• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Hitting your 'micronutrients'

kaz

iLift
Who here focus' on achieving/controlling their Micronutrient intake?

-Fibre
-Cholesterol
-Sodium
-Potassium
-Calcium
-Vitamins

To name a few.....

Are there specific health reasons for your micronutrient maintenance?

Do you think a balanced diet will sort out the Micronutrients on their own?

Is it unnecessary unless you fall into a certain health risk?

Last edited:
I have started tracking Fibre and have been tracking Potassium as it was found as a cause for heart palpitations I was having.

I read a post from Body Evolution recently about how good carbs are for athletes and how lack of Fibre contributes to bloat.
He seriously knows everything.

Missus has tried them all since she was on the pain killers post surgery (they block you up). Metamucil was probably the least effective she reckons

Yeah, that's what I heard as well... heaven forbid I should actually have to start eating 'veggies' ... eek :p

its called whole foods, pretty easy really...

Last edited:

-Fibre
-Cholesterol
-Sodium
-Potassium
-Calcium
-Vitamins

To name a few.....

why don't u ask your mod fadi?

edit: even i can see many mistakes is your question, but, we'll leave that for another time.

-Fibre
-Cholesterol
-Sodium
-Potassium
-Calcium
-Vitamins

To name a few.....

I track fibre, mostly because I can't really have more than about 25g per day. If I go over 30g I start to feel sick.

I track my total sugar intake (ie from all sources, not added sugar) but mostly because of my food intolerances. I don't try to limit it all the time so much as just making sure I don't go overboard (for same reasons as fibre).

Both of these, particularly as I love my veg and I am currently eating lots of carbs.

I don't track the rest. I have a balanced diet with a wide variety of foods, covering a wide range of micros.

The only deficiency I have is Vit D as my liver doesn't seem to want to produce much more than it does (despite sunshine, the right foods and supplementation lol).

If you're diet is mostly well balanced and varied and you eat enough, and you don't have any medical conditions that will impact absorption of nutrients etc, then you should be fine.