• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
- Name: Steve
- Training experience (if you have any that is): 5-6 months

Thought I'd sign up because I've grown a huge interest in the sport of bodybuilding and weigh lifting to pick the brains and follow progress of other Aussies.

Hi All,

Moving to Perth in the next few months and have been living in KL for the last 5 years.

welcome all!

yo yard ape, when you're here be sure to check out Muscle Pit, it's a great powerlifting gym if you're into that, great people down there.

my parents are from KL too, going there end of this year actually!

G'day people.

30yrs old, been training on and off since 1995, resistance & endurance (rowing).
First took creatine back in 1996 - $50 for 100grams!!!! and never looked back.
How times change.

- Name: kanthan
- Training experience (if you have any that is) - No training experience
- Any Interests: Would love to get back into Athletics..mainly short distance sprinting.

I joined here as its an active forum, and i can learn a bit. Really looking forward to start strength training.

Hey Everyone

Hi my name is Andy...
Just thought i would introduce myself... I have been looking around the forum for about 2-3 weeks now i think and am finding some very useful information...

I am a 25 year old male and just started training. I am currently about 95kg's at 6 foot. Ideally i would like to be about 85-90kg's with defined muscles but without the gut... :)

My diet is no where near perfect but i don't eat shit if you know what i mean... I am a massive fan of chicken and would eat it 5 times a day if i could. A good diet is a bit hard for me to follow with work but I at least eat majority healthy foods.

I have ordered some protein powder to help with recovery and am looking into some l-carnitine to help with a bit of fat loss. I take multi- vitamins daily also. I am open to ideas on anything extra i should be taking (cod liver, Fish oil, EAA's, BCAA's all that kind of stuff)

I train 4 times a week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday) and might do a bit of cardio on the in between days. I mix my Days around so im not training the same muscle group same day week in week out...

I hope to gain some Knowledge from these forums and one day hope to be in your position giving the knowledge back to people like me in the future.

Andy

--Name: Jason
--Training Experience: 1 Year
--Interests: Muay Thai, Jiu-Jitsu, MMA, Wrestling (you get the idea!),
Hanging out, WORKING OUT, good nutrition (the usual).

--Name: Jason
--Training Experience: 1 Year
--Interests: Muay Thai, Jiu-Jitsu, MMA, Wrestling (you get the idea!),
Hanging out, WORKING OUT, good nutrition (the usual).

Watch out guys he is a Commie, he's got Russian writing in his sig.

Welcome mate you could learn a lot of stuff on hear that I wish I knew when I was your age.

Watch out guys he is a Commie, he's got Russian writing in his sig.

Welcome mate you could learn a lot of stuff on hear that I wish I knew when I was your age.

Commie Mate, I don't even let my girlfriend touch my food!! :p

Thanks Mate, once I save enough money and get my gear, I'm gunna let loose.
I plan to be around 85kg with a 6-7% bf. Only 12kg to gain and 3-4%bf to lose

LET THE WORK BEGIN!!

6-7% is not a normal walk around body fat %, pretty hard to maintain that low level for most people. 10% may be a better option in the long run, just eat up and get on a beginners program (there are a few choices here) and lift hard and consistent. By the time you are 18 you will be one strong little mo fo if you have the discipline, you will most likely be huge too if you eat enough food.

- Name Jonathan
- Age 27
- Gender Male
- Location Gold Coast
- Training experience Some
- Any Interests - Plenty

Hi my name is Jonathan and I have a story to tell. If you dont care or dont have the time, skip to the next post, but this is an introduction thread so Im gonna give some intro and background into me.

From Puberty onwards I was a solid kid, done more sports than I could possibly list, but with italian heritage, and various other issues, eating habits always got the best of me, and my weight got bigger and bigger. In final year of school I was aerobically fit, but chubby, I was captain of my basketball team, captain and goalkeeper of my hockey team, and 95kg at 6foot tall. I was the fastest in the pool over 25m, however got beat on any real distance. I dabbled a bit in resitance training, and there wasnt anyone in the school that could take me down one on the rugby field.

I seemed destined to be a big chubby bloke, then the year after I graduated, I was in a pretty horrific car accident. Had a few years without any sport, and the weight started piling on and the fitness faded. hit 120kgs, but managed to bring that back to 110kg, with pretty much just resistance training. But after several ops on my shoulder as a result of my car accident, my resitance training got curbed again, and the weight piled back on.
I took to cycling and never looked back, fell in love with it, got pretty fit again, but was never able to get back under 120kg, then over the next few years i got fitter and fitter aerobically, but heavier and heavier, til last christmas i hit rock bottom at 128kg, and was a pillar of unhealth. Plagued with joint problems, gout, abdominal problems, respiratory problems, sleep apnoea. I think i can remember 2 months of 2009 where i wasnt too sick to train. So i decided this was a downhill path and decided to do something about it.

