• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Gold Coast Barbell - 2012

Sam and I lifting...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLYyF4Yhtuw]2012 Block Pull Cycle - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z50Whg2WxAY]Sam - Sheiko Skills Test PRs - YouTube[/ame]

I've been overseas for a few weeks but the gym is finally back in full swing.

Paz smashed out a rep PB of 3x97.5kg on the bench but narrowly missed out on a 105kg 1rm, failing on lockout. He then did some rows and axle cleans concluding in a spectacular backwards tumble with 90kg on the bar.

Lloyd was running his normal program but we goaded him into testing his squat and dead strength and he showed some great gains squatting 5x60kg and nearly locking out 110kg. Not bad for a guy who was struggling with just the bar and a 32kg kettlebell respectively just a couple of months ago.

Annie finally came into train after many months of discussion. She's just moved down from Toowoomba to start uni. Having not lifted on months due to health issues she worked up to some heavy deads and squats and we discussed her training and competition plans.

Sam hit some heavy deads, floor presses and cleans as part of his preparation for the PA Nationals.

I'm preparing for the same comp. I did...

Squats
4x125kg
4x147.5kg
4x167.5kg
2x190kg
2x3x190kg
2x190kg
I wanted a 3rd in the final set but my right glute was getting pretty strained.

Deadlifts
5x120kg
3x162.5kg
3x3x200kg

Inverted Rope Rows
3 sets.

Last night...

Lloyd came in and was allowed to work on his program in peace.

Annie worked on bench and front squats and I gave her a bit of a tutorial on pendlay rows

Jon benched and curled.

Alex came back in for the first time in weeks after pnuemonia and knee surgery. He'd lost 10kgs since getting appendicitis over a month ago but has finally started to put some weight back on. He hit a bit of bench and didn't do too bad considering the weight loss. Then he curled.

Apparently my gym is turning into a bench and curls gym...

I benched first, working up to 1x160, 2x1x165 and 1x170, then hit 5 sets of chins before more benching and band pullaparts.

Last night was pretty quiet, not a lot of energy going around...

Sam benched, working up to some heavy triples.

Jon came in to hit some assistance.

Annie did some light lower body work including squat, lunges and deads.

I trained my wife but not myself. Had no energy in me.

Tonight...

Sam squatted then had a crack at some sumo deads for shits ang giggles. With his short legs he has next to no ROM.

Paz benched, hitting a solid 3x3 then ran some assistance.

I had squat win, deadlift fail...

Squats
3x200kg
2x3x180kg
Had some shoulder discomfort but not enough to stop me from squatting. The depth on the first rep of 200 looked decent, the final 2 were a bit sketchy.

Deadlifts
5x120kg
3x162.5kg
3x200kg
1x245kg
1x255kg
2x245kg
The heavy pulls were far harder than they should have been but that's not surprising considering the near max squat reps. I'll be splitting my squats and deads next week so I can get my heavy reps done.

El_Freako holy shit @ 295kg deadlift!!! THAT was impressive!! But as I watched that vid ^^^ I did think to myself at one point, 'If I was listening to this music, I think I could lift nearly 300kg too'!!!! lololol. That track made me MAD! :p

Awesome vid!! Gym looks sensational! Great stuff, thanks for sharing.

Look forward to tracking progress :)

Tonight...

New father Paz banged out a whirlwind session, bench, rows, prowler, and some other assistance.

Sam came in and deadlifted then had some fun with the new stones before finishing with back work.

Alex hit some light box squats testing out his knee after surgery. Everything seems ok.

Strongman Justin came in to do some events training before Fitx. 330 yoke, 120 farmers and some 90kg log work.

3 weeks out for me...

Bench
5x90kg
4x107.5kg
2x3x125kg
5x3x145kg
All solid lifts. Minimal shoulder discomfort.

Squats
3x140kg
3x160kg
2x180kg
3x3x180kg
Had a bit of shoulder discomfort by the final reps and my right glute and hamstring were strained the whole way through.

A very distracted session so there is some catching up to do tomorrow.

Just Lloyd and me tonight.

Lloyd did his program as per usual. He's a couple of sessions away from finally squatting 2 plates as his working sets.

I pulled...

Deadlifts
5x120kg
3x170kg
2x220kg
1x250kg
1x262.5kg
0x275kg
3x1x260kg
Just couldn't quite lockout the 275 but I'm pretty sure I'll be good for it in a couple of weeks. My programming has kind of gone out the window because of the effect of my holiday and the numbers aren't quite working anymore.

Inverted Rope Rows
5 sets

-ss-

Good Mornings
2 sets
and
KB Swings
3 sets

Paz was in early getting his bench on. He wanted 3x3x100kg but bombed the bombed the second rep of his first set at lockout. I encouraged him to finish with singles and reset the program next week. Still the +100kg bench evades him!

Sam came into do some bench singles for comp prep. He hit 3x1x100kg then did chins and rows.

Benchin for me...

Bench Press
5x90kg
4x110kg
3x125kg
2x2x145kg
3x1x165kg
5x145kg
I tried to do a double with the first 165 but I was nowhere near tight enough, but the second and third sets were better and better. Had some shoulder discomfort earlier in the session but it dissipated.

Dips
3x15xbw

-ss-

Pendlay Rows
3x8x100kg

Just me in tonight, so ronery.

Squats
5x100kg
3x140kg
1x160kg
1x180kg
1x190kg
1x200kg
1x210kg
1x215kg
Hit some pretty solid squats considering I had no spotter. The 210 especially shot-up.

Deadlifts
5x120kg
3x170kg
3x200kg
3x210kg
3x220kg
Just some lightish deads.

And out!

ben.. are u guys open during easter?
I have a guy who is on holidays up your way from my gym and wants to train . let me know..

Last edited:
Only just around the corner from me, I might have to come in and check this out. Sounds right up my alley.