• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Thanks for the welcome guys! :)
I'll try to contribute and not lurk too much.. Will join in the transformation comp if it's not too late.

Hi all,

My name is Ken and I'm a 33 year old male.

Seems like only yesterday I was in the last year or so of high school, just getting into the gym, reading and rereading the three copies of Flex Magazine a friend gave me, finding exercise and diet information on this new thing called the world wide web and writing my own exercise programs. That was the late '90s-- how time flies!

I trained pretty consistently through College, where I studied to be a teacher, and got up to 75kg at sub 10% body fat, at a height of about 5'7". Not world-beating, but I like to think I looked like I lifted :)

After I graduated and got a job, though, consistency and intensity took a hit. I'm happily married, and my wife likes to keep fit, too, so that is all good!

I'm after a career change soon, so I'm going to be studying part-time this year with a view to entering the fitness industry. Should have done it a decade ago instead of the teaching degree!

I joined Ausbb to get information on training and nutrition, meet (in a virtual sense) like-minded people, and find out people's opinions on various pieces of gym equipment.

Previously, I've joined gyms but memberships are expensive in Mackay, where I’ve been for a year, so I've taken the plunge and bought some of my own equipment. Figured I could put the money I'd spend on a gym membership into owning my own equipment. While it's a greater outlay initially, it's a one-off cost and then it's mine. My wife, however, doesn't always see eye-to-eye with me on this one :)

My main goal is to surpass my previous heaviest of 75kg. I'd love to get to a lean 80kg. WHEN I do that, I'll reassess :)

Anyway, sorry for the rambling, but it's nice to be a here and I look forward to the journey ahead.

Regards,

K-Tock

Welcome @K-Tock; Welcome to Ausbb

Admin here but please call me Graeme

I would like to welcome you to the Ausbb- Australian BodyBuilding Forums, Good to have you all on board. Don't forget to start your own Training Diary. Your Training Diary will help you stay motivated and keep track of your progress. When you train alone sometimes it is hard to get help, guidance, inspirtation and motivation which is where the Ausbb forums and the Ausbb Training Diaries will help you with finding others with similar stats and allow you to interact with each other.

* Click here to start your own training log (don't forget to put a link in your signature to your training diary).
* Once you have started your Training diary click here to add it to the lists (order by weight and order by age) this helps other guys find your log

Welcome @K-Tock; Welcome to Ausbb

Admin here but please call me Graeme

I would like to welcome you to the Ausbb- Australian BodyBuilding Forums, Good to have you all on board. Don't forget to start your own Training Diary. Your Training Diary will help you stay motivated and keep track of your progress. When you train alone sometimes it is hard to get help, guidance, inspirtation and motivation which is where the Ausbb forums and the Ausbb Training Diaries will help you with finding others with similar stats and allow you to interact with each other.

* Click here to start your own training log (don't forget to put a link in your signature to your training diary).
* Once you have started your Training diary click here to add it to the lists (order by weight and order by age) this helps other guys find your log

Current Weight: Steady 95kg

Height: 180ish?

Sports/Hobbies: MX, the daily gym routine, live music and skating.

3rd year Fitter and Turner Apprentice

Goals:
-Gain knowledge and wisdom within body building scene
-Obtain a qualification or 2 within the fitness industry down the track
-Clean 100kg

Hope to gain knowledge from some of the veterans of the scene!

Current Weight: Steady 95kg

Height: 180ish?

Sports/Hobbies: MX, the daily gym routine, live music and skating.

3rd year Fitter and Turner Apprentice

Goals:
-Gain knowledge and wisdom within body building scene
-Obtain a qualification or 2 within the fitness industry down the track
-Clean 100kg

Hope to gain knowledge from some of the veterans of the scene!

Welcome :)

- Name: Timmy
- Training experience (if you have any that is):
Sporadic training since 2009, trying out 5/3/1 since mid 2012
- Any Interests: PC Gaming, dogs

Just graduated from uni and now I have the time to do some serious thought into training.

Looking to gain some strength. Also interested in trying out olympic weight lifting just to learn something new. Looking for a place to learn or get coaching.

Actually found this board when researching for equipment to buy for a home gym.

Weighing around 82.5kg.
Squat 1RM 155kg
Dead 1RM 180kg
Bench 1RM 100kg

Hi All, looking forward to being involved!

- Name: Scott
- Training experience: Been Training for about a year now fairly seriously. Before that I played a bit of rugby
- Any Interests: Yep, powerlifting! :)
- Goals: Increase my currents lifts, especially bench which are about S-260, B-150, D-255

Last edited:
Hi All, looking forward to being involved!

- Name: Scott
- Training experience: Been Training for about a year now fairly seriously. Before that I played a bit of rugby
- Any Interests: Yep, powerlifting! :)
- Goals: Increase my currents lifts, especially bench which are about S-260, B-150, D-255

Welcome to the forum bud.

Hi from Sydney

Hi all,

Looking forward to joining the conversations.

- Name: Alex
- Training experience: 6 months properly, a few years on and off messing about.
- Goals: Get in to proportion, lifts are out, S140kg, B115kg, DL155kg.

Hi all,

Looking forward to joining the conversations.

- Name: Alex
- Training experience: 6 months properly, a few years on and off messing about.
- Goals: Get in to proportion, lifts are out, S140kg, B115kg, DL155kg.

Welcome Alex :)

Hi all,

- Name: Peter
- Training experience: 5 years or so
- Goals: get decently lean, then build strength back up

Been keeping a training log on another site for a while but thought I'd start logging here as well as I've been lurking for a while.

Hi all,

- Name: Peter
- Training experience: 5 years or so
- Goals: get decently lean, then build strength back up

Been keeping a training log on another site for a while but thought I'd start logging here as well as I've been lurking for a while.

Welcome Peter :)

New here

Hey all. Thought a quick intro would be on order :)

- Name Grant
- Age 32
- Gender Male
- Location Toowoomba, QLD
- Training experience been lifting weights on and off for the past few years
- Any Interests PC gaming, landscaping, beach

I wish to bulk and become the biggest bloke where I work

Look forward to checking out the forum and chatting to members here.