I ended up getting surgery on my stomach, called Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy, which kinda has similar affect to lap banding, basically my stomach volume is about 250mL. I had that done in Feb this year, and to date I have lost 40kg, I went from 42% body fat (according to crappy big W fat scales), down to about 20% before the scales stopped working. i dont know what % im at now, but im guessing around 17-18%, Im now at 88kg and feeling amazing, I have mostly done cardio, between mountainbiking, roadbiking, and stationary cycle classes (Les Mills' RPM) I can now cycle for about 2 hours nonstop at 95% heartrate.

Im incredibly happy with my progress, but now i want to start doing some real strength work, not particularly looking to become a serious lifter, or a BB, but have read some great info here and keen to learn more. Moving into a new house in 4 weeks, and will be ordering a power rack package with oly bar, FID bench and plenty of plates, and will be looking at starting from scratch as far as squats, benches, deadlifts, cleans, military presses, dips and wide grip pullups. Im looking to keep my routines simple, with good overall body workouts, not going to do silly things like 12 different variations on a curl, and I am not setting myself unrealistic goals like HUGE GYNORMOUS BICEPS, or benching 200kg.

My goals are just to get, better, fitter, stronger. Ive never been able to do a single unassisted chinup, so that would be a minor goal of mine, currently for resistance training, I am doing the "100 pushups" program, however just doing knee pushups, and will restart the program with real pushups shortly while waiting for my move and new home gym. I currently do about 70 pushups split into 5 sets, and have some crappy kmart weights that ive been curling with. I understand nutrition is one of the key factors here, and although Ive studied nutrition for years while trying to lose weight, ive got a lot to learn when it comes to growth. So I will do lots of reading, reading and more reading, currently a quater way through Starting Strength, and have been reading a lot of Fadi's and other great posts with great interest.

So thats my incredibly long winded intro, hope to learn so much from you all.
Jonathan

- Name Jimmy
- Age 22
- Gender Male
- Location Sydney
- Training experience Some
- Any Interests - sports, reading...ect

Well, i stopped lifting since Oct last year, starting to lift againt. Probably start 'starting strength' 3 days a week. My gold is adding mass and strength.

- Name Daniel
- Age 24
- Gender Male
- Location Canberra
- Training experience 2 years
- Any Interests - Snowboarding, Surfboats, Lifting

Hi everyone,

Have been lifting consistently for about 2 years following the typical BB program, in the last couple of months have been converted to more of a powerlifting style of training thanks to this forum, currently on week 9 of PTC's PPP program going for a 160kg Squat, 120kg Bench and 180kg Deadlift, no missed lifts yet.

Wish i found this site 2 years ago, heaps of great information.

Cheers,

Daniel.

Name - Lawrence
Age - 20
Gender - bloke
Location - Brisbane
Training experience - Nil
Any Interests - mad keen fisherman, cricket, basketball, 4wding, drinking stubbies.

joined ausbb to learn more about working out.

-age 21
-gender-male
-location-sydney
-training- little

Hi everyone, i'm pretty scrawny and looking at training to gain more muscle mass but i havnt been following a disciplined program and haven't seen many gains. Im hoping this site can help me out by equipping me with the information i need.

Im looking to invest in a home gym as well, and this site has provided me with a plethora of information on home equipment.

Hi Folks,

Name: Daniel
Interests: Horse Racing

I stumbled across AusBB whilst looking for info on good quality Olympic barbells. I joined so I could continue reading the posts. I have a pretty complete home gym where I train for general fitness.

Anyhow, I'll see you all in the forums.

Name: James

Training Experiences: I have been training freeweights for general strength training since i was about 15, mostly to help with Karate. However these days i spend most of my time at a desk so im just trying to cut down a bit.

Interests: Motorcycle racing

Current Weight:
97kg @ approx 18% BF

Height: 175cm

Goals: Would like to finish cutting down to around 85kg, but im hoping not to lose too much muscle mass, so far its not going to badly.

Progress: Started at 105kg and 28%BF approximately 3 months ago

Joined this community because its good to have access to people with similar interests and goals. There seems to be a great depth of knowledge on this site so it should be good to learn from.

Mick - Name
31 - Age
M - Gender
Central Coast - Location
Few years on and off weights and cardio. Last 6-9 months consistant weights traing with some results.- Training experience (if you have any that is)
Boxing, Rugby Leage- Any Interests

My program I am using is the beginers program 3x8 Squat, Bench, Dead, Bent Over Row and Shoulder Press.

My diet I have been using during the week at least is

Breakfast, 2 Eggs with Weat bix and Blueberries.
Morning Tea, Orange
Lunch, Bread, Pasta or Rice with meat and veges
Afternnon Tea, Banana
Dinner Meat with pasta, Potato or rice and veges

Any help would be great.

Really looking for as much help as possible but have little time to research.