• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fractured Clavicle (with pics)

Thanks guys (& girls). I can't wait to start lifting again. It's been 3 weeks so far. It's like waiting for Christmas when you're 5.

ouch - looks really painful!

hope you get better asap. just make sure you take it slowly coming back from injury..don't want to overdo it and make things worse!

Here's the X-Ray 2.5 weeks after the incident

C9Aqg.jpg

And here's what my shoulder looks like 3 weeks after the incident.

wotXt.jpg

I have surgery in 4 days.

Good luck with the surgery Justy!!

You're going to be just fine. Stay positive and hang in there, allow yourself ample time to heal! You'll be back to it soon enough :)

Jesus thats terrible

The good news is that you seem to be growing a beard. Hopefully the manliness from your beard will assist in your recovery.

Jesus thats terrible

The good news is that you seem to be growing a beard. Hopefully the manliness from your beard will assist in your recovery.

You funny bugger. Yeah, I figured since I don't/can't work for 8-10 weeks since the incident, I may as well give it a go. It's turning out good so far.

I'm currently lying in hospital on north side Brisbane, in my purple night gown & paper underwear waiting for the nurses to take me to the operating room. They'll be taking me away in 20-30 minutes and doping me up on painkillers before they put me to sleep for the operation. I'm also wearing stockings to prevent DVT. I had to shower with a special antiseptic sponge, as well as shaving my chest area around the clavicle.

On a positive note, I ordered as much as I could on the menu for breakfast!

Cheese frittata with bacon & tomato, weetbix, natural muesli, porridge, milk, compote of fruit, fruit yoghurt, croissant, fruit muffin, white bread roll, tea, and an orange juice.

Wish me luck.

I'm currently lying in hospital on north side Brisbane, in my purple night gown & paper underwear waiting for the nurses to take me to the operating room. They'll be taking me away in 20-30 minutes and doping me up on painkillers before they put me to sleep for the operation. I'm also wearing stockings to prevent DVT. I had to shower with a special antiseptic sponge, as well as shaving my chest area around the clavicle.

On a positive note, I ordered as much as I could on the menu for breakfast!

Cheese frittata with bacon & tomato, weetbix, natural muesli, porridge, milk, compote of fruit, fruit yoghurt, croissant, fruit muffin, white bread roll, tea, and an orange juice.

Wish me luck.

Antiseptic soap! :eek: The stockings sound SO sexy!! :D

Good lucky Justy baby!! You're going to be just fine Mr ;)

Lots of love and light and good thoughts and wishes for a speedy gonzales recovery!

Bella xo

Thanks peeps. I've been high on painkillers all night and all day. Breakfast at the hospital was great! Anyway. The bruising from the incident was still there 4 weeks after breaking it (thought you guys may find that interesting).

Post operation - 6 inches of stitches.

p1aJq.jpg

beautiful! 6 stitches!?? That's all!? Awesome Justy!

You are now officially on the mend ;)

Well done!

x

The bruising sounds about right from a broken bone, when I broke my leg (during a pull up :( ) I had bruising and a huge haemotoma for up to 6 weeks after.
Glad you are on the mend :)

beautiful! 6 stitches!?? That's all!? Awesome Justy!

You are now officially on the mend ;)

6 INCHES of stitches, not 6 stitches, and I would disagree that I'm on the mend. Physically & emotionally, I'm far from it.

... So now everything in my life has gone to shit.

I started dating a girl 8 weeks ago, and asked her to be my girlfriend 2 weeks ago. She said yes. 2 weeks in she's decided she's not ready for a relationship. She dumped me on Saturday, the day I came home from my operation.

On Sunday she messaged me saying that she was sorry for being heartless, and then invited me to stay at her place on Sunday. I had extended the invite to my mates gathering to her if she wanted to come along, and she did. I then stayed at her place, in her bed, and I was at her place until 9pm the following night. We just chat on Facebook. She has decided she "doesn't want anyone", and she only wants to focus on her apprenticeship. She did not disagree when I queried about her missing me, thinking about me constantly, before bed/after, and all that. She pretty much agreed she misses me, and thinks about me constantly, but does not want to be in a relationship, and would rather be single. She went on about how I'm the perfect guy the entire time I was with her, yet she's blown me off, saying "can we just be friends?".

