• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How does alchohol affect your training?

People make their own choices with regards to alcohol. I drink too much and would like to cut it out altogether but it just tastes so damn good :)

'Activists' that are in your face and call you an idiot for drinking make we want to have another drink :p Its like when vegetarians tell me not to eat meat... my response is always I'll eat two bits of meat for every bit you don't eat :)

Bit different to an occasional drink dont you think???????

Im looking forward to my drink tonight Oznipper and myself moved our squats to thursdays instead of fridays so we can have a drink after work.

Who cares if drinking affects training or not, there is a more important thing that it affects. YOUR GOD DAMN HEALTH. Surely that's more important than "It tastes nice, or "It makes me relax".

Exactly...

I can do aot of things to relax, pop some diazapam.. Do i? NO. Does it feel good? Fuck yes!

All for what? Fullfill the Australian dream of beig a sick **** sitting at a pub drinking beer? Alcohol kills more then illicit drunks yet is widely accepted because of our culture.. This doesn't make it right and more should be done to protect younger people from it.

Thats not the Australian dream Noobs, nor is it only Australian culture.

So if I'm at a party, and I pull out my syringe with 400ml of Testosterone Cypionate in it, and proceed to inject it in my glute, all the piss weak fat pricks with a stubby in there hand will reel around in horror and deride my activities as foolhardy and dangerous.

You could do that at a Wine drinking festival and they would still have the same reaction.

Who cares if drinking affects training or not, there is a more important thing that it affects. YOUR GOD DAMN HEALTH. Surely that's more important than "It tastes nice, or "It makes me relax".

Going out and having a few, or maybe a few too many on occasion probably isnt going to destroy someones health.

Last edited:
I did nothing.
Although being less learnered* then, I do admit to the odd ocassional drink at a Niteclub, but even then these were very minimal. I virtually am alcohol free since I was 24, that's when I met the Mrs and stopped frequenting Niteclubs.

Thats not the Australian dream Noobs, nor is it only Australian culture.

it may not be only Australian culture, but it definately is the accepted culture in Australia, and its a poor thing to be proud about...

i'm not against having the occasional drink to celebrate something special, but i'm not for getting totally sloshed and spending a weeks wages on alcohol for a few hours of good fun, that you will barely remember in the morning. that to me is just plain stupid...

i also believe if you need to drink to have a good time, then you are one boring mofo that lives a sad existence.. and i will probably offend lots of people saying that, but if you arent content with yourself and the company you keep that you need to drink to enjoy it.. then obviously there is a problem there..

oh and Oli, i have done just fine not drinking in a corporate environment... it doesnt make a difference...

Skywalker, I only used the stubbies as one example, I could use hundreds of scenarios, you missed the point.

Alcohol is accepted because the Government says that drug is legal, so uneducated people just go along.

Anyway, I'm out, I've done this before with the same results.

Keep it nice so it doesnt get locked

Ghrp6 caused deaths 0

Alcohol... Fuck anyone want to guess?

What one is legal and not for criminals?

this is all VERY good reading.

But firstly, to ANYONE who says drinking isn't dangerous, let's see what you have to say when you have to watch a little girl die because some fukcwit was drink driving... try telling her mother why her baby girl wont be home!!!(sorry guys)

I like most people went through a huge stage where i drank all the time, but now very rarely pick up a drink cause my tastebuds just dont like it. I think almost everyone knows how bad it is, but most of them play the "ignorance is bliss" card.

Every party my in-laws have there is always at least 4 kids under 15 drinking UDL's or something like that... i just shake my head at them...

i dont drink, havent in over 13 years.
Like when i say this. I mean i havent drank 1 bit of alcohol in that amount of time.

So many of my mates have big weekends and monday, tuesday etc they are struggling with strength etc compared to later in the week.

I cant stand mates who worry so much about diet, calorie intake etc.
yet on weekends smash every type of drink back.. But that doesnt come into diet consideration. hahahaa

Pro drivers are on .00 BAC in the ACT now so i just avoid the stuff all together nowadays

All my cash gets used up on my cars and food anyway.

Alcohol should be treated just like any other drug. You should understand the compound you are consuming and how it you will be affected by it.

As with any drugs problems only occur from misuse, carelessness, a lack of knowledge or incorrect dosage.

As Markos mentioned people are of the opinion that alcohol is less of a danger due to its legal status. That simply shows a lack of knowledge and is a damn shame.

Alcohol and cigarettes are the biggest killing drugs. No doubt caused by their widespread availablity. This widespread availability does not at all diminish their risk to your body or their potential for abuse. All it does is open them up to a wider market and create a government as depenant on the tax revenue as a booze hound is for their next drink.

After all simply banning all alcohol and ciggarettes would greatly reduce availability and community harm. But then they would simply go underground and be produced by criminals you say. Yep same as all other "undesirable substances". What makes alcohol and nicotine so special? But so many people can enjoy a drink without abusing the stuff you say! Indeed, just the same a MDMA, Cocaine, Amphetamines, DXM, LSD, Magic Musrooms, Anabolic steriods and the list goes on. I know plenty more people who simply use this stuff rather than abuse it.

My point is take whatever you want but dont be a dick and think it wont have some effect on your body. Just educate yourslef on the effects and make an informed decision. Your own decision, not the governments.

Cheers,