• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fractured Clavicle (with pics)

Aww honey, you're going to be just fine. 6 inches is now ingrained in my brain (thats what she said!) lol

This girl, whilst you like her and she sounds like you thought she was a catch, if she's saying she just wants to be friends. Then she aint the girl for you Justy, not if you want more.

Love is hard to come by, that's fo sho. But hang in there handsome, you're young and you have all the time in the world, to get serious. I know I sound like an old fart now, but it really is true.

All of your energy and focus should now be on recovery and adequate rest, so your body can heal and be well again. Sure a beautiful girl, would be a nice distraction, but she's made it clear, in a very confusing way, that she just wants to be friends. Take her at her word. If you can be 'just friends' then do that. If you can't...you need to move on.

Easier said than done, I realise.

Justy, it's not abnormal to feel down after surgery, you've had a big operation, but it's going to mean healing for that clavicle and the body and this time, will seem like a blip on the timeline of life down the track.

Stay positive, read beautiful things that inspire you, surround yourself with people who love you and have your best interest at heart. (Someone who dumps you on surgery day, is not a friend, let alone a girlfriend. She managed to make a difficult and scary time in YOUR life, all about her? WTF!) lol

Bella wants to sort her out for you. But I'll refrain, for now! :D

You can vent all you like beautiful boy. Before you know it, you'll be back, lifting again and out and about meeting lots of beautiful young things, who want your body, heart and soul.

Just know that, life stretches out before you...there is time for everything.

There's a quote I've had on the wall of every office I've worked in, from London to Paris to NY to Canada and now in Brisbane....

"Life is full of rocks in our path, that trip us up and at times, lead us to despair and frustration. If only we could take a step back and see, that instead of letting them stop us, we have the power to be able to build something beautiful from them"

Whatever you are, whoever you become and whomever you aim to be....is always, always up to you.

We can't control other people, their feelings or emotions. But you can know that you deserve better and will have better, someday, for yourself.

Concentrate on healing, be kind to yourself and your body. And know that Bella is sending lots of love and light your way :)

I never really thought about it like that, involving surgery day...

Thank you for the PM, it was quite interesting.

Dude with scars? I'll be your friend :D

Although I've seen you around the forums plenty, and I think you've posted on my other threads, or in reply to me, I never realised up until this comment that you were actually a female. Mind. Blown.

Broken clavicle getting most attention from 3 female members. Interesting.

I did something tonight, something I haven't done for a long long long time. I met a random. I posted on my Facebook "I need a distraction. Someone to hang out with, someone to keep me busy." There's been this guy I've been chatting to on Facebook recently, since he & his gf broke up a few weeks ago. We were chatting & all was good, then I just got dumped. He offered to hang out with me tonight, so he came & picked me up from Wellington Point to Browns Plains, & drove me to Maccas. I shouted him a few burgers, and we sat there & just chat about random crap. From gym, to games, to girls, to the current issues, to cars... Everything was good. I made a new friend tonight, and he's now my man-date to a party on Saturday night.

Although, I know this feeling will wear off by the morning. I need more new-friends to hang out with hah. I'm 21, and live on Southside Brisbane, any takers?

I never really thought about it like that, involving surgery day...

Thank you for the PM, it was quite interesting.

Although I've seen you around the forums plenty, and I think you've posted on my other threads, or in reply to me, I never realised up until this comment that you were actually a female. Mind. Blown.

Broken clavicle getting most attention from 3 female members. Interesting.

I did something tonight, something I haven't done for a long long long time. I met a random. I posted on my Facebook "I need a distraction. Someone to hang out with, someone to keep me busy." There's been this guy I've been chatting to on Facebook recently, since he & his gf broke up a few weeks ago. We were chatting & all was good, then I just got dumped. He offered to hang out with me tonight, so he came & picked me up from Wellington Point to Browns Plains, & drove me to Maccas. I shouted him a few burgers, and we sat there & just chat about random crap. From gym, to games, to girls, to the current issues, to cars... Everything was good. I made a new friend tonight, and he's now my man-date to a party on Saturday night.

Although, I know this feeling will wear off by the morning. I need more new-friends to hang out with hah. I'm 21, and live on Southside Brisbane, any takers?

lol You go...the beginning of a bro-mance!? :eek: Not quite what I was expecting! lolol

I'm in New Farm....but I'm old Justy. You're always welcome over this side of town ;)

Go forth, and make friends my son.
lol

lol You go...the beginning of a bro-mance!? :eek: Not quite what I was expecting! lolol

I'm in New Farm....but I'm old Justy. You're always welcome over this side of town ;)

Go forth, and make friends my son.
lol

Yes mum.

Old? You surely can't be that old. And New Farm, not exactly sure where that is off the top of my head, but I can't drive anyway...

Anyway. Here's an update on how things are going. Still depressed as fuck. Same issues still going on.

I got my first X-Ray done a couple of days ago. 1 plate with 13 screws.

gy5k7.jpg

And here's the scar thus far as of the 13/05/2012

KzoHs.jpg

Anyway. Here's an update on how things are going. Still depressed as fuck. Same issues still going on.

I got my first X-Ray done a couple of days ago. 1 plate with 13 screws.

gy5k7.jpg

And here's the scar thus far as of the 13/05/2012

KzoHs.jpg

hey man i have looked a lot for people that love to work out and have broken there clavicle and needed surgery and now i finally found someone who has went though with the surgery. i was just wondering how its going now if your back to working out and if theres any probems you can tell me about? i broke my clavicle in april this year and it didnt heal now iam getting surgery and i just wanted to know how your doing seeing that your a couple of months ahead of where iam at any info would be awesome. i just wanna get back to the gym this time off has been so rough :S

I'm 15 months post fracture 4 months post surgery and still can't squat at all or pull heavy often
No benching, just light rows, laterals etc atm

I'm 15 months post fracture 4 months post surgery and still can't squat at all or pull heavy often
No benching, just light rows, laterals etc atm

awe man thats a long time out i feel for you :( what made you wait so long for surgery? where you lifting at all in the 11 months before the surgery?

It took that long to work out it was a fracture lol

And yeah I was lifting on and off in that time

I found in the end I could probably training on and off every fortnight without too much hassle but more than that would aggravate it

Squats/deads were fine pre-surgery though

I found in the end I could probably training on and off every fortnight without too much hassle but more than that would aggravate it

are you happy about going though with the surgery? iam just wondering because i can do curls and a few push ups and iam worried about it being worse after when you say you cant do chest is it because the doctor hasnt cleared you are because when you try you get pain?

Hang in there you'll get back to training soon enough!

Keep positive , eat healthy , keep exercising, take sups if needed especially calcium and heal up .

Call that a scar ?

Thats nothing , just a very minor scratch :p

acupuncture is great at healing up minor scars like that and helping reduce the thickness of it

That is a sick looking X-Ray. You should thank your lucky stars your single because having an injury is the absolute best time to pick up chicks. For some reason chicks dig injuries and it's a great conversation starter.

iam just wondering if your glad you had the surgery or would of you left it now that you how it feels wondering because iam going into surgery on the 26th and iam not sure if the risk is worth it like right now i can do curls legs light light shoulders like 20# and super super light chest