• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
^ Was thinking that.

a> 'Her' avi is like something taken from an advertisement for stationery or a womans hygiene product

b> Florida, NY... really? :rolleyes:

howdy. 30 y.o from melbourne. Just been a casual lurker until now.. Been training for about 10 years with a few stumbles along the way. Have a full home gym setup, with dumbbells, power rack, oly weights, bench, rings etc etc. Looking to get a proper pullup station going outdoors too for some 'street calisthenics'.

Hi all,
42yo Male from Melbourne, ~83kg BW.
Been lifting for about a year, with some general (easy!) weights work in the 2 years before that. Before that - nothing! (played inline hockey in my early 20's)
I do participate in sprint triathlons, and found the strength training awesome before last season (beat my previous times by a fair bit, with little cardio training).
It has been a slow progression with weights, but having a great time. Aiming for 200% BW deadlift in the next month or two. Squats are lagging behind a little, but will get there eventually.
Been lurking for a while, I thought I had better start posting.

Thanks White Lie! :)

I am 38 (almost 39), 83kg at 5'9. Been lifting since I was 17 and am in for life. Fucked my back badly (ruptured L5/S1) in 2008 and had a microdisectomy in 2009. Fine until about 18 months ago when my back / leg started troubling me all the time. Figured the disc was near gone... had MRI after MRI, a nerve block, stopped training (bad move), did pilates, went to a chiro, a physio a rheumatologist and consulted with multiple neurosurgons. Then I started reading how emotional issues can manifest themselves as pain in the body (somatic pain) and gradually the pain started to dissipate. It also helped that I learned from a recent MRI that (according to a radiologist) my present scans were no different from those taken in 2011. This led me to believe that perhaps I had developed a type of central sensitisation (google it).

So, here I am, almost 39 and about to exit my second serious relationship ever (I was married from 27 to 35 but with the same girl since I was 18). I am commencing a new career next year as a firefighter provided I smash a 9.6 beep and a 5km run.