• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Gyms in prison

Great thread guys. Some points that stuck out at me:

I'm interested how the courts fit all this into some of the prison sentences I've seen...

/snip

I think the attitudes some of them hold start at an early age where they get no rewards. They have to look after themselves, and have no responsible person to really instill the 'worker' in them. Its so much easier just to not work, get handed welfare and steal what else you want. Especially if the court only gives you a slap on the wrist because you are 'too young'!

Is their some sort of epidemic happening, where rapists and killers are being let loose that didn't make the 6 o'clock bulletin. Do some research before making unfounded claims.

"Their" life begins in the shit. Deadbeat parents, who have no right having children because they can't get their own shit together, the father is likely to have been to prison which increases the chances of the child ending up in the system.

Is their some sort of epidemic happening, where rapists and killers are being let loose that didn't make the 6 o'clock bulletin. Do some research before making unfounded claims.

"Their" life begins in the shit. Deadbeat parents, who have no right having children because they can't get their own shit together, the father is likely to have been to prison which increases the chances of the child ending up in the system.

Oh and 1/3rd of them have a cognitive disability and the overwhelming majority can't read.

Oh and 1/3rd of them have a cognitive disability and the overwhelming majority can't read.

One more.

Even if you haven't been raised by your criminally biological father, your at a higher risk of following in his footsteps.

The high court of Australia agreed with the sentencing when it was put in front of them and you can't argue with dudes in wigs!

Off topic. Prison food! There was only I meal a week I reckon that you could get a decent amount of protein from which was braised steak (leather basically). It was all you could eat bread and jam etc but protein wise there wasn't much.

600ml of milk a day each which cause ALLOT of fights. One of the murders I mentioned was over milk. Our unit ended up with a large sack of milk instead and it was first in kind of thing which didn't leave much for new people like myself.

I stole a tub of butter and jam and kept it in my cell. I would just get fresh bread everyday. I also us to get buy ups as my parents put money in my prison account. This is what actually cause my first fight. A guy tried to stand over me to buy him a pack of Tim tams and I said no. He came back with two other people and they jumped me while I was eating my weetbix right in front of everyone.

FORGET WEIGHT give the food!!!!! :)

You don't goto prison for driving a modified car. You know it's wrong and illegal yet you continue to do it. No sympathy from me.

If it was illegal to be black would you tell black people they know its illegal no sympathy from you?

Stupid laws are still stupid laws.. Especially when it is based on ADR's yet different states have different interpretations of those.

Do as i say because isnt a reason to be a sheep.

There were good reasons why the sentence was so light and judging it without knowing the whole story is throwing you in the today tonight basket with the rest of the spoon feds.

Armed rob armed rob...

Life isnt what is gauche its what it looks like..

Looks like 2 deadbeats robbed some block with weapons and got away with it..

Today tonight or not thats what it is...

If it was illegal to be black would you tell black people they know its illegal no sympathy from you?

Stupid laws are still stupid laws.. Especially when it is based on ADR's yet different states have different interpretations of those.

Do as i say because isnt a reason to be a sheep.

It isn't illegal to be black. Cars are for transport, point a to point b, if you feel the need to lower it, put on stupid exhausts and filters that clearly break the regulations designed by the transport authority, yeah no sympathy.

IMO, armed robbery gets to heavy a sentence. Its only psychological trauma, no physical harm has been done. People just don't like people with guns.

If they are two dead beats what am I? I mean by law I was guilty as sin but by my own moral standard I had nothing to do with it... People make bad decisions sometimes and I think the idea of the correctional system is to try and make these people repent on what they have done. Make them really think about their life and why they are in there. 2 out of 3 of the people have gone on to successful lives with much to live for. That's some good odds of rehabilitation if you ask me. Who cares how many years jail someone gets to prove a point to the public... It's about their rehabilitation.

The judge knew what remorse laid around the event and how out of character it was. The judge seen our loving families and friends supporting us, the judge considered our full time jobs and our ambitions to which being in prison for three years would do us more harm then good. He seen we didn't belong in the prison system and we had an excellent chance of rehabilitation. He gave us another chance and only one of us screwed it up. One bad decision from three eighteen year olds which got out of hand... If I could go back in time I would do more to stop it but I can't.

I had a trip to America planned(tickets paid for) for work last year and I couldn't get a visa into the country due to the fact I've been charged with a violent crime. I tried explaining that the violent crime was not actually me and that I was considered an accomplice to the crime as I had talked about it with the others.. Didn't matter. I missed my paid trip to America because I'm considered violent. Where's the justice in that? People think if we aren't in jail it doesn't affect our lives and that the punishment is over. I come from a relatively small city and my name is basically one of a kind here. This has followed me for six years now partly due to the media field day they had on us.

Armed robbery is armed robbery yes I don't deny it but punishment is punishment whether it be in the form of a jail cell, cost of repaying your legal fees, being the black sheep of your family, having a mud name in a small city, having the media make you out to be a criminal and it even ended up affecting my job. So who is to say what a correct punishment is? The judge looked at out situation and made that decision. The spoon feds kicked up a stink. Then the High court judges looked at our case and came up with the same opinion.

It isn't illegal to be black. Cars are for transport, point a to point b, if you feel the need to lower it, put on stupid exhausts and filters that clearly break the regulations designed by the transport authority, yeah no sympathy.

IMO, armed robbery gets to heavy a sentence. Its only psychological trauma, no physical harm has been done. People just don't like people with guns.

But what if it was? Would you have the same opinion then..

If you can tell me how if in Victoria an unexposed air filter and intercooler are legal yet in NSw they Arnt and what decent reason there is for that when they are both to do with Australian design rule standards. Stupid exhausts and filters? My point is regardless of how stupid a law is just because it is a law doesn't make it right.

Only
Phaycological trauma? Please tell me your kidding.. I know someone who is scared to work around money now because she was robbed at gun point and has developed depression and PTSD. Just phaycological trauma? Lol I laugh how you can say that then bag me for an air filter on a car in the same paragraph..

If they are two dead beats what am I? I mean by law I was guilty as sin but by my own moral standard I had nothing to do with it... People make bad decisions sometimes and I think the idea of the correctional system is to try and make these people repent on what they have done. Make them really think about their life and why they are in there. 2 out of 3 of the people have gone on to successful lives with much to live for. That's some good odds of rehabilitation if you ask me. Who cares how many years jail someone gets to prove a point to the public... It's about their rehabilitation.

The judge knew what remorse laid around the event and how out of character it was. The judge seen our loving families and friends supporting us, the judge considered our full time jobs and our ambitions to which being in prison for three years would do us more harm then good. He seen we didn't belong in the prison system and we had an excellent chance of rehabilitation. He gave us another chance and only one of us screwed it up. One bad decision from three eighteen year olds which got out of hand... If I could go back in time I would do more to stop it but I can't.

I had a trip to America planned(tickets paid for) for work last year and I couldn't get a visa into the country due to the fact I've been charged with a violent crime. I tried explaining that the violent crime was not actually me and that I was considered an accomplice to the crime as I had talked about it with the others.. Didn't matter. I missed my paid trip to America because I'm considered violent. Where's the justice in that? People think if we aren't in jail it doesn't affect our lives and that the punishment is over. I come from a relatively small city and my name is basically one of a kind here. This has followed me for six years now partly due to the media field day they had on us.

Armed robbery is armed robbery yes I don't deny it but punishment is punishment whether it be in the form of a jail cell, cost of repaying your legal fees, being the black sheep of your family, having a mud name in a small city, having the media make you out to be a criminal and it even ended up affecting my job. So who is to say what a correct punishment is? The judge looked at out situation and made that decision. The spoon feds kicked up a stink. Then the High court judges looked at our case and came up with the same opinion.

That was my point gauche seems like the ones who did it had not much more happen to them then you.. That's what pissed me off.

One more.

Even if you haven't been raised by your criminally biological father, your at a higher risk of following in his footsteps.

I don't think sociological facts ring hard with people - I try to emphasize that most are retarded.

Can you just confirm something you said a few pages back; so you went to prison, got out and had no conviction recorded? But then how did you get knocked back from America - how would they know if no conviction was recorded?

Can you just confirm something you said a few pages back; so you went to prison, got out and had no conviction recorded? But then how did you get knocked back from America - how would they know if no conviction was recorded?

You can be found guilty but have no conviction recorded section 10

But what if it was? Would you have the same opinion then..

