• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
G'day everyone, I'm Nathan.

Rather than a long winded intro, here's a bit little snapshot of my life pumping iron and generall fitness...

I started lifting weights in my early 20's. I made good strength gains almost immediately and become hooked from there on. In 2001 I competed in ANB NSW State Titles and then the Australian Titles a couple of weeks later.

At my strongest, around 2006, I could do 30 strict chin ups, Bench Press 180kg for 2 reps, Squat 215kg for 2 rll think back to those days where I use to bench 100kg for 20 reps as a warm up. When I first started, I use to dream of benching 100kg and envy anyone that could..

Then life and work got in the way and I stopped going to the gym with any regularity.
A few years later, I bent to pick something up and I fully ruptured my L4/L5. 10 months in bed whacked out on Valium and Morphine stuffed me around physically and mentally. Then, Following a long over due spinal operation, I went from barely being able to walk to the letterbox, to walking 1.5km the day after being discharged from hospital.

By the 8th week, I was walking up to 60km per week. And then, as my luck would have it, my L4/L5 took an even bigger dump as I sat down one morning. Back on the drugs for another 2 months before my 2nd OP and, 18months later, I finally have the confidence to begin exercising with more regularity, purpose and motivation.

The time has now come to transform this body of mine that has become restless, sluggish and weak though long periods of inactivity and over-exposure to some seriously mind numbing medications.

I will spend very little time in the gym - some habits are hard to break and the temptation to lift heavy again is still roaring inside of me - I've already tried. For now, it will be a mix of high intensity cardio, calesthetics, kettle bells and some free weights. And from what I've seen around the traps, a bloody impressive physique can be carved out doing just that, so lets see what I can whittle out of my blank canvas...

Thanks in advance for the warm wishes.

See you round.
Welcome Guzzla :)

Broady - Introduction

Hey Guys, Just thought I would introduce myself:-

Name: Broady

Occupation
: Technical Account Manager - Construction Materials
Training Experiences: Trained from the age of 14 until 27, reasonable physique but had a tendancy to overtrain and struggled to gain weight until I tried the "breakfast of champions". Went from 10.5 Stone to 14 stone in 18 months!

Training then took a back seat to career (to enable move to Oz) and family for a few years. Moved to Australia just over 3 years ago and again career commitments inhibited training! Now aged 35, 'tis time to go at it - and hard! got years to catch up on!

Any Interests: Rugby League!!! And of course Body Building! Looking to establish friends and contacts in the community here in Australia.

Hi guys, another fattie comes in from the cold.

I'm Mark, close friends call me tin, (high school nickname after the comic character - dont ask. It's dumb I know )

Trained from 14 - 17 then hit some big speed bumps along the way.
Fast forward in time, various jobs (mostly construction) and I've started a family and work in I.T.
Pushing a keyboard now, went from 70 odd kilos to 95, decided enough was enough. Now I'm committed to paying my tribute to our diggers of the past on the Kokoda Track - and have given up all sugary fat comfort foods.

Currently working through light cardio exercises and light freeweight routines to build up lactic acid tolerance (or whatever it is called now) and basically trying to lose the middle tyre and get back on the horse.

Walking has played a big part in initial training (Kokoda is 12 months away) and completed first flat ground test walk from Sunnybank to Brisbane City in 3hrs 7 minutes and 15 seconds.

Keen to learn how to do things right, to eat right, to live healthy and live happy. I have a goal of my kids growing up remembering their father as a fit, powerful happy role model.

Gave up smoking after seven years, hardest thing I've ever done.
I build computers for fun, wage war in online games, play paintball when the minister for finance and spare time will let me (wife).

Also mad for badminton (good reflexes, cardio, general high speed intense game despite its dubious name and rep).

Cant think of anything else at the moment. Basically here to learn and meet new people and be inspired by them.

Welcome to the forum

Admin here but please call me Graeme

I would like to welcome you to the Ausbb- Australian BodyBuilding Forums, Good to have you all on board. Don't forget to start your own Training Diary. Your Training Diary will help you stay motivated and keep track of your progress. When you train alone sometimes it is hard to get help, guidance, inspirtation and motivation which is where the Ausbb forums and the Ausbb Training Diaries will help you with finding others with similar stats and allow you to interact with each other.

* Click here to start your own training log (don't forget to put a link in your signature to your training diary).
* Once you have started your Training diary click here to add it to the lists (order by weight and order by age) this helps other guys find your log.

welcome tintin

keen to hear your progress towards kokoda ,

you have ministers for finance and free time , I just have a home office and war council LOL

Andy Newbie

Im just starting out on this 12-week eating/gym plan to gain 3-4kg of muscle and to firm up my core. At the moment there is a bit of fat down there, even though im only 72kg so i want to shrink that and define it so it feels slimmer and looks better. At the moment im currently taking Creatine Mono 30min before my workout and Horleys Crossfire 2-3 times a day to achieve my goal.

