• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Have you ever taken Steroids?

• Yes

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 81 81.8%

• Total voters
There is ALWAYS risk.

If your not smart, as some of your friends dont seem to be, you can do yourself some real damage.

BUT

If you do your research, figure out what compounds/chemicals do what, it will certainly lower the risk, SUBSTANTIALLY.

You can still get chicks pregnant while on gear, but you will have a reduced sperm count (unless HCG is employed).

Can I ask how old you/your friends are?

Also, a lot of people do use the taper down method, but the general consensus is that your FAR better off doing a proper PCT

Cheating yourself. I wouldn't feel right calling myself a bodybuilder if I took roids. A big no from me also.

Do you compete in bodybuilding competitions?

If not, you shouldn't be calling yourself a bodybuilder anyway.

Cheating yourself. I wouldn't feel right calling myself a bodybuilder if I took roids. A big no from me also.

That doesnt really make sense....you wouldnt call yourself a bodybuilder if on the gear...so what would u call them then lol.

Theres no such thing as cheating yourself when it comes to training its just deciding what direction you want to take with your training.

That doesnt really make sense....you wouldnt call yourself a bodybuilder if on the gear...so what would u call them then lol.

Theres no such thing as cheating yourself when it comes to training its just deciding what direction you want to take with your training.

Exactly spot on. Bodybuilders and gear go hand in hand.

Of course.

I always felt lethargic and depressed. Now I feel great and am happier than ever, I recover properly and have been able to put on a bit of weight.
My recent bloodwork showed me at 29nmol, with normal ranges 8-40 so it not like it boosts me to above levels.

Who'd you go to for your bloodwork mate?
Also what's the go with competing in tested feds for you now? I mean if your test levels are only in the normal range does that mean you're allowed to compete in tested feds?
Cheers.

Lots of red tape if I wanted to compete in a tested fed.
I choose to lift with capo for many reasons, one of them is they don't care that I'm on hrt.

I just get my Gp to do my bloods. Every 4 weeks in some cases.

Lots of red tape if I wanted to compete in a tested fed.
I choose to lift with capo for many reasons, one of them is they don't care that I'm on hrt.

I just get my Gp to do my bloods. Every 4 weeks in some cases.

So it is actually possible for you to compete in a tested fed.

Interesting.

Not having a go at anyone on hrt. But i would have thought taking any extra test would be considered an advantage over others not taking any.

It is t taking extra it's taking normal amounts.. People will have genetically mre test then people on trt not to mention other hormones... Natural strong production is far better.

Who'd you go to for your bloodwork mate?
Also what's the go with competing in tested feds for you now? I mean if your test levels are only in the normal range does that mean you're allowed to compete in tested feds?
Cheers.

If your test was low f#*k me, what would you be lifting with normal ammounts:eek:

Interesting.

Not having a go at anyone on hrt. But i would have thought taking any extra test would be considered an advantage over others not taking any.

It's not extra test, it is the amount that makes me "normal".

If I didn't take it, It's quite possible you would have 3-4x more than I, could that be considered as unfair to me?
If I do take it, it puts us on a level playing ground as far as testosterone is concerned.

Either way, I'm nit worried, but I just want people to understand that HRT didn't give me (or anybody else) an athletic advantage above anybody else.

If your test was low f#*k me, what would you be lifting with normal ammounts:eek:

Haha hopefully more mate ;)
I'm going to get tested just out of interest as some of the symptoms listed earlier in the thread apply to me.
I'll let you know the results when I get them.

Sticky - did you notice a big jump in your lifts when you went on HRT?

Lol, cos thatd be cheeeetan.

Seriously, I'm just happy to be at a "normal" level.
It makes a huge fucking difference to your life and training.

Nah not at all mate.

Look through my journal, I've been in hrt for 12 months.
I still went 150/110/220 with shot hormones.

I've gotten a lot stronger lately due to ridiculous hard work and mass eating.

It's not extra test, it is the amount that makes me "normal".

If I didn't take it, It's quite possible you would have 3-4x more than I, could that be considered as unfair to me?
If I do take it, it puts us on a level playing ground as far as testosterone is concerned.

Either way, I'm nit worried, but I just want people to understand that HRT didn't give me (or anybody else) an athletic advantage above anybody else.

Like I said I'm not having a go at guys on hrt.

But you are supplementing the test levels that you would have naturally.

So yes that is an advantage over others that are just relying on there natural levels.

Have you ever taken steroids to improve performance, increase muscle mass or any other similar benefit?

bloody oath, i practically live off the stuff.

Thats a BIG FUCKEN NO from me Hate the things IMHO thats full on cheating cheers and good clean lifting

really upsets me to read posts like this.

What if you don't compete Senator, is it still cheating?

no cheating there;)

Like I said I'm not having a go at guys on hrt.

But you are supplementing the test levels that you would have naturally.

So yes that is an advantage over others that are just relying on there natural levels.

I know your not having a go at us/me but I still don't follow???

If I have almost zero testosterone due to a condition, and compete against you who has 30nmol, the playing feild is not even.
If I go on hrt and get to 29nmol your still in front, but the playing feild is now more even.

The only advantage I can see to me is, it's now a level playing feild...... Which in my eyes isn't an advantage.

Now if I triple my medication (which is not possible unless you buy illegally) I cam defiantly see how this would be advantageous.