• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Newbie on the lose

- Name : John
- Training experience (if you have any that is) : Lifting on and off. Have a gym setup at home with Body Solid machine , bench-bars, curl bars, boxing equipt. treadmill, bike.. just bought a new Australian barbell company barbell and love it.
Fav Exercise: Anything to do with triceps
Weight: 82kg - Goal weight 90kg (I'm a skinny Bugger !!)
Listen to techno while working out and love Jacked3D !!
- Any Interests : Lacrosse/Golf/Lifting

Weaknesses: Training by myself.. just lost my weights partner.. He went back to Germany :(

2 Overall Aims
Injury Rehab: Had an impact injury playing Lacrosse 1 1/2 years ago now going through heaps of pysio and dealing with bone spurs on my leg.. hopefully start running and squats soonish .. thank god !
2. Bulk up for sport as I will be the old man on the team amongst 23 year olds.. So I want to hit them hard and drop them like a bag of SHI% !! (Inherent to the sport)

Last edited:
Name Tony
Age 25
Gender Male
Location Newtown, Sydney, Australia
Training experience None.
Any Interests Losing weight, gaining muscle.

Joined up to scan threads, pick brains and share interests with people relative to my goals.

I'd like to shred weight (currently a fatty) and pump iron. Essentially I'd like to look and feel great, and regain the ego I once had.

hello everyone im new here and my name is anthony mills but everyone calls me millzy, i am 16 almost 17, i am a male ofcourse and live in brisbane. i started gym at school arounf september 2008 and wasnt the best but i lost a bit of fat wich was good then arount augest 2009 i signed up to a real gym and started takeing protien, im 6ft2" and am bigger than adverage for my age. like everyone here i want to get bigger not for the ladies not for bragging rites no.. this is my passion and is my pride. i pride my self on gym and always am willing to learn and adapt. ive also been on creatine on and off and L glutamine. i know about my form i spent 1 year getting my form right before i signed up to a gym and started suppliments and doing hard weights and its paid off because my body is even and my abs are even.

Name: Damir Pilipovic
Training Experience: Started training when I was about 12. Was off and and on till 16 at which I started training as a serious pursuit. Trained continuously till the age of 27 and then due to factors that I won't go into stopped training till I was 34..then made a sort of comeback which lasted less than a year at which point I tore my right pec and left tricept while doing a set of bench presses with 200kg. I didn't train again til beg 2008 (age 38) again due to factors I won't go into here and I have trained continuously since then (abeit a pec and tricept tear)

Competition History: I won 1991 WA State Junior 100kg champ as well as Best Lifter.
In 1990 (aged 20) competed with WA state team at the Open Powerlifting Nationals - held in Melbourne was only IPF then (the last year before the bust up) earning a 5th place in the 100kg which was pretty good since I would have been one of the few clean lifters then.
I won 1991 Australian Junior Champs 100kg kg division.(IPF) Remember benching 177.5kg- more than anyone else regardless of weight division. (raw) and was a national record at the time until IPF (Powerlifting Australia) wiped all records following year.
About 1995 competed in an ad hoc bench press competition held over here in sunny Perth ($500) first prize at World Health and Fitness in Balcatta. The two other competitors were Adam Coe and Carl Rego. We all went over 500 pounds raw with Adam ultimately winning with a about a 530 pound bench---(3 of us going over 500 pounds raw is something that woudn't be seen again in a hurry) I'm sure Adam tried to sabotage me before the comp -giving me clembuterol mixed with coffee...lol...had the shakes like you wouldn't believe
In 1996 won 125kg CAPO Open title ...weighted in at 111kg (cause Adam Coe was in the 110kg class)...benched a respectable 227kg missing a national record of 240kg.

Recently competed in the National deadlift comp here in Perth deadlifting 300kg...I was stoked since I did one deadlift session prior ( before that I hadn't deadlifted in years) and the 300 came up easy.

Strengths: Always been very strong. At the moment would have to be my squat. In recent times (before my operation) have squatted 300kg x 3 reps RAW. Very close to that now. (Note: had a hernia operation about 10 months ago).

AIM: Break open and master records in Squat and Deadlift (will have to wait for op on chest and tricep and then we will see about that one):):):)

PS. Yes thats me in the avatar...3 weeks prior to the 1996 CAPO National Powerlifting Champs

Last edited:
Very, very strong guy, welcome big fella, I hope to see you lift in person one day.

Say high to Adam for me

Markos

Name: Marco
Training experience: About 5 years
Any Interests: Heavy weights, powerlifting, muay thai, mma and squats

Hey everyone!!
I started training about 5 years ago, I had no idea what I was doing, but as I learned stuff from experience and reading, my routines got better, so did my diet. I have done the 4 or 5 day splits, upper/lower style splits, and now I am really enjoying strength training. At the moment I'm on one of Mark Rippetoes 3x5 rotoutines, been on it for about 3 months and I have had lots of success. Im also currently a member of Muscle and Strength and Muscle and Brawn.

Since I started training I have put on about 15kg of lean muscle, started at 70kg and around 13-14% and I'm 85kg with a bodyfat of around 12%. I have tried out protein shakes, creatine and glutamine over the years, and my conclusion is; skip the supplements and eat your veggies, meat, carbs, and drink milk.

I have spent the last 3 years at Uni (UTS), first year I studied a bachelor of science in applied physics, then my 2nd and 3rd year I did a bachelor of mechanical engineering. This year I plan to take a year off, have a break from Uni and try something I have been thinking about for a long time, becoming a personal trainer, and hopefully specialize in strength and conditioning eventually. I also do Muay Thai at least a few times a week.

