• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How does alchohol affect your training?

Binge drinking is form of alcoholism...

But i agree with the definition. I think some people just dont like to admit how bad their problem is.

Going through clinic now i am suprised just how much people dirnk and how often and how they think it is normal to have 6 beers/wines 5 days a week.

^ Yeah it's scary isn't it? There's a difference between a glass of wine with dinner every few nights and smashing 5+ beers a night.

I think a lot of these people just don't care about their bodies or they just don't think about the future. They should spend a day in a hospital ward or ED and see what they'll be like in 20-40 years time.

Same goes for smokers, thinking they're healthy because they're not fat and that they can stop any time.

I wonder how much time and money would be saved in healthcare if people thought about what they put into their bodies. (Whether it's legal or not.)

/rant

For some people alcohol has way more value than their health. Most firms I've seen work and play ridiculously hard - I'm talking raking up $50K in a single night behind the bar.

Dont drink there and after 10 years you'll still have the same shitkicker position you started in.

I know it is ignorance... I think our parents generation thinks that the worst food can do to you is make you fat, and if your not fat then your fine.. Its scary but that is the limitation of alot of the older generations knowledge. It needs to be changed.

I used to smoke drink alot out of ignorance and beng a child not knowing anything... I think it is societies duty to protect people from ignorance, thats why i get so pissed off about non dangerous substances being touted as evil (such as dhea, peptides) while the government knowingly lets the population kill themselves with food alcohol and smoking...

For some people alcohol has way more value than their health. Most firms I've seen work and play ridiculously hard - I'm talking raking up $50K in a single night behind the bar.

Dont drink there and after 10 years you'll still have the same shitkicker position you started in.

Wow we need alcohol to progress our selves in society..

What a fucking poor excuse as a fail...

I never really understood that. What good is a lawyers salary when your liver is fucked before you're 40 and you die at 60.

If you are referring to my post about drinking age. I don't think that childrens brains that are still developing should be smashed with poison.

18yo are fucking babies. You think you know everything and are invincible but you are a baby. Your brain is still developing and the damage that is being done is irreversible,

All for what? Fullfill the Australian dream of beig a sick **** sitting at a pub drinking beer? Alcohol kills more then illicit drunks yet is widely accepted because of our culture.. This doesn't make it right and more should be done to protect younger people from it.

I just find it funny how this country is with alcohol but if you import dhea your an evil criminal.

Everything is backwards.

I am 20 and agree that the drinking age should be raised to 21. I used to get written off every weekend when I was 16-17 because i thought I was a mad dog.

Education is most important when it comes to making any decisions in life, I think that should be the governments priority.

Yes education (individualism) is very important but so is collectivism. An example of collectivism at its best is smoking. One of public healths greatest achievements. By attaching a stigma to smoking it has saved many lives and money.

Last edited:
I never really understood that. What good is a lawyers salary when your liver is fucked before you're 40 and you die at 60.
Especially since the difference between your promoted position's salary and your former shitkicker position is probably about how much you spent on coke and booze :)

Really it's prestige and the sort of people you get to hang out with day-to-day. Most people would rather be a Senior Manager on $50,000 than a cleaner of public toilets on $100,000.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoIvd3zzu4Y]YouTube - American Psycho: Business Card Scene[/ame]

Actions verify priorities.

In 3 words, Andy has expressed why I dont bother with those that dont bother to help themselves.

Thank you once again Andy.

But dont stress fellas, plenty of others who can help you.

Surely Mr Collingwood I can pick and choose who I can help cant I, just as someone can choose to drink. Am I compelled to give advice to someone who cant process information?

Oli is the perfect advertisment for raising the drinking age to 41 lol

At least you make me laugh Oli. Your views and observations on life are hysterical. seeing as I'm 48 and have never drunk, I must be on about $5,600pa

Surely Mr Collingwood I can pick and choose who I can help cant I, just as someone can choose to drink. Am I compelled to give advice to someone who cant process information?

Its a free country, you can do as you please :)

Anyway, its all pretty pointless to continue with this thread I would have thought. Everyone knows that alcohol has a negative effect on your training. To think otherwise is pretty silly. End thread right there.

Something else we can take from this thread is that you want help from some people then you should lie to them about things to fall in-line with their belief systems. ;)

Not so much lie, I have paying clients who drink, its there money, I dont care.

But to spend hours on forums giving advice everyday, to some who think that drinking is cool, its just a waste of time, for both parties.

Not so much lie, I have paying clients who drink, its there money, I dont care.

But to spend hours on forums giving advice everyday, to some who think that drinking is cool, its just a waste of time, for both parties.

Got it. People who have the occasional drink are wasting their time working out. They should give up now (working out), and they can expect to not receive any help from some members here. I think that's a bit too ridgy myself. But each to their own. At least we all know where we stand. Signing off from this thread.

At least you make me laugh Oli. Your views and observations on life are hysterical. seeing as I'm 48 and have never drunk, I must be on about $5,600pa

I don't pretend that as some hillbilly from newcastle who drives a toyota I'm in with it at all.

Big banks, law and management consultancy firms are selective. On my friends floor at Allans are 6 cheerleaders, an australian hockey player and more rugby players than you can count. How they were selected? after the first round of interviewing they were all invited to a christmas party. Once there they were each given a list of 7 people they had to talk to in the evening.

Your job involves being in a room and having to entertain 70 year old oligarchs and maintain business links/network for the firm. WASPs who can sail, play rugby and drink are far better at doing that than a quiet dude who doesnt drink and has his multiple meals packed in tuppleware containers.

I didn't say it was healthy nor the right choice, merely that if you wanted to climb the corporate ladder then thats how it works.

Last edited:
I think a lot of these people just don't care about their bodies or they just don't think about the future. They should spend a day in a hospital ward or ED and see what they'll be like in 20-40 years time.

I wonder how much time and money would be saved in healthcare if people thought about what they put into their bodies. (Whether it's legal or not.)

/rant

Binge drinking is a cultural problem that won't just be solved by legislation.

Drinks taste good, there's the social element, being drunk is fun. Not everyone feels like shit or ends up puking after a night out so it's not obvious that alcohol is that bad for you.
Alcohol is a social lubricant. Always has been, always will be.
But there is not much FUN about running into a group of drunk people in the street.
You will do better with the chicks if you are yourself. There is a strang irony when people need to take drugs to become themselves...