• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Gyms in prison

Interesting thread. I don't really have the time to go through 3 pages of reading (right now). For me I think the concept of jail is good. The application is a little strange.

With the definitions that were supplied earlier about rehab, retrebution and so forth...how can we expect individuals to activly rehabilitate amongs a group of people that have issues themselves. I suppose this is a similar problem when it comes to drug &/or alcohol rehab centers.

Does the system we have now work? Is it to 'soft', when you can go into jail, socialize then come out after your term is served? I think the death penality is wrong. How can we tell our community that ending somebodys life is wrong when the government does it? But then again..for individuals that are in prson for the rest of their natural life...in cases 25 years +...surely there are better options.

I remember reading once that it cost an individual around $37,000 to be in a prison here in Tasmania. Times that by 10 years...that's a lot of mola. Times it by 25..that's even more.

Interesting thread. I don't really have the time to go through 3 pages of reading (right now). For me I think the concept of jail is good. The application is a little strange.

With the definitions that were supplied earlier about rehab, retrebution and so forth...how can we expect individuals to activly rehabilitate amongs a group of people that have issues themselves. I suppose this is a similar problem when it comes to drug &/or alcohol rehab centers.

Does the system we have now work? Is it to 'soft', when you can go into jail, socialize then come out after your term is served? I think the death penality is wrong. How can we tell our community that ending somebodys life is wrong when the government does it? But then again..for individuals that are in prson for the rest of their natural life...in cases 25 years +...surely there are better options.

I remember reading once that it cost an individual around $37,000 to be in a prison here in Tasmania. Times that by 10 years...that's a lot of mola. Times it by 25..that's even more.

the cost would also include building the prison , wages , utilities and all other associated costs , the actual upkeep on the prison would be just a fraction

ah that's crap , that is what we are led to believe , but in reality the colour of your skin makes no difference it is what you do you with your life what you want out of it
i know quite a few aboriginals some in a profession some that play the race card saying the world is out to get them

the one's in the proffession told me the same thing , that they one's that get into trouble play the race card that the world is out to get them , they have tried educating the youngings that to get anything out life you need to put in the hard effort , but of course that is too much hard work

my next door neighbours are a good example 3 brothers , 2 brothers go looking for trouble out there in the street pissing on and yelling abuse at everyone that walks by ,and crying that the world is out to get them , while the older brother has a semi decent job you don't even hear from him when he's home

Unemployment within Indigenous people in 2004-2005 (12.9 percent) was three times higher (4.4 percent) than that of non-Indigenous people. In the same years the rate of assault causing hospitalisation was 17.3 times that of non-Indigenous people, and in the following year, the likelihood of Indigenous people being sentenced to prison was 12.9 times higher than non-Indigenous persons (Hayes, Prenzler, 2009).

Make of this what you will. You cannot dispute facts. The colour of your skin is a risk factor, because you are less likely to have parents who finished school, you are less likely to have finished school, you parents more than likely earn minimum (if not less) wage and you have been brought up by parents with no social skills.

Last edited:
The colour of your skin is a risk factor, because you are less likely to have parents who finished school, you are less likely to have finished school, you parents more than likely earn minimum (if not less) wage and you have been brought up by parents with no social skills.

That's quite a statement.
Are the statisics national or from a particular area? The difference between them being national and...from an area such as nth Queensland is obviously large.

That's quite a statement.
Are the statisics national or from a particular area? The difference between them being national and...from an area such as nth Queensland is obviously large.

I've written numerous academic pieces on the subject. I know it sounds harsh, and I might come across as a racist to the uneducated, but it really is the sad truth. Without education, proper parenting and the early development of social skills, you are not going to get very far in life.

Those statistics are national.

ah that's crap , that is what we are led to believe , but in reality the colour of your skin makes no difference it is what you do you with your life what you want out of it
errrr 70% indigenous make-up in juvenile detention centres (WA) probably suggests you're wrong

Isn't it about time that our indigenous brothers stopped whinging and whining and got on with their lives

just the same with anyone else that feels hard done by , from the drug addict blaming their crappy childhood because dad wouldn't talk him , or mum took the tit away too soon

to the pedo who blames dad for molesting him as a kid

need to get out of the past and take grasp of your own life, the way your life turns out is in your hands and no one else's , if you turn to a life of crime that's your fault not the colour of your skin or your upbringing

there are many avenues that one can take to improve their life , and many role models to show that it can be done , in my community we have a rather large aboriginal co-op , some of the stories that come out of their about aboriginals that have crappy upbringings but have turned their life around

look elsewhere in the community at the migrants that came to australia with nothing more then the shirts on their back , they help form australia and copped a lot of shit in the mean time too , but they have done alright

Watching Stallone - Lockup, yesterday made me think of this thread.

Gyms in prison is a good idea I think.

Prisoners should be forced to do manual unpaid labour for most of their day though IMO.