• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How much can you bench.

Not all that much at the moment, I am not training for strength though.

Bout 120kg flat for 8, and 50kg DB's incline for 8-12

You're not out of line perceive lol

The thread was started by a troll, who has since been banned.

It will be moved, I'm sure, eventually ;)

Comparative to bodyweight, more than most other people in Australia...

True story :p

One of the guys that works out here in TVL - James Ormsby - weighs in around 95kgs off season, and currently has a 1RM of around 185kg!!!

But he HAS been training (BB mostly) for ten years, no more than 1 single week off in that time.

On a separate note, a friends brother went to nationals for powerlifting, and picked up 297kg from the ground, weighing less than 80kg...

That's a good question.

That would put him ahead of Laurie Butler equipped in the 82.5s, which I find unlikely.

Chucky at ESP is the only other one I can think of that would go close, and as OPO don't keep records anywhere on the interwebz impossible to know

I never actually spectated this, but my friends name is Richard O'Donoghue, and I BELIEVE his brothers name is Aaron... but I only met him the once, so I don't truly remember. I just remember being astounded at it being 3kg below 300kg... From what he told me, that lift was fully equipped. He's been powerlifting for around 8ish years. and i'm certain it was mid 70's for BW.

Him and his entire family swore it to be the truth that night that I met him - cause though he was so stocky and damn strong lookin, I was buggin out thinking it. Maybe he was mid 80's, or maybe they were sh1tting me. But, it is possible - remember the stats of the Sardinian Strongman!

SOB, he 100% told me 297kg. I was like 'ZOMG!'. But those stats look pretty genuine. Thanks for the education.