• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Help a newb.

Only reservation about eating more fish then I currently am is Ciguater poisoning house mate had it last year.... Doesn't look fun.

Supplements are exactly that, something that should supplement your whole food diet. Eggs are much better than protein powders.

As far as supplements go, a good protein powder, Creatine and Multi Vitamin should suffice.

You need a balanced diet of whole food not supplements and a good training program. This would be perfect for you. http://ausbb.com/strength-training-power-lifting/9460-beginners-program.html

How much do you weigh and what is your current body shape like?

Ok so you think the eggs would do better then the protein powder? I have read so many conflicting things about the biotin/avidin I figured it may not be healthy for a 6 month stint.

Cheers for the link to the workout.

Currently weighing 80 odd kilo, but a good chunk of that is still flab thanks to 6 years of total...and utter....inactivity.

Body shape....2 seconds and I will go take a selfie

http : // i70.photobucket.com/albums/i83/galthralla/IMG_8426.jpg

Last edited:
Don't worry about that mate, to much reading about all this and you will do your head in. Some people here consume more than 6 eggs a day. I average 4.

IMG_8426.jpg
That is Centrelink

I did it for ya man. Need to put the link in

Last edited:
Cheers Josh, wasn't from lack of knowledge rather the restriction on not being able to post any URL's until I hit a 10 post count that made me gap it out :p

So can you recommend a good Creatine supplement? I was looking at this BSN No-Xplode stuff but I have no idea whats a good product to buy thats value for money, there has to be 1000000 bloody recommended supplements out there.

Cheers Josh, wasn't from lack of knowledge rather the restriction on not being able to post any URL's until I hit a 10 post count that made me gap it out :p

So can you recommend a good Creatine supplement? I was looking at this BSN No-Xplode stuff but I have no idea whats a good product to buy thats value for money, there has to be 1000000 bloody recommended supplements out there.

Someone else might have a better idea about this, but I have never considered a preworkout like NO-Xplode to be a creatine supp.
The problem is you have no idea how much is in there (I'm assuming there is next to none) because they (BSN) don't need to disclose it because it's part of their proprietary blend.
Unless it lists the amount on the bottle/website I think it's pretty safe to say there's not enough.

Don't forget most preworkouts are just fancy caffeine drinks.
This thread has some info on why that's a bad thing.
http://ausbb.com/bodybuilding-supplements/9375-pre-workout.html

I can't really help with the creatine recommendation so if I were you I'd check out the supplement forum and see what has been recommended in the past to get a feel for what is a respected product and what's not.

I feel your pain about the IT flab...best of luck getting rid of it! :)

ugg, ok see this is where I start getting boggled. I would have bought NoExplode....why the hell is it listed under creatine supplements on most websites if its a caffeine product? Glad I took the time to ask before I pissed away $100 on a big can of concentrated mother.

/boggle

Centrelink, what is your real name?

1kg of creatine can be had for as little as ~$30. Have a look on aminoz store I think he has it there for that amount. You can buy bulk protein or even Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey. As for No-Xplode, I use this and products like this. I never use the max dosage though, always just a single scoop to get me going as by the end of the day at 7:30pm when I go to the gym I am often feeling tired and drained. It is not the best way to do things and that thread about Caffeine is a good read. I just find it is one of the only ways I can have some intensity in my training.

Glad I took the time to ask before I pissed away $100 on a big can of concentrated mother.
/boggle

One of the things so great about this and some other forums, its a great place to start weeding out all the marketing BS.

if you are trying to loose body fat, i would suggest skipping the creatine for now.

Have a look at Fadi's 2200 calorie diet plan on this forum http://ausbb.com/nutrition-diet/8997-diet-1-2200-calorie-food-plan.html
At 80kgs it could be perfect for you, if you can find out your current body fat levels and BMR, i could give you some more accurate details.

As Josh said "You need a balanced diet of whole food not supplements"

Protien powders are good for getting extra calories from protien when trying to put on size (not you atm) and also for a fast absorbtion rate immediatley post excercise (if you need to)

get the diet right (I suggest at 80kgs aim for at least 2000 - 2500) there are many many samples and examples on here. Take some statistics for yourself, then STICK TO IT for at least 4 weeks and record your success, then reevaluate if need be and do it agian.

Finding what works for you ultimatley is half the fun/ battle.

Hope this helped a bit!

MD

Yep :) its helping allot, any advice is appreciated.

Real name Josh? haha. Funny I thought when you first posted that I knew who you were as I used to live down that way and know a Josh thats right into body building. I'm guessing you might be having the same thoughts....My first names Rob.

Nah, more so it is easier to type Rob than always typing Centrelink! Rob sounds better as well. :D

cre8 carnage by Maxx's is a really good creatine supplement. ON whey is good
No-explode is alright, not worth the $100, but it is handy on days when your too tired to workout.

haha, ok yeah thats all good man. Just to settle my curiosity do you have a sibling Rhiannon?

Thanks to everyone for your advise.

I think I will give the 2200 calorie workout a try and post back in a few weeks. I am trying to build some muscle mass as well so I might rock out some of the suggested proteins from the other thread and perhaps cre8, just to get a feel for things in this first month.

Last edited:
haha, ok yeah thats all good man. Just to settle my curiosity do you have a sibling Rhiannon?

Thanks to everyone for your advise.

I think I will give the 2200 calorie workout a try and post back in a few weeks. I am trying to build some muscle mass as well so I might rock out some of the suggested proteins from the other thread and perhaps cre8, just to get a feel for things in this first month.

So are trying to loose fat and build muscle?... that my friend, is a whole other thread...

MD

That is pretty damn expensive that Maxx's stuff! You can get Creatine Mono (1kg) for ~$30 from Aminoz.

I'd stay away from things like NOXplode if you're just starting out.
I started training in April this year, and went though Superpump, Jacked, Cytonox.. They all definitely gave me a boost - but I reached a stage where I felt I couldn't train without them.
Best to build up a solid base first, and get to know your body. Then try those supps so you can better gauge whether or not the effects are worthwhile.

Don't think it's worth bothering with creatine either, until you've been training for a while.. If you're only starting out, and train properly - you should see some real positive and quick progress..

I'd stay away from things like NOXplode if you're just starting out.
I started training in April this year, and went though Superpump, Jacked, Cytonox.. They all definitely gave me a boost - but I reached a stage where I felt I couldn't train without them.
Best to build up a solid base first, and get to know your body. Then try those supps so you can better gauge whether or not the effects are worthwhile.

Don't think it's worth bothering with creatine either, until you've been training for a while.. If you're only starting out, and train properly - you should see some real positive and quick progress..

These pre workout sups are basically CNS stimulators, i.e stressing your body to work harder.

If you find this type of stim helps you go for it or just grab a coffee, other wise some carbs for energy is a simple approach.

"If you're only starting out, and train properly - you should see some real positive and quick progress.. "

nice one!

MD