• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Gym belts

asv

Do you guys use gym belt for deadlifts?

I avoid using one if lifting light and but i gotta use it when i lift heavy.

Thoughts?

If you ain't maxing then avoid using belts. It just becomes a crutch.

And don't use those useless "weightlifting belts" that all the gym rats have. They're as useless as shit.

Good stuff!

Slowly progressing :), my max on deadlifts at the moment are 80kg. I really need belt at that weight.

Can you advice some good gym belts mate?

If you ain't maxing then avoid using belts. It just becomes a crutch.

And don't use those useless "weightlifting belts" that all the gym rats have. They're as useless as shit.

I use the Titan Lever Belt, squats and deads.
Squats I start at 80% max and dead lifts about the same.
My back used to hurt after dead lifts but the right belt at the right tightness stopped this.

Good stuff!

Slowly progressing :), my max on deadlifts at the moment are 80kg. I really need belt at that weight.

Can you advice some good gym belts mate?

If your max deadlift is only 80 then don't worry about the belt, just get stronger!

belts helped me alot, but like they say it does become a crutch. And don't buy a velcro belt whatever you do.

I never use a belt when I deadlift conventional.

My max is 302.5kg.... At 80kg you'll be fine mate, just get stronger.

how is it?

Its really good. Never had a problem with it and i have been using it for prob 2 years. The only thing with the "non-lever" belts is that they can be a pain to undo if you are fkd, due to not having the energy to release them.

In terms of quality they are top notch. No real wear signs or anything and i use it 2-3 times per week, every week.

Its really good. Never had a problem with it and i have been using it for prob 2 years. The only thing with the "non-lever" belts is that they can be a pain to undo if you are fkd, due to not having the energy to release them.

In terms of quality they are top notch. No real wear signs or anything and i use it 2-3 times per week, every week.

Thats what i like to hear, on my wishlist after paying for my car rego and gym membership.

Yeah not necessary until the poundages start getting up there.

Would recommend a quick release or lever belt. As BJ mentioned - so much easier to swap and change over between sets. You can have them tight and off in under a second. We swapped all our belts to lever and quick releases - very popular.

At 80kg you do not need a belt unless you have some underlying problems.

My missus has never weight trained and has an office job and within the first week she trained she hit a 100kg dead lift.