If you can tell me how if in Victoria an unexposed air filter and intercooler are legal yet in NSw they Arnt and what decent reason there is for that when they are both to do with Australian design rule standards. Stupid exhausts and filters? My point is regardless of how stupid a law is just because it is a law doesn't make it right.

Only
Phaycological trauma? Please tell me your kidding.. I know someone who is scared to work around money now because she was robbed at gun point and has developed depression and PTSD. Just phaycological trauma? Lol I laugh how you can say that then bag me for an air filter on a car in the same paragraph..

You are talking in hypotheticals, this is the real world. You live in NSW, so abide by NSW law, if you do not like it, move. Each state has the right to create its own laws. We are not as unified a country as people think.

I was talking in the sense of sentencing. Robbery gets you 14 years maximum and armed robbery can get you a maximum of life. Compare this to ten years for sexual assault and life for rape.

At the end of the day it doesn't bother me, because I do not plan on raping, robbing or killing anyone anytime soon, so its best to work hard and keep your nose clean and you shouldn't have a problem. I also don't have any modifications to my car that deem it illegal in QLD, so no problems their!

Yes that gearknob is worthy to be illegal simply because..

I live in the real world where if something is bullshit it's bullshit. Show me why a different well fitting gearknob should be illegal and impose a fine of $80 and require a $40 clearance... I was at court yesterday some dude was driving on his brothers license on his ls trying to pass himself off as him he got a $250 fine.

As I said following laws simply because they are laws and your a sheep when those laws are obviously ridiculous and have no proper backing for their existence except to make money is a bit of a joke.

Go to other countries and be arrested for wearing certain clothes " it's the law so its the right thing to do"does that make it right or reasonable?

That type of closed minded thinking is what keeps Peoe appressed over the world.

I live in the real world where if something is bullshit it's bullshit. Show me why a different well fitting gearknob should be illegal and impose a fine of $80 and require a $40 clearance... I was at court yesterday some dude was driving on his brothers license on his ls trying to pass himself off as him he got a $250 fine.

As I said following laws simply because they are laws and your a sheep when those laws are obviously ridiculous and have no proper backing for their existence except to make money is a bit of a joke.

Go to other countries and be arrested for wearing certain clothes " it's the law so its the right thing to do"does that make it right or reasonable?

That type of closed minded thinking is what keeps Peoe appressed over the world.

You think you are oppressed because you get a fine for having a different gear knob? Man up and stop whining because you think the police have it in for you every time they pull over your rice burner.

What led to a police officer inspecting your car in the first place? Yes some laws are stupid, but unless you want to do something about them, stop whinging. 99 percent of the population obey these silly laws, you do not see them complaining.

You think you are oppressed because you get a fine for having a different gear knob? Man up and stop whining because you think the police have it in for you every time they pull over your rice burner.

What led to a police officer inspecting your car in the first place? Yes some laws are stupid, but unless you want to do something about them, stop whinging. 99 percent of the population obey these silly laws, you do not see them complaining.

Slavery used to be legal. Glad the minority didn't stop complaining while the majority accepted it.

I plead guilty to a violent crime. Even if I plead not guilty and was gully acquitted it would have showed up. My choices were plead not guilty and stay in jail up to 18 months waiting for my trial to which I would loose considering the loopholes in law. Or plead guilty and try and get time served for my 67 days.

My barrister said he could get me a suspended sentence... But he did allot more then that he was amazing. The two legal aid guys went first and didn't even speak for a minute. My guy stood up and spoke for half an hour bringing up similar case points and talking about my potential and also about how I was even at the scene of the crime etc

That was my point gauche seems like the ones who did it had not much more happen to them then you.. That's what pissed me off.

Yeah it ate me up for years it really did. I hated them and I hated the system. It took me years to accept I did do something wrong even though it was only wrong by law and I felt morally right about what I had done and said. I mean who hasn't sat down with mates and done a hypothetical??? I still do it to this day

I haven't had a rear vision mirror for three months now :) can't wait till I'm pulled up!

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't think I'm operssed just wondering how much crap you can talk.

I don't think I'm operssed just wondering how much crap you can talk.

I addressed every single one of your so called problems. When you have nothing left to say you crack the shits.

If a stupid car defect law is the best you can come up with as a problem with the law, and in an argument, your life is pretty good.