Im trying to eat 2500 calories a day to gain weight aswell which im struggling with a little. Typically im getting to around 2000 calories but over time i know i will crack 2500 more concistently.

At the gym im not lifting heavy weights as im only a wee-fella lol but im doing the absolute max i can ( for instance, DB press on swissball, maybe 15-20kg .. weak, i know! ).

Anyways, thats me! Always open to hearing from anyone with good advice on how i can improve so, get at me!

Stats:
Age - 26
Weight - 72kg
Height - 6ft

Current eating plan:
730am - cup of museli with mixed fruit and nuts
10am - two wholemeal slices of bread toasted with avocado
12pm - Chicken salad ( one chicken breast ) and a piece of fruit or two wholemeal slices of bread with salad and ham and a piece of fruit
1pm - Protein shake followed by creatine shake
2pm - workout at the gym for an hour ( Arms monday, back tuesday, shoulders wednesday, thursday chest/core, friday mix but only if i have time to get to the gym - legs are a no go at the moment due to injury )
3pm - Protein shake and a handful of mixed nuts and fruit
430pm - Wholemeal sandwich containing whatever salads/meat i have at home
6pm - meals are either mince wraps with salad or 2 chicken breasts with vege's or beef/chicken stir fry
9pm - Protein shake before bed

Welcome aboard, Andy100.

Be sure to start a training diary so we can all follow your progress. There's also some very inspiration diaries of other members to keep you motivated.

Remember, every workout counts!

Hello,

Ive been doing some strength based training for about a year, lost a lot of fat and now want to do some bodybuilding. I need a routine but can't access the articles?

Best lifts (still increasing every session because im a newbie) bench 113kg deadlift 163kg squat (bad back) ~120kg.. @ 77kg~7%bf (down from 100kg 25%+)

Hello,

Ive been doing some strength based training for about a year, lost a lot of fat and now want to do some bodybuilding. I need a routine but can't access the articles?

Best lifts (still increasing every session because im a newbie) bench 113kg deadlift 163kg squat (bad back) ~120kg.. @ 77kg~7%bf (down from 100kg 25%+)

Welcome aboard Popeye!
I'm not sure why you can't access the site articles? Is it a broken link or do you get an error msg?
7% bodyfat? That's right about competition levels....:confused:
Anyhoo well done on achieving your weightloss!

thanks! yeah i dont have much fat on me .. had a 6 pack at 81kg...6kg heavier..strength has kept going up so i dont think im losing muscle.. slowly increasing cals atm...

competition for what? I dont have a lot of muscle on me either :D (which is why im looking for a volume routine)

when i click on the lower or upper body blaster, it says :

Popeye, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Hey guys, just joined recently as there seems to be less trolling and more good advice on these forums. I've been training for about 9 months now, sort of on and off with a crappy diet, but still learning so everything's good.

stats:
Height: 163cms
Weight: 73-74kgs

Lifts:
Dead: 130kg 1x3
Squat: 90kg 2x6
Bench: 90kg 3x5

Contemplating beginning a cut very soon, and will need some advice and guidance on diet, calorie deficits etc

Hello, been lurking ausbb for a week now and decided to join it because there seem to be a decent community here and everyone is helpful.

I was on uni break when I decided to get back into shape and while having a standard beginners gym set at home (75kg in total plates). 3 weeks of mucking around at home I decided to join a local gym with a mate. Been heading there around 4-5 times a week. And 4-5 HIIT sessions a week. I've just entered my 4th week at a gym and I can see some pretty good results so far. I've been watching my diet, reducing my carb intake and increasing the meat and veg intake. Limiting fast food and alcohol to once a month. I started of being 75kg, now am around 78kg.
I can see that I've increased a bit of bulk and the fat has dropped a considerable amount.

My goal is to put on more muscle while trimming the fat down, be healthier and fitter.

Stats-
Height: 178cm
Weight: 78kgs

Lifts so far- , Goals
Dead: 100kg , 150kg
Squat: 90kg , 150kg
Bench: 80kg , 100kg
OH press: 50kg , 65kg

I would like to improve my form in squatting and deadlifting.

My left hip clicks when I attempt to squat. It does not cause any pain or discomfort but its irritating the hell out of me. Is this normal?

Hi

Newbie here, saying hello.

Name: Melanie
Any Interests: Knitting, reading, weight training.
Training history: The usual school sports, dabbled in light weights (isn't that what women do? 1kg dumbbells for the win!!) briefly, started running Jun '11 as a 10kg overweight Uni student, started crossfit Oct '11, lost fat stacked on muscle and found a love for lifting heavy. Now I'm planning on getting into powerlifting. I want to see how strong I can get. :)