• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fortus adelaide

mmm just saw the results a few bombs there any way great lifting shane ,aaron and the raw lifters see the big chief was reff . I donot no about you people out there but the new weight classes are going to take a while for a old fart like myself to get use to cheers and good lifting

I noticed that too Senator, an unusual amount of missed lifts in the equipped section with 17 out of 36 attempts missed.

What makes this even more unusual is that Shane went 9 for 9. Take him out and we have 17 out of 27 missed attempts.

Good on you 8 for getting out there and competing, well done.

And good on Minh and Gawain for driving all that way to support powerlifting in SA

Ben's gym is quality
Watch out for the sub jnr christos
56kg something like 150,100,170 first comp
Don't quote me on numbers
But will be a no 1 jnr if he keeps at it

Thanks gawain for a halarious road trip
And thanks for not pumping up the tires
We made it to 180km per hour on 10psi tires and 500kg of weight in the car

just for the record

i pumped up the tired for gawain before we left adelaide

he did not think it was appropriate to do the same for my leg of the journey

front left 18
rear left 14
front right 10
rear right 12

i had all of his on 32 PSI

dodgy bastard!!!

did I mention we here carting protein and a 200kg eleiko rack on the way up too

your 5kg weight gain from subway and maccas hardly balances things out

Kristos is 16, only been training seriously for the last 6 - 9 months, so still has a long way to go

I noticed that too Senator, an unusual amount of missed lifts in the equipped section with 17 out of 36 attempts missed.

What makes this even more unusual is that Shane went 9 for 9. Take him out and we have 17 out of 27 missed attempts.

Good on you 8 for getting out there and competing, well done.

And good on Minh and Gawain for driving all that way to support powerlifting in SA
Wasnt there too see what was going on with all the BMBs maybe someone can fill us in i would say depth on the squat and pause on the bench :confused: cheers

Kristos is 16, only been training seriously for the last 6 - 9 months, so still has a long way to go
Havent seen the lad but at 16 and under 60kg thats strong with a few more years and filling out i would say he will have a very good future in power sports and shanes 150 bench thats awesome :)

Wasnt there too see what was going on with all the BMBs maybe someone can fill us in i would say depth on the squat and pause on the bench :confused: cheers

from memory one bomb was because of wrist wraps on an easy squat

one was an early rack

one was just too heavy

wasn't that bad in person

only real equipment problem was steve littles bench to my knowledge

aaron hawkins improved and took out best lifter

I thought a bomb was 3 missed attempts

Are you telling us one lifter fucked up his squat 3 times due to wrist wraps, and one racked the bar early on 3 consecutive attempts

Nearly as ficticious as Kristos lifts Minh, were you even there?

You hit the nail on the head PTC 3 BMB lifters in the geared and plenty missed attempts o well thats powerlifting .KEEP IT SIMPLE RAW RULES cheers

Wilks was a real strict but good judge. I got red lighted for having my wrist wrap around my thumb when squatting!

I thought a bomb was 3 missed attempts

Are you telling us one lifter fucked up his squat 3 times due to wrist wraps, and one racked the bar early on 3 consecutive attempts

Nearly as ficticious as Kristos lifts Minh, were you even there?

carl bombed because his easy squat he left this thumb wrap thing on
missed the two hard ones

tyler missed his first easy because he racked before rack and missed the last 2

i was there but there are no pictures of me
just gawain, he is half Asian and he ate me on the way up

carl bombed because his easy squat he left this thumb wrap thing on
missed the two hard ones

tyler missed his first easy because he racked before rack and missed the last 2

i was there but there are no pictures of me
just gawain, he is half Asian and he ate me on the way up

Is the 1/2 Asian part Panda DNA? That man is a monster.

I think they dinged me for double starting on the first one. It was easy but I know I stopped at the bottom to dip a little more. Maybe that was it.

My 2nd at 280 my head just wasnt in it. I had hit it a few times in training (1st cycle with a squat suit was for this comp) and was really wanting 300!

My 3rd at 280 went up real easy but they dinged me for depth. The video is iffy. The judging WAS very strict but thats a good thing I guess hey? check out some videos here if you are bored and want to see me nearly shart myself: YouTube - HARNETT's Channel

The early rack you speak of was my first ever 200kg bench! I had it locked out and racked it before Wilks called it. Rookie mistake. Pretty dumb.

And as per usual, my deadlifts sucked. I thought I had the 3rd locked out but I am biased as well, it was me lifting it (ha).

It was pretty awesome to have this at our gym.

Oh ya this thread is about Fortus not me haha! The gym rules. Lots of strong guys. Member cunniff1981 is there saturdays overhead pressing like a madman, the young guys are awesome and VERY inspiring to be around (great attitudes), one of the owners Ben (ftg on here) is a squat machine and Steve L toys with benches that would be my 1rm...

If you are in Adelaide and want to grow chest hair make sure you sign up!!!

Last edited: