• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How is this for leg power: NFL combine standing broad and vertical jumps

My opinion is that the NFL has the best athletes of any sport.

Could not agree more....if Aus had these development programs for league and union we would be looking at a totally different/more advanced games - unfortunately in regards to how NFL is structured as a game we miss out on how athletic alot of these athletes are....

Could not agree more....if Aus had these development programs for league and union we would be looking at a totally different/more advanced games - unfortunately in regards to how NFL is structured as a game we miss out on how athletic alot of these athletes are....

More like if we had more black guys running around.

Completely agree... They a pure power and explosiveness.

Endurance maybe the only drawback

Personally I don't class endurance as that impressive athletic ability. It's just doing something mediocre for a long period of time.

USA are now starting to put alot more focus on Rugby Union - alot of colleges are picking it up, they have a very strong 7's program and there are already guys playing professionally in Europe due to this. They are also now forming a professional 15 man comp that will be launching over the next few years....if they could pick the game up and run with it (haha) then they could easily be in the top 10 within a matter of years....

it is an awesome feat for anyone to do a standing long jump of 3 metres, NFL style where they have to stick landing.

This guy did 3.7m.

NFL athletes are so good that if Haines gets a regular gig in some sort of speed position, it should be seen as a great Australian sporting achievement.

Interestingly, a lot of people who excel at NFL combines do not do any good.

However, the ones that do make it still have pretty good power levels, and some, like Calvin Johnson, are absolute physical freaks in terms of power.

Bottom line, however, is still your skill and guts. I had good leg power, but little of the latter.

NFL athletes are so good that if Haines gets a regular gig in some sort of speed position, it should be seen as a great Australian sporting achievement.

I would be surprised if he ever starts a game - I would say if he does "start" it will be due to marketing and advertising more-so than his ability to play....he will def never be a regular starter....there would be 1000+ guys playing college football that would be currently better athlete than him...

Hayne is def a good athlete but NFL is a cut throat business - nothing at all like NRL.......

I would be surprised if he ever starts a game - I would say if he does "start" it will be due to marketing and advertising more-so than his ability to play....he will def never be a regular starter....there would be 1000+ guys playing college football that would be currently better athlete than him...

Hayne is def a good athlete but NFL is a cut throat business - nothing at all like NRL.......

He will never start due to marketing or advertising. They couldn't give a fuck who he is.

He will only start due to ability and apparently he did pretty well on his testing day and has a fair few clubs interested.

He will never start due to marketing or advertising. They couldn't give a fuck who he is.

He will only start due to ability and apparently he did pretty well on his testing day and has a fair few clubs interested.

Spot on. Haines is a very good athlete. He ran around 11.00 seconds for 100m after a season of league.

I think he would easily be a 10.5 second runner, at worst.

He is an exceptional mover in terms of a footballer; I would not be surprised if he makes it to NFL. They would cut him early if they thought he had no chance.

Good luck Haines.

You would think Aus would pump some money into the club to advertise it within Australia - NFL has a huge following now, plus most/all NRL supporters would be interested - I know its like pumping money into a mint when it comes to an NFL clubs - BUT I believe that is how he will get his "start" BUT I could be totally wrong...

Yea I think he has signed with Detroit Lions or about to sign....I don't believe "signing" means too much I would say he will still need to go down the same path as all players - as NFL teams have a huge pre-season where they select/sign maybe 1103w21-120 guys and then cut it down to the 53 man roster - some teams may cut 10 guys in the 1st day or 2....then they become "free-agents" again and hopefully get picked up by another team, or wait till the next pre-season....its an insanely cut-throat kinda business....