• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Thanks for the welcome

Name: Jeff
Training experience: 17 years 10 bodybuilding shows, former personal trainer

Married with a teenage daughter and just finished a bodybuilding competition this past weekend and finished 1st open heavy and Overall Open champion:)

Best Lifts
Bench:505
Squats:625
I hate Deadlifts

Interest; Fishing and bodybuilding

Last edited:
name: Joe
Training experience: 2 years on and off weightlifting for rehab
Interests: Rugby, Basketball, lifting things

Hello! I guess i joined this forum because I want to progress further with weightlifting/bodybuilding. I've done two years worth of rehab due to multiple injuries/surgery, and am looking to get more serious with the lifting.

Best Lifts:
Bench - 75kg
Squat - 80kg
Deadlift - 95kg
Military Press - 30kg
Bodyweight- 67kg

name: Joe
Training experience: 2 years on and off weightlifting for rehab
Interests: Rugby, Basketball, lifting things

Hello! I guess i joined this forum because I want to progress further with weightlifting/bodybuilding. I've done two years worth of rehab due to multiple injuries/surgery, and am looking to get more serious with the lifting.

Best Lifts:
Bench - 75kg
Squat - 80kg
Deadlift - 95kg
Military Press - 30kg
Bodyweight- 67kg

Welcome Joe :].
What injuries and surgery have you had? Only being 16, must have been frustrating.

Name Alec

age 62

gender male

location melbourne

occupation retired

training experiance started training with weights 1960 plus martial arts different sorts ,

interests movies, traveling, weight training, dog training with my german shepherd, grandchildren , music

Welcome Joe :].
What injuries and surgery have you had? Only being 16, must have been frustrating.

hey, thanks for the welcome!

the first one was a torn ab wall during a 400m 2years ago which needed surgery, and thats been bothering me for ages. Then, 10 months ago, i broke my leg, and 2 weeks after that healed it broke again, needing surgery. It does suck, but the rehab process has taught me so much about how the body works!

i see theres a rehab thread, maybe i'll go post there!

Ohjoshua jumps the ditch

- Name, Josh
- Age, 25
- Gender, M
- Location, Brisbane ( 2weeks) Nz (now)
- Training experience, 4 years
- Job, Personal trainer/sup business (now) Nothing (2 weeks)

I have been posting on nz bodybuilding and have a training journal which lasts for about three years. I enjoy getting feedback online.

I have done bodybuilding training but for the last couple of years have been more interested in strength.

Keen to know what are good powerlifting gyms in brisbane?

Cheers,

Josh

Name, Mick
- Age, 24
- Gender, M
- Location, Brisbane moved from cairns 2 months ago
- Training experience, 77 years on and off 3 years serious
- Job, sparky

Interests. all forms of lifting, mostly do bodybuilding, never really trained for 1rm but am keen to get into that sort of stuff. big fan of oly lifting, will be joining a club soon.

mick

Hi friends!

Name - Jamie
Age - 24
Location - Melbourne
Occupation - Student

Been on and off at the gym for about 1.5 years now but looking to get serious!

Hi All,

Moving to Perth in the next few months and have been living in KL for the last 5 years.

Age - 38
Height - 6'1"
Weight - 108kg

Best Lifts
BB Bench Press - 130kg x 3
Squat - 147.5kg x 3
Deadlift - 177.5kg x 3
Military Press - 82.5kg x 3

I'm currently trying to drop some BF and then will be back to working on those numbers.

Name: Ben
Training experience: Triathlons many years ago, non serious weight training the past couple of years.

Looking to start a consistent strength program but first need to learn 'optimal/proper' deadlift technique.

Joined because it’s such a great varied wealth of people and information.

Het there

Hello everyone

Just a quick intro,Ive been weight training now for approx 4 years
only just decided to get really serious again.

Im 38 years old and am addicted to weight training my Diet
i have seems to be working okay at the moment,ive gone from
Max ot style training to lifting with more reps now

Regards Rob

Hello

Rob

Age 38

Training approx 4 years just started to get serious again
Been training MAX OT style have just started to increase the
Rep range

Im from Melbourne

Regards Rob

- Name - Jon
- Age - 28
- Gender - Male
- Location - sydney
- Training experience - with purely weights about 1 year.

Hey guys.. i'm a fairly noob trainee.

Current maxes @
SQ: 155kg
OHP: 75kg
Bench: 112.5kg

Thinking about quitting my pricey gym $50 a fortnight and just investing in weights and a rack for my garage...