I'm extremely torn.

I now have lost the girl I extremely like, being the only suitable girl for a relationship I've found in 2 years, cannot train for another 6 weeks, cannot drive, cannot work, and have all this spare time that I cannot possibly fill without being able to drive places. None of my friends live close enough to be able to make the stretch to spend time with me.

All I'm capable of doing is popping pain killers and drinking alcohol.

I know this is a little fucked up, talking to an Internet forum about my life problems, but I need some friends.

6 INCHES of stitches, not 6 stitches, and I would disagree that I'm on the mend. Physically & emotionally, I'm far from it.

... So now everything in my life has gone to shit.

I started dating a girl 8 weeks ago, and asked her to be my girlfriend 2 weeks ago. She said yes. 2 weeks in she's decided she's not ready for a relationship. She dumped me on Saturday, the day I came home from my operation.

On Sunday she messaged me saying that she was sorry for being heartless, and then invited me to stay at her place on Sunday. I had extended the invite to my mates gathering to her if she wanted to come along, and she did. I then stayed at her place, in her bed, and I was at her place until 9pm the following night. We just chat on Facebook. She has decided she "doesn't want anyone", and she only wants to focus on her apprenticeship. She did not disagree when I queried about her missing me, thinking about me constantly, before bed/after, and all that. She pretty much agreed she misses me, and thinks about me constantly, but does not want to be in a relationship, and would rather be single. She went on about how I'm the perfect guy the entire time I was with her, yet she's blown me off, saying "can we just be friends?".

I'm extremely torn.

I now have lost the girl I extremely like, being the only suitable girl for a relationship I've found in 2 years, cannot train for another 6 weeks, cannot drive, cannot work, and have all this spare time that I cannot possibly fill without being able to drive places. None of my friends live close enough to be able to make the stretch to spend time with me.

All I'm capable of doing is popping pain killers and drinking alcohol.

I know this is a little fucked up, talking to an Internet forum about my life problems, but I need some friends.

Aww honey, you're going to be just fine. 6 inches is now ingrained in my brain (thats what she said!) lol

This girl, whilst you like her and she sounds like you thought she was a catch, if she's saying she just wants to be friends. Then she aint the girl for you Justy, not if you want more.

Love is hard to come by, that's fo sho. But hang in there handsome, you're young and you have all the time in the world, to get serious. I know I sound like an old fart now, but it really is true.

All of your energy and focus should now be on recovery and adequate rest, so your body can heal and be well again. Sure a beautiful girl, would be a nice distraction, but she's made it clear, in a very confusing way, that she just wants to be friends. Take her at her word. If you can be 'just friends' then do that. If you can't...you need to move on.

Easier said than done, I realise.

Justy, it's not abnormal to feel down after surgery, you've had a big operation, but it's going to mean healing for that clavicle and the body and this time, will seem like a blip on the timeline of life down the track.

Stay positive, read beautiful things that inspire you, surround yourself with people who love you and have your best interest at heart. (Someone who dumps you on surgery day, is not a friend, let alone a girlfriend. She managed to make a difficult and scary time in YOUR life, all about her? WTF!) lol

Bella wants to sort her out for you. But I'll refrain, for now! :D

You can vent all you like beautiful boy. Before you know it, you'll be back, lifting again and out and about meeting lots of beautiful young things, who want your body, heart and soul.

Just know that, life stretches out before you...there is time for everything.

There's a quote I've had on the wall of every office I've worked in, from London to Paris to NY to Canada and now in Brisbane....

"Life is full of rocks in our path, that trip us up and at times, lead us to despair and frustration. If only we could take a step back and see, that instead of letting them stop us, we have the power to be able to build something beautiful from them"

Whatever you are, whoever you become and whomever you aim to be....is always, always up to you.

We can't control other people, their feelings or emotions. But you can know that you deserve better and will have better, someday, for yourself.

Concentrate on healing, be kind to yourself and your body. And know that Bella is sending lots of love and light your way :)