• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I'll be honest i still haven't decided between PA or Cappo, after having read some of the threads in this forum I'm aware that there are some politics involved between the 2 organisations. There seems to be alot more events from PA in victoria this year compared to Cappo, but yehh like i said i'm still not sure.
I'd like to compete in my first comp by say june the latest, and then aim for a 500kg total(raw) by no later than October.
Any unbiased opinions on which organisation to join would be greatly appreciated

That was me you nincompoop.:p

I left then my account got deleted 6 months later.

.....I know :)

If I recall correctly you seemed to butt heads with a few of the other fellas there at times. Unless that was just a big in joke between a few of you fellas!

Hi All

Interesting looking Forum and maybe a nice place to revisit

I'm a 43 year old male with a wife and three kids (12,6,3) and some previous training experience, who has let things slide over the last ten years, joining the AUSBB Community is an effort to get back onto the fitness horse I've fallen off

Not in The Biggest Loser Category; but well impressed that the last show I watched they ran/completed a marathon and even this years team recently completed a 10 km competetion

Currently training at a 24/7 gym which is only a couple of minutes away and has been a bonus as i can get up at 4:30 am, hit the gym by 5:00 am and be back home to get ready for the day by 6:10 - 6:30 am

It's time to turn back the clock, get in great shape, and build the best body I can. Forget the mortgage, the car, the job and any other day to day distractions.........if only for a little bit each day ;) and be a bit selfish and do a little something for myself each day.

I'm here to lose fat and build muscle with some passion and commitment.

Here's hoping the members here can assist me along the journey with some neccesary tools and guidelines

.....I know :)

If I recall correctly you seemed to butt heads with a few of the other fellas there at times. Unless that was just a big in joke between a few of you fellas!
Well it went downhill fast after I left. Lots of them post here now. :)

Hi I'm Ally, Im 38. Im from Perth
I lost 23kgs last year but lacked some tone and definition..Unfortunately thru lack of discipline and inability to exercise (knee op) put back on 16kg. So starting again, but this time want some tone and definition and have the discipline to keep it off as I dont particularly like doing it all again. My husband is doing a 5x5 workout and has set us up with hopefully the key pieces to our home gym so we can achieve our goals. He wants to bulk up, as he tends to be on the leaner side and well I need to trim down. So, I hope to learn as much as I can from your posts and hopefully by june will be where I dream of being....

I'll be honest i still haven't decided between PA or Cappo, after having read some of the threads in this forum I'm aware that there are some politics involved between the 2 organisations. There seems to be alot more events from PA in victoria this year compared to Cappo, but yehh like i said i'm still not sure.
I'd like to compete in my first comp by say june the latest, and then aim for a 500kg total(raw) by no later than October.
Any unbiased opinions on which organisation to join would be greatly appreciated

I'm not unbiased.

I can tell you that I run all CAPO comps in Vic now, as well as ProRaw, so there will be plenty of comps for you to lift in in Vic

You wouldnt do more than 4 a year, I have more than that

I'm not unbiased.

I can tell you that I run all CAPO comps in Vic now, as well as ProRaw, so there will be plenty of comps for you to lift in in Vic

You wouldnt do more than 4 a year, I have more than that

Yehh i was reading some of the threads after my last post, and i realised you run the capo and proraw comps. I'm actually considering entering the proraw ironedge rep challenge. I can do the bench, squat and deads for reps, the 80kg udl i've never done but I'm sure id be able to get a few reps, and with a bit of work i reckon i might be able to get 1 clean and jerk. Do you reckon this would be a good first comp to compete in? Also what time will the event finish? Being easter and all the parents will expect me to be at the family bbq, lol. If you could please pm me some more info it would be greatly appreciated, apparently i cant pm people yet as i havent made 10 post

Yehh i was reading some of the threads after my last post, and i realised you run the capo and proraw comps. I'm actually considering entering the proraw ironedge rep challenge. I can do the bench, squat and deads for reps, the 80kg udl i've never done but I'm sure id be able to get a few reps, and with a bit of work i reckon i might be able to get 1 clean and jerk. Do you reckon this would be a good first comp to compete in? Also what time will the event finish? Being easter and all the parents will expect me to be at the family bbq, lol. If you could please pm me some more info it would be greatly appreciated, apparently i cant pm people yet as i havent made 10 post

Post more lol

I'm Greek too, but I'm not religious, come compete, I'll buy you a souvalaki

Come down to the gym in Frankston and have a chat, best way.

0404 453 542 Markos

Hey

Hi Guys im Danny
29years old
Live in West Sydney
Ive been lifting weights for the past 8months and kickboxing for the same just started MMA and love it.

Im looking to gain more strength and bigger muscles while staying lean so im sure theres help out there for me
Cheers

Post more lol

I'm Greek too, but I'm not religious, come compete, I'll buy you a souvalaki

Come down to the gym in Frankston and have a chat, best way.

0404 453 542 Markos

Hey Markos, im not religious either haha, i just have to make an appearance to keep the folks happy. Anyway ill give you a call sometime over the next couple of days to get some more info, but i'm pretty certain i will compete

Hi guys, seeing as I've been lurking since Sept 2010 I thought I should probably introduce myself and maybe sprinkle a little oestrogen into the threads ;)

Name: Sussy (yes 2 S's, spanish spelling, nothing exotic, just pronounced Susy)
Current weight: 61.5kg
Height: 5ft (Markos calls me a midget, personally I like to refer to myself as 'fun size')
Goal(s) you would like to reach? Weigh in under 60kg by March 27th; BW paused bench; 100kg SQ; 2xBW DL
Goal(s) you already HAVE reached? Down to 61.5kg from 68kg; competed in PTC's novice comp and ProRaw1
Family/pets? Son 7yrs, daughter 4.5yrs, Hubby
Training experience: Started weight training at a local gym at age 20 (where i first met Markos sporting a very fashionable mullet), over the last 20 years I've tried karate, boxing, triathlons, jazz and tap dancing and zumba but still weight training here and there. I then stumbled across Markos again in Feb last year and started training at PTC to lose the residual child bearing weight that has hung around waaay too long. Anyway, competed in my first comp at PTC in Dec 2010, currently training for CAPO Vic comp in March.

:eek: who woulda thought hey?

Catch ya later

Last edited:
Hey Sussy,
Welcome, welcome...I have seem all your pics and vids posted here and your lifting face is just fine, focused. I'm chasing your bench girl, thanks for the inspiration. Be nice to have you round here.

Hey Sussy,
Welcome, welcome...I have seem all your pics and vids posted here and your lifting face is just fine, focused. I'm chasing your bench girl, thanks for the inspiration. Be nice to have you round here.

haha, thanks eje. Even my kids laughed at the pics when I showed them!
Was a bit disappointed with my bench at ProRaw but it's all a learning experience hey? As long as I do a PB at the next comp I'll be happy

Howdy Sussy.

You'd be doing a great service to the forum if you could post a pic of Markos' mullet lol.

Good luck with your training goals!