• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fractured Clavicle (with pics)

Justy

On Saturday I was training for Tough Mudder (Sydney, September), doing sand dune sprints with my team, and I lost my footing on the way down and landed on my shoulder, fracturing my clavicle. At the moment I can't move my arm, its in a sling, and I'm going back to hospital tomorrow hopefully to arrange surgery. Part of the bone is almost breaking through my skin.

Has anyone else sustained a fracture that's put them out of lifting? Is there any way to help the injury heal faster? Training is my life and passion, so I'm extremely depressed at the moment. Having my clavicle snapped into 3 pieces, I am likely to need surgery, and possibly a metal plate inserted to assist recovery. And yes, I have already been to hospital. They basically told me there was nothing they could do at the given time (Saturday arvo) due to Sunday being Easter, and Monday a public holiday.

scaled.php

scaled.php

injuries suck! You should get good advice from surgeon re rehab stuff. After a certain time of no activity, I'd say they'll send you to a physio to get specific rehab stuff you can do at home. Nutritionally, eat around maintenance cals with a good variety of foods and get adequate protein. Also, I did read that bone broths and stuff like that can be good for collagen regrowth (tendons/ligaments) Plus they taste awesome :p

Looks like it will be lower body only stuff for a while. When my shoulder was mega farked, I was doing squats with a dip belt attached to a bb that was loaded at one end. This worked pretty well for me :)

Damn that's nasty. Anyhow, head up and move on with the recovery process. No one likes an injury but slow and steady and you'll be back in no time.

glad i wasnt the only one who suffered an injury over the long weekend.

Be patient and eat a lot of fish

Sweet. Someone come sponge bath me. After being fitted with a shoulder strap today, I can't do shit.

Has anyone else sustained a fracture that's put them out of lifting? Is there any way to help the injury heal faster? Training is my life and passion, so I'm extremely depressed at the moment. Having my clavicle snapped into 3 pieces, I am likely to need surgery, and possibly a metal plate inserted to assist recovery. And yes, I have already been to hospital. They basically told me there was nothing they could do at the given time (Saturday arvo) due to Sunday being Easter, and Monday a public holiday.

Nothing to make it heal faster. See the orthopod (got private insurance?) and they will be able to fix it up pretty quickly. Doesn't look that bad.

But you will need a decent amount of time off. There isn't much you can do about that. You start again early and you could end up re-breaking it or doing some ligament damage in your shoulder.

Fastest way to heal, relax, eat well. When you can, go running or swimming to keep your fitness up. You will know when you can run, cause it will hurt if you're not ready yet.

Nothing to make it heal faster. See the orthopod (got private insurance?) and they will be able to fix it up pretty quickly. Doesn't look that bad.

But you will need a decent amount of time off. There isn't much you can do about that. You start again early and you could end up re-breaking it or doing some ligament damage in your shoulder.

Fastest way to heal, relax, eat well. When you can, go running or swimming to keep your fitness up. You will know when you can run, cause it will hurt if you're not ready yet.

Haha this is off topic but i saw your name on the main page and couldn't help but laugh. Did you get it off MXC?

Where has Justy gone? I need to give him a Bella technilogical hug and check in on him..................:)

Where has Justy gone? I need to give him a Bella technilogical hug and check in on him..................:)

Thanks Bella. Surgery in 2 weeks. Turns out my clavicle isn't broken in 3 pieces, it's broken in 4. Surgeon says I'll be able to lift the same weight as prior to the accident 3 months after the operation, & able to start lifting light weights 6 weeks in. Going to have a 6-inch scar, and permanent numbness in the area of surgery.

Thanks Bella. Surgery in 2 weeks. Turns out my clavicle isn't broken in 3 pieces, it's broken in 4. Surgeon says I'll be able to lift the same weight as prior to the accident 3 months after the operation, & able to start lifting light weights 6 weeks in. Going to have a 6-inch scar, and permanent numbness in the area of surgery.

Nawww chin up lovely lad!!! Nothing is assured in life, you will be fine & you WILL lift again. Of that, I am certain ;)

Big hugs for you, stay positive!

I'm a tap of the finger away :)

Ouch dude! That looks so painful.

I went into the ED last weekend fearing a similar injury, Luckily nothing was broken. Was just a AC Joint sprain/tear but I've been in a sling all week and I know the frustration!

Was also out for 6 months in 2010 after a knee injury and while your keen to get back into it, you just need to focus on resting and getting fixed properly.

When you do finally get back into everything you love, it just feels so much better then it ever did before! Rest - find new hobby for the mean time - come back at it with a whole new outlook on life :)

Ouch dude! That looks so painful.

I went into the ED last weekend fearing a similar injury, Luckily nothing was broken. Was just a AC Joint sprain/tear but I've been in a sling all week and I know the frustration!

Was also out for 6 months in 2010 after a knee injury and while your keen to get back into it, you just need to focus on resting and getting fixed properly.

When you do finally get back into everything you love, it just feels so much better then it ever did before! Rest - find new hobby for the mean time - come back at it with a whole new outlook on life :)

This is sensationsl advice! :)

Hang in there Justy. Stay strong mentally. Remain positive. Love your body enough to allow it the time it needs, to fully heal :)

You'll be lifting again soon enough :)