• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
name: albert
training experience: 1 years, stopped about a year ago.
interests: programming

looking at buying a decent power rack, a bench and a bar and some weights to get me back into it at home. looking forward to learning from you guys.

Welcome to the Ausbb- Australian BodyBuilding Forums, Don't forget to start your own Training Diary. Your Training Diary will help you stay motivated and keep track of your progress. When you train alone sometimes it is hard to get help, guidance, inspirtation and motivation which is where the Ausbb forums and the Ausbb Training Diaries will help you with finding others with similar stats and allow you to interact with each other.

* Click here to start your own training log (don't forget to put a link in your signature to your training diary).
* Once you have started your Training diary click here to add it to the lists (order by weight and order by age) this helps other guys find your log.

Keep in mind that it's always better to post whatever question that you might have in one of the related categories

NAME: Ryan

TRAINING EXPERIENCE: Trained consistently for about three years at home, gym as well as PTC. About 6 months ago I took a break from training all together while my dog was still a pup. Getting back into training and am in the process of setting up a gym at home (power rack ordered through gymdirect). Will also likely head back to PTC once I get a bit of size/strength back.

OTHER INTERESTS: My dog, cars, bikes etc etc

Last edited:
Ryan you lazy f u c k, come back, or at least take Fat Dave back lol

Fellas, this is the guy who introduced Fat Dave to PTC.

Ryan was an excellent lifter before he joined the Seventh Day Inventors lol

He totalled 622.5kg at a PTC comp a while ago

He also finished 7th in a Strongman comp

36.jpg

41.jpg

52.jpg

64.jpg

77.jpg

65.jpg

73.jpg

14.jpg

39.jpg

59.jpg

66.jpg

105.jpg

167.jpg

45.jpg

61.jpg

78.jpg

117.jpg

117.jpg

19.jpg

32.jpg

Ryan is missed at PTC, as you can see, I have more pics of him than his mum lol

Hurry back Ryan

Gee thanks for that Markos, one picture probably would have been enough lol

And yes, I'm the one to blame for introducing Fat Dave to PTC :D

- Name - James
- Age - 23
- Gender - Male
- Height - 186
- Weight - 85kg
- Location - Perth
- Training experience - 18 months at typical commercial gym wasting my time, 2 months at Muscle Pit.
- Any Interests - Cars, bikes, tech

- Name - James
- Age - 23
- Gender - Male
- Height - 186
- Weight - 85kg
- Location - Perth
- Training experience - 18 months at typical commercial gym wasting my time, 2 months at Muscle Pit.
- Any Interests - Cars, bikes, tech

Welcome mate!

[YOUTUBE]BotrgjYl-gA[/YOUTUBE]
^Tall and skinny white guy deadlifting 145kg after 2 months!

We've been training together since we joined up, imho he's been doing very well. Keep it up!

I was going to post them all, but I decided not to lol

When are you coming back Ryan?

I definitely want to get down there before this year's out, but I need to start training (and eating) first. I only weigh as much as one of Dave's thighs at the moment :D

The power rack (same one as yours) should arrive tomorrow.

Hey guys, finally got a bit of time to post something up since I signed up.

- Name - Marshall
- Age - 18
- Gender - Male
- Location - Melbourne
- Work - student (VCE Yr 12)
- Training experience - Have been training for two years now, am a qualified pt but haven't started training anyone, wanting to compete in bodybuilding next year (need big time guidance). Been going to school gym mostly
- weight/height - 68 kg, 5"8

Hi,

Thought it time to sign up and introduce myself.

Name Mick

Age 40

Gender M

Location Adelaide

Training experience
Was pretty dedicated up until late 20's then stopped lifting. Started up again about 18 Months ago as I decided it was time to make a change. Goal was to lose weight, so far about 30kgs, down to under 110Kgs at 6'3" Still some to go.
Any Interests

Watching Motor Sport (mostly F1), and of late cooking. (only healthy food of course ;))

Goals, are to lose a few more Kgs, lift more with the hope of doing a 225 kgs deadlift within 6 months (currently 185Kgs) and 180 kgs Bench press (currently can do 130 kgs for 6 reps on incline)

Joined up as this seems to be a good community with plenty of good advice to help me out, and keep me motiviated.

Welcome Mick!

We need more Michael's round here, not nearly enough... And another 40YO lifter will help balance out the board as well.

You're a big unit aren't you, and some nice numbers there too.

Cheers,
Mike

Hey guys,

As requested:

Name - Mark
Age - 39
Gender - Female, wait WHAT... who said that??? No I'm MALE :D
Location - NSW
Training experience - Approaching my 5th year, mainly focused on strength
Any Interests - Plenty

Nuff said for now, going to have a look around... :D

Name: Seumas
Training: Was active in martial arts for 12 years, took a Cert III in Fitness, but haven't trained much for last 3 years or so. Taking things more seriously now and trying to put on some mass and gain some strength, thought I'd join in the fun at Ausbb.

Hi newbie here and Im a brit

Hi all

Name - Neil (Rottee cause Im mad about rottweilers and own and show 4 also have a litter of pups at the min).
Age - 32
Gender - Male
Location - West Midlands UK
Training experience - Ive been doing sports alot of my life got into bodybuilding just under 2 yrs ago and went from 9.12stone to just over 13.6stone
Any Interests - As I said rottweilers. At the moment Im studing and will hopefully qualify in december as a personal trainer Im looking to go on to study sports NLP.

Im interested to find out about the bodybuilding world in Oz as want to find out if Id be able to move out there in the future.

- Name: Daniel
- Training experience: I have been training since 18 on and off again, mostly on tho.. And my long term goal is to weigh 85kgs, it may be unrealistic for my body frame, but you never know.. Im currently around 70-71kgs, up from 62kgs at the start of the year, been around 58-62 for about 2 years..

My best lifts are:
Squat: 95kg x 15 (just finishing up the 20 rep squat program, so not sure what the max will be)
Bench: 90kg x 1
Deadlift: 180kg x 1
Military press: 75kg x 1
Bodyweight: 70kgs

Interests: Lifting heavy things, fishing, TF2

Rowdy made me join, but looks like there is a lot to be learned from this site :)

Goals: Look good, lift heavy.. I want to pull off 200kg dead lift, squat 120 and bench 100kgs, and weigh 85 (probably never happen lol)

Hi Guys

- Name - Ian
- Age - 29
- Gender - M
- Location - Adelaide
- Training experience (if you have any that is) - Training on and off for 12 years, last few getting more serious.

My best lifts are:
Squat: 105kg (just finishing up the 20 rep squat program, so not sure what the max will be)
Bench: 90kg
Deadlift: 150kg (Been doing still legged Deads so probably more for normal deadlifts)
Military press: 60kg
Bodyweight: 88kgs

- Any Interests - Cars (Rotaries), training, girls :)

Rowdy also made me join, but looks like there is a lot to be learned from this site :)

- Goals - Currently trying to lose some weight (ideally would like to be high 70s) Look good and get stronger.