• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

GYMS kicked out

Senator

Just wondering how many of you guys/ girls have been told off or been told to leave a gym .The gym i train at is fairly heavy duty so when i saw the owner have a quite word to a young guy for dropping some dumbells on his last rep i thought yeah the weights were to heavy but was the owner to fussy shit its a gym:(

no issues where i train(UNSW), but we got asked to settle down at a fitness first, then semi-yelled at the second time for dropping a pair of dumbells from a flat bench set...dropped them about 5 inches.
we also lol'd.

My cousin got banned from local gym for getting into an argument with the owner, he got a little agressive. The staff "feared for their safety" apparently, lol.

I had a memebership cancelled from a 'Fitness Centre' for scaring other members & dropping weights. There was a lot more to it than that but thats the short of it..

Just wondering how many of you guys/ girls have been told off or been told to leave a gym .The gym i train at is fairly heavy duty so when i saw the owner have a quite word to a young guy for dropping some dumbells on his last rep i thought yeah the weights were to heavy but was the owner to fussy shit its a gym:(

It all depends on your/gym owner/trainers definition of
"dropping weights'..

Anything more than 5CM's I consider should be give a
warning.

3rd time you get banned.

Devante.

I don't get the big deal with dropping weights, like yeah throwing a 20kg still plate to the ground is dumb. But seriously only 5cm away.

I got told off for dropping weights at a gym on the sunshine coast. Supposedly its a strong man gym too.... Admittedly my deads go back do fairly fast but I'm still holding on to them.

I also got yelled at later because they have shitty sleaved bars and I was doing heavy shrugs with collars on and the sleave slipped half off the end of the bar and the weights crushed it so it couldn't be put back on. I was lucky the sleave didn't come all the way off, it would have been brilliant to have 70kg fall off one side of the bar because they bought chinese crap. I still don't know how I managed to get the sleaves to move, half the time I don't even put collars on for shrugs.

My gym really wasn't ever built to be a gym, so dumping weights is actually a legitimate problem - there's already a couple holes in the floor to prove it. But when a gym is built to be a gym, it should be built to cope with people dropping 200kg barbells from overhead, IMHO.

I encourage my customers to drop weights from overheard

5cm is FBS. Just sayin'.

... I got in trouble for dropping a 30kg-40kg barbell (the one with a preset weight of 20kg) to the ground from about 50cm (by a P.T.) - He raised his voice at me. Doesn't matter that my back was too sore to lower it to the ground. He told me I was lazy and other crap. I dropped it onto a rubber mat, designed to absorb weight impacts.

Once again. That 5cm comment gets on my nerves. I hope you're trolling.

Some time last year when my FF(finance first) gym changed managers I had a little run with the new PT manager. I was setting up for deadlifts with only socks on(never wear shoes) and he came over and spoke to me just as I was about to lift off. I was fuming that he did this, all he did was whinge about how i'm not allowed to walk around with no shoes on.

I've been doing this for almost 2 years at this place, when there is next to no-one there so i'm not hurting anyone.

Some time last year when my FF(finance first) gym changed managers I had a little run with the new PT manager. I was setting up for deadlifts with only socks on(never wear shoes) and he came over and spoke to me just as I was about to lift off. I was fuming that he did this, all he did was whinge about how i'm not allowed to walk around with no shoes on.

I've been doing this for almost 2 years at this place, when there is next to no-one there so i'm not hurting anyone.

the thing is, if you do somehow hurt your feet from not wearing shoes, ff could get sued/fined/in trouble.

the thing is, if you do somehow hurt your feet from not wearing shoes, ff could get sued/fined/in trouble.

By dropping a weight? Shoes won't make a difference, but I do see your point.

The guy was just on a power trip, previous PT manager and other PT's never minded.

i havent been told off by a manager or pt, but by the lady next door.

the gym i train at is nextdoor to h&r block, and apparently everytime a weight is drop the whole wall shakes and computer monitors turn on and off.... so shes knocking on the door and me being the nice guy opens up since the manager wasnt there, and then she just goes off at me. im like i havent dropped any weights, i only got here.

If your getting into arguments at your current gym for dropping weights.............

change gyms

Where I train is in an industrial area & there is a "No Work Boots" rule. So, Most people just wear thongs. For everything, including my not limited to, Treadmills, 1/4 Squats & Bicep curls.....