• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Welcome to all you newer members.

This site is growing at an alarming rate, thats a great tick to the Admin and quality of the website.

David, Neil Darren etc, great goals

nah that's a tick to all the great members , they are who make ausbb

Name: Steve

Current Weight: 92 kgs (Was 94-90)

Height: 183 cms

Training experience
(if you have any that is): Been working out for about 12 months with a gap in the middle for 4 months when I broke my thumb and tendons.
What I am currently been doing for 3 1/2 months.. Doing well..

Any Interests: Fishing, Boating, AFL, V8 Supercars, Family.

I joined Ausbb because it's one of the best that I have found where help is at hand in relation to anything about weights, bodybuilding etc.
My aim is to get fitter, buildup (if at all possible for my age) loose my stomach and LIVE longer!!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to all.

Steve

:)

Updated my status. Thanks to Fadi for the help and progression (where ever he is!)

Howdy folks, longtime lurker, first time poster.
Name - Lee
Age - 32
Gender - Male
Location - Newcastle
Training experience:
I've 'dabbled' at the gym a fair few times over the years but never really knew what I was doing. I've had a couple of personal trainers as well, but from reading this site it doesn't look like they knew what they were doing either.
I started lifting using a proper program in September last year and that was going well until I got appendicitis in October. After a week in hospital and another month or so recuperating (appendix go boom!) I started up again and quickly realised that I lost what little gains I had made and then some! The body's ability to destroy muscle is pretty amazing.

Weight - 108.6kg
Height - 180cm (5'11 I think)
Any Interests - Soccer, shiny new tech, and other stuff
Goals - To get strong. I'm aiming for these figures by December this year.
Bench 100 kg
Squat 140 kg
Deadlift 180 kg

I'm not too fussed with my weight but I want to lose a fair bit of my gut and a few inches of the waist. I figure if I keep lifting, eat clean, and get plenty of rest I should drop a few kilo's anyway and I'll be happy, fit and strong.

Hi All,

I've also been lurking around for a while and decided I better introduce myself.

- Name: Mark
- Training experience: Started working out at the age of 26 as a very skinny 86kgs (I'm 6'5") and spent a little over a year doing a shitty 5 day split body part routine which did NOT include legs at all. Despite my total lack of knowledge I actually got up to 95kgs and was pretty happy with my efforts. Then I met my wife and let it all go (because that's what you do). In the last 4 years I've tried to get back into training a few times (after reading Starting Strength and realising the error of my ways) but haven't lasted more than a few weeks at a time - I'm in my second week of this time around.
- Any Interests: Love 4WD'ing, partial to a bit of poker and have an unhealthy obsession with cricket.
Weight: 88kgs
Height: 6'5"
Goals: Put some meat on my frame and get stronger which shouldn't be too hard considering I've lived a very sedentary life for the past four years.

- Name Basil
- Age 45
- Gender Male
- Location Sydney
- Training experience Not much
- Any Interests trying to get of my arse and get back into it.
Im hoping by talking with other bodybuilders I will get back on track.
First of all I need to get rid of my tyre.

Welcome to the forum fellas. Your first posts are too tame, I'd like to see you be more controversial. Take a leaf out of Morgan's book. He joined bb.com and in his first post questioned the sexuality of one of their member's wives.

Conflict is the key ingredient to any effective piece of fiction writing. This forum is full of fiction. Get cracking. :D

Welcome to the forum fellas. Your first posts are too tame, I'd like to see you be more controversial. Take a leaf out of Morgan's book. He joined bb.com and in his first post questioned the sexuality of one of their member's wives.

Conflict is the key ingredient to any effective piece of fiction writing. This forum is full of fiction. Get cracking. :D

Bahaha that's awesome! So true.

Name: Josh
Height: 183cm
Weight: 81kg

Training experience: Started going to the gym about 3 years ago. Back then I was a twig (65kg) and struggled to do a pushup. I gained mass quite quickly but I only got serious about strength training in the past 6 months.

Needless to say I'm still an absolute n00b and weak as shit. Looking forward to growing and learning loads from you guys. :)

5RMs
Bench: 100kg
Deadlift: 120kg
(Front) Squat: 90kg

G'day, here goes:

Name: Stuart
Training experience: None really - was a keen cyclist, tried Starting Strength at the beginning of last year.
Any Interests: Motorcycles, philosophy

Why I joined? I'm here to lose a bit of weight and gain a bit of muscle (probably in that order too). It's a person's duty to be as fit as they can be - and that's what I want to achieve.

Name: Mike
Training experience: 4-5 years on and off
Any Interests: Fitness and health, japanese imports, gaming

G'day guys,

I'm Mike, and I joined up to Ausbb to learn and hopefully teach things that I have learnt along the way.

My career so far, I am an Engineer (Civil) turned Personal Trainer, and completed my studies last year. I must say this is the best decision I have ever made in my life to work in a field that I truly enjoy.

Basically I'm here to talk to people who have "been there done that" and hopefully gain some insite to what has work for people and what hasn't. Whilst in return I can answer and give advice where possible from the things I have learn during my full time study as a Personal Trainer (1 year full course).

My hobbies are as you can guess, fitness and well being along with a passion for japanese import cars and gaming.

Anyway that's enough blabbering from me, all the best with training!
Regards,
Mike

Growing, in Melbourne

Hey guys,
I'm Brad. I'm 28, and I've been lifting weights on and off for the past 5 years.

I have to say, that I haven't made a huge amount of progress. I'm currently at 73kg's with a 5'10" frame.

I have a long way to go to being as huge as I want to be, but hopefully joining this forum and getting some inspiration from you guys will help me to achieve my goals.

I'm joining a local 24hr gym in Docklands on Monday, so here goes with my jump into being massive.

Cheers,
Brad

Gday

Hi

Name: Ben
Training experience: On and off for the past four-five years, more off than on to be honest. I bought a power rack with some weights and bench to start Stronglifts 5x5, have done that for about three months and made some decent strength gains.

With some encouragement from the wife have decided to trim off some fat before getting stuck into the PTC beginner program with a bit of a calorie surplus to put on some size. I'm about to go and start a training log after I write this.

Any Interests: Sportsbikes (Kawasakis to be precise :)), my dog Zeus and my friends and family.

I'm looking forward to my time here
Cheers
Ben

Name: Zdeněk
Training experience: <3 months
Goal: Get as Big and Strong as I can this year, then get even Bigger and Stronger

Done a bit of Gym, never really committed as much as i would have liked, various reasons/excuses.
Last 3 months have been using kettle bells and exploring various other ways of exercising
Finally felt committed enough and bought a Power Rack and started training... today 2/2/2011.
Would like to become a PT later this year once I have thrown a bit of weight around.

Inroduction

- Name: Steve
- Training experience: I've been training for about 2 years now
- Height: 178cm
- Weight: 71.5kg at roughly 12% BF
- Current 1 rep maxes(raw):
Squat: 140kg(bellow parallel), Bench(paused): 110kg, Deadlift: 180kg Push Press: 82.5kg
- Goals: I just started my first powerlifting specific program (Sheiko #29) as previously my programs were mainly hypertrophy specific. I'm aiming for a 500kg total (raw) at a body weight of 67kg by the end of the year. I believe this is more than achievable considering my lack of strength specific training.

Hey Fellas,

just moved here from bodybuilders.com.au, as unfortunately that place died in the ass a bit.

I'm 24, 5'8, ~73 kg. Been lifting for probably 5 years, but not eating properly all that time :(

Lifts are as follows :

Squat 125kg x 1, Deadlift 180kg x 1, Bench 70kg x 5 (never tried a max), Shoulder Press 45kg x 5 (never tried a max with these either. Currently working on bringing my upper body up to speed a bit!

Welcome to the Ausbb forum Tyrone , make yourself at home , and invite your mates around too , let them know that Ausbb is thriving with great people

Hey Fellas,

just moved here from bodybuilders.com.au, as unfortunately that place died in the ass a bit.

I'm 24, 5'8, ~73 kg. Been lifting for probably 5 years, but not eating properly all that time :(

Lifts are as follows :

Squat 125kg x 1, Deadlift 180kg x 1, Bench 70kg x 5 (never tried a max), Shoulder Press 45kg x 5 (never tried a max with these either. Currently working on bringing my upper body up to speed a bit!
Glad you made it here mate.

They should never have banned Bar Stud, he was a good fella.

LMAO.

G'day

G'day all

My name is Shane I'm 28 have been lifting for only 7 months 3 days a week.
So I am a newbie and slowly getting towards my goal of shredding fat in the past 10 months I've dropped around 15kg of fat and started notice some shape coming through.

I'm sure I'll be lurking around acting like a sponge absorbing all the great info you guys have on this great forum and hope at some stage I can contribute.

Cheers Shane

- Name: Steve
- Training experience: I've been training for about 2 years now
- Height: 178cm
- Weight: 71.5kg at roughly 12% BF
- Current 1 rep maxes(raw):
Squat: 140kg(bellow parallel), Bench(paused): 110kg, Deadlift: 180kg Push Press: 82.5kg
- Goals: I just started my first powerlifting specific program (Sheiko #29) as previously my programs were mainly hypertrophy specific. I'm aiming for a 500kg total (raw) at a body weight of 67kg by the end of the year. I believe this is more than achievable considering my lack of strength specific training.

At what comp are you looking to make that total Steve?