• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Glimpse of my mortality

trofius - yeah gotta keep them young bucks on their toes.

Race ya to 200 total lol...

HAHA the amount of times ive had women stop to say such a gorgeous baby followed by that's so sweet. Then they briefly touch your biceps.. :p

Strangely, this thread has inspired me to get a bike. I'm sick of spending 50 minutes driving to work, when I could just cruise between the aisles of traffic lights queues.

ive come off 2 times while in traffic over the last 3 years of riding.. If your not too reckless about it then your good..

Yep defensive riding can avoid lots of accidents while on a motorbike but its very hard to behave sometimes. I find if I leave work pissed off I tend to ride home very aggressively and this is when the bad shit happens. Ive also had 2 crashes in the past 2 years coming from from work which is a 3km commute. Also certain times of the day/year can be worse then other times. I find christmas/easter bad with pissed off cagers and after work. Most of the time its the people around you which cause the problems. 2 weeks ago I had a minor crash when a car changed lanes without noticing me so I slammed on the front brakes, locked up and low slided.

I found on my old bike when I had a 110db exhaust on it I never had any near misses anymore but on my new bike it happens all the time especially from people who decide to cut infront of you without any blinkers. I wont ride without full leathers from now on because of the impact protection they provide. Both my accidents I had kevlar jeans on but they just dont cut it even at low speeds.

Sorry to hear about your off hope you get better.

Stach, dont. If your sensible, you will be fine. Ive never come off.

I agree with this in the sense that if your are sensible, you radically reduce your chances of anything going pear shaped - you can't account for everything though. All it takes is one cager to open their door on you, change lanes without looking as you are riding past, etc.

If you can live with that, then giddy up - bikes are awesome. No accidents in ~3 years of commuting in traffic. Wrote bike off being an idiot one night after work, got off lucky.

I'll be back on two wheels as soon as finances allow... but will save the silly stuff for the track.

(Final note: wear your f'ing gear! If it's too hot to gear up it's too hot to ride)

Edit: All it takes is one slip up (this is my old bike post idiocy) -

R11.jpg

R12.jpg

Last edited: