• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Hitting your 'micronutrients'

you dont need fancy shit like metamucil, just smash down some psyllium husk in some way. I found that steamed veg was not enough for fibre, and who wants to eat salads, every single day. Can skip it if I eat a lot of rice, but again I try not to

its called whole foods, pretty easy really...
C_T is 100% correct. Whole foods are where it's at, and trying to single out an individual nutrient may cause more harm than it would solve. Potassium in its isolated state can give you a cardiac arrest due to its extreme ability to generate a most powerful muscle contraction. So unless you are 100% certain of a deficiency in a particular micronutrient, it would be best not to delve into what I would call isolated supplementation...especially with your electrolytes!

Including green leafy vegetables plus other vegetables such as sweet potatoes and the cruciferous family of vegetables; the fruit berries and other fruits such as the avocado etc. and you would more than likely cover all your micronutrient needs, including both form of fiber, soluble and insoluble. Zinc for example is great for your immune system, but take a bit over what you need (in supplement form instead of (say) few oysters), and your immune system would suffer for it, causing you to be very lethargic indeed. Can’t beat real wholesome food. Once you've covered your macronutrients needs with well balanced wholesome foods, the micronutrients would take care of themselves.

PS: Macronutrients are all the carbohydrates (including their none digestible and fiberous elements), proteins, fats, and water (or the fluid parts of the whole foods that we eat). Micronutients are all the vitamins and minerals that are found within our foods, in addition to the latest superstars of the micronutrient world we call phytochemicals.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Only thing I take is magnesium because I get cramps or muscle tightness very easily.

Fibre is easy, bowl of raw oats every morning makes my stools come out like mr whippy. Everything else I think I got it pretty well covered though my love of vegies, nuts, meat, berries and bananas.

C_T is 100% correct. Whole foods are where it's at, and trying to single out an individual nutrient may cause more harm than it would solve. Potassium in its isolated state can give you a cardiac arrest due to its extreme ability to generate a most powerful muscle contraction. So unless you are 100% certain of a deficiency in a particular micronutrient, it would be best not to delve into what I would call isolated supplementation...especially with your electrolytes!

Including green leafy vegetables plus other vegetables such as sweet potatoes and the cruciferous family of vegetables; the fruit berries and other fruits such as the avocado etc. and you would more than likely cover all your micronutrient needs, including both form of fiber, soluble and insoluble. Zinc for example is great for your immune system, but take a bit over what you need (in supplement form instead of (say) few oysters), and your immune system would suffer for it, causing you to be very lethargic indeed. Can’t beat real wholesome food. Once you've covered your macronutrients needs with well balanced wholesome foods, the micronutrients would take care of themselves.

PS: Macronutrients are all the carbohydrates (including their none digestible and fiberous elements), proteins, fats, and water (or the fluid parts of the whole foods that we eat). Micronutients are all the vitamins and minerals that are found within our foods, in addition to the latest superstars of the micronutrient world we call phytochemicals.

Fadi.

its crazy how simple it is, yet everyone wants to over complicate things.

good post, seems common sense to me.

Hit ya macronutrients but just make sure you have whole foods with a range of vegies. 3 cups of various veg across the day is enough for me, never needed a multi etc etc etc.