Where it stands my main passions are strength training, training for power and athleticism and muscle building.

Last edited:
Name: Thai
Training experience: 1-2 years
Any Interests: anything that keeps me active

sup everyone. kinda just stumbled across this forum pretty much randomly.
hope to learn alot.

Name: Cheyne
Training experience: New to lifting
Any Interests: Soccer, running, fitness of any kind. Bodyweight exercises.

I'm far from a bodybuilder, but very keen on getting stronger.

Introduction

Hi all,

Just thought I'd say g'day and provide the basics about myself:

- Name - Nathan
- Age - 37
- Gender - M
- Location - Sydney
- Training experience (if you have any that is) - First started in 1995 and went for about 5 years straight. Had a long break and getting back into it now with a view to long-term training.
- Any Interests - Martial arts, my family & dogs, growing my own food.

Look forward to the AUSBB forums.

G'day,

Been reading the forums for a couple of weeks now. Looks like a great place with a lot of helpful people, and quite a few laughs too.

- Name - John
- Age - 38
- Gender - M
- Location - Brisbane
- Training experience (if you have any that is) - Like many it seems, just getting back into it after about 10 years out of the Gym. 3 months ago I cracked 100kg weight and at 172cm in height, it wasn't a good look. Got myself down to 78kg now with 4 weight sessions per week and a fair bit of running and HIIT. Am loving lifting again and looking to get a good setup for my home gym. Worked at the Aust Defence Force PT school a while back so have reasonable knowledge, but still a beginner really.
- Any Interests - Family, anything outdoors, Rugby League.

Welcome to the Ausbb- Australian BodyBuilding Forums, Good to have you all on board. Don't forget to start your own Training Diary. Your Training Diary will help you stay motivated and keep track of your progress. When you train alone sometimes it is hard to get help, guidance, inspirtation and motivation which is where the Ausbb forums and the Ausbb Training Diaries will help you with finding others with similar stats and allow you to interact with each other.

* Click here to start your own training log (don't forget to put a link in your signature to your training diary).
* Once you have started your Training diary click here to add it to the lists (order by weight and order by age) this helps other guys find your log.

Keep in mind that it's always better to post whatever question that you might have in one of the related categories

Name Dice
Training experience (if you have any that is)
Started getting a little bit more serious last year and bought a York Powerstation (half cage with lat pulldown / seated row). The first structured plan I followed was stronglift 5x5 which was a great introduction. It got boring after a while (by the time I reached 90KG squat). I then worked at higher sets for the main compound exercises based on Marko's beginners workout. At the moment I'm mixing things up and following different forms of basic training programs but sticking as exclusively with compound exercises as possible. I only workout at home. Have only been to the gym once in the last few years (during Christmas when I was on holiday away from home).

Personal records / current work sets:
SQ 110KG (3x10)
Bench 77KG (1x5) / 67KG 3x10)
OHP 40-45KG 2-4 sets of 5
DL 90KG mainly sets of 5

Any Interests

It would also be a good idea to say why you joined Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding
Information is power, right?

Do you have any goals in mind?
My first goal was 1x BW in squat, then 1.5x BW which I have now exceeded. The next goal is 2xBW squat which is 140KG. I also am working a bit harder on my deadlift since I can't deadlift as much weight as my squat :eek:

- Name-Darren
- Age-24
- Gender-Male
- Location- Out West
- Training experience (if you have any that is) Zilch
- Any Interests-Plenty

It would also be a good idea to say why you joined Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding To learn as much as i can.

Do you have any goals in mind? My goal is to put on some weight. I'm 182cm and 70kgs would like to be around 80-85kgs.

Name: David
Training experience (if you have any that is): Started since end of May 2010.

Personal records / current work sets:
SQ 110kg
Bench 67.5kg
OHP 45kg
DL 100kg

Any Interests:
Sport Soccer (Chelsea FC) AFL (Collingwood)
Tech gadgets

It would also be a good idea to say why you joined Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding:
So many ppl that can help me, great information about products

Do you have any goals in mind?
Plenty. Bench 100kg, Squat 140kg, Deadlift 150kg by end of 2011.
Work up to 80-85kg lean (currently 178cm,71kg at 12.9% BF )

Great for 16 Dave. If there is one bit of advice I can give you (sort of a time warp for me 10 years ago) is to remain consistent and the worlds your oyster!

Name: Neil
Gym: Southshore Fitness and Lifestyle and Southern Crossfit
Training Experience: 5 years of poxy work outs from glossy mags getting mixed results. Starting like a noob from this year.

Joined AusBB as I searched many a body building forum and found this suited my interests best. Loving the PTC beginners workout and thats what I was looking for on the forums.

Goals for 2011:
Bench 100kg, Squat 140kg, Deadlift 180kg, Get six pack abs, enter body building competition.

I've posted a training log which I will update at least monthly. I've been good at making the crossfit classes, I have to ride my bike everywhere so thats helping with the fitness and toning, making the pilates classes too but I'm stuggling to make the gym for the weights session. Has to be at 6AM on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and with no spot I'm finding it hard. Tomorrow will be the first time this week. Got to get used to the routine.

Hoping to make a life of being fit, strong and ripped. Hoping AusBB will help me get there.

Welcome to all you newer members.

This site is growing at an alarming rate, thats a great tick to the Admin and quality of the website.

David, Neil Darren etc, great goals