• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How much can you bench.

That's a good question.

That would put him ahead of Laurie Butler equipped in the 82.5s, which I find unlikely.

Chucky at ESP is the only other one I can think of that would go close, and as OPO don't keep records anywhere on the interwebz impossible to know

Laurie has pulled 315kg in the 82.5s which I believe to be the all time Australian 82.5kg deadlift record (hopefully not for too much longer ;))

Tonight 120kg 3 reps,then 130kg 3 reps,140kg 3 reps,150kg 1 rep and then 160kg 1 rep.All done properly,touch chest and full lock out.
This is after 3x8 sets of 85kg.
Hopefully with more training will push 170kg easy.

a pathetic 78kg for 5 sets of 5-6 reps. and that was a hard 5 sets. i'm aiming for 100kg for 5 sets of 5-6 reps by the end of the year. i think if i progress gradually going up by small increments i can get there and maybe even further.

i did a reset on some of my weights.

That's damn admirable, ain't it.

Laurie Butler pulled 290kg at 82.5kg on 23/3/2002 at 55 years old

Pulled 347.5kg at 90kg on 1/8/1993 at 46 years old

Laurie still competes and in the words of Adam Coe was/is Australia's greatest powerlifter.

The guy is a legend and at 65 years old would outlift most of the people on this forum.

a pathetic 78kg for 5 sets of 5-6 reps. and that was a hard 5 sets. i'm aiming for 100kg for 5 sets of 5-6 reps by the end of the year. i think if i progress gradually going up by small increments i can get there and maybe even further.

i did a reset on some of my weights.
I'm at almost exactly the same level, with basically the same goal as well. Good luck! :) Hope we both get that mythical 100kg before 1/1/13.

Thanks boys not really a pb. I hit three plates aside a couple years ago before I buggered my shoulder but fuck it I'm claiming it anyway. It's a cripple pb lol

As much as I can squat now... :(
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91vEAyEmiZc"]Equipped Bench @UQPWC - YouTube[/ame]

One thing that I have noticed about big benchers is that the majority of them do bodybuilding type training. Even the small females who do are not really that large will do bodybuilding training after their normal strength work

Today I benched 3x80kg. Not overly impressive around here, but it is a PR for me.

ETA: And I'm 23, going on 24 in September.

One thing that I have noticed about big benchers is that the majority of them do bodybuilding type training. Even the small females who do are not really that large will do bodybuilding training after their normal strength work

I'm just putting it out there...

Duh. :p

Today I benched 3x80kg. Not overly impressive around here, but it is a PR for me.

ETA: And I'm 23, going on 24 in September.

Fuck I still remember how stoked I was when I benched 60 fuck I felt like an animal using the big boy plates.

Fuck I still remember how stoked I was when I benched 60 fuck I felt like an animal using the big boy plates.
Haha, yeah, I remember that same feeling on my first 60kg bench press.

Thanks Brick, wingman and Freako :)