Proper technique.

Lots of back work.

P.s Best comp bench of 150kg

I benched 2 reps at 140 the other day with the wife to verify. Full reps to the chest.

Best ever was 4 x 20`s a side for 1 rep but that was about 4 years ago and even gravity was on my side that day. I`ve never come close again.

3 plates now though and I`m happy with that.

Last edited:
I'm at almost exactly the same level, with basically the same goal as well. Good luck! :) Hope we both get that mythical 100kg before 1/1/13.

when i was much heavier 90-95kgs at about age 24 i was always able to press 100kg every workout but after watching some louis simmons and dave tate videos about benching, i have cleaned up my form and i'm paying more attention to the details.

only now that i'm starting all over again, i figured out that there's nothing really magic to getting stronger. you just have to be patient, train smart and keep adding weight to the bar in small increments. i'm pretty certain i'll be benching 100kg with ease by the end of the year.

definitely check out some louis simmons and dave tate clips on youtube about bench press.

thanks mate, all the best to you too :)

when i was much heavier 90-95kgs at about age 24 i was always able to press 100kg every workout but after watching some louis simmons and dave tate videos about benching, i have cleaned up my form and i'm paying more attention to the details.

only now that i'm starting all over again, i figured out that there's nothing really magic to getting stronger. you just have to be patient, train smart and keep adding weight to the bar in small increments. i'm pretty certain i'll be benching 100kg with ease by the end of the year.

definitely check out some louis simmons and dave tate clips on youtube about bench press.

thanks mate, all the best to you too :)

I have no fucking clue what your training is like but because you mentioned tate and simmons I just have to say that you might want to be careful doing speed work as a raw bencher as it won't carry over too much

I have no fucking clue what your training is like but because you mentioned tate and simmons I just have to say that you might want to be careful doing speed work as a raw bencher as it won't carry over too much

ok thanks. no i don't do any speed work. just 5 x 5 for the bench press.

100 for a comfortable 3 reps the other week.

FML

I've been sitting in the 90-95kg zone for 4-6 reps for like 2 fucking years

please kill me

have done 172kg touch and go nearly 20 yeara ago.

Did a 137.5kg paused bench in 1998 and 147.5kg touch and go.

Last year did 125kg in CAPO comp, and 137.5kg touch and go in Dec. PTC comp.

Aiming for 140-150kg in CAPO Nationals in 100kg division.

I've done 100 x 5 quite a few times, may have been a little bridging going on though, trying to be stricter with my form.

I managed 110 x 2 the other day.

33, 110kgs

almost nothing it would seem since i'm approaching doing them properly (still not quite getting there i suspect, but its hurting in what feel like the right places and my weights have dropped very muchly... trying 75KG's tonight lol)

i was more talking in general because the squat is my favorite lift...

you will get there, just focus on your technique, get it right, get depth right, then focus on programing to get it strong. post a vid of your squats tonight and we will have a look