• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Force USA Power Rack

On my F-PC i use band pegs to store standard plates. I have put them in places which do not interfere with the holes i use for the safety bars.

Works well

For the dip bars are the screws meant to hit the safety or go completely under? Mine are hitting the bottom of the safety and are going under slightly. This isn't giving it a solid lock. So when doing dips I find the handles wobble and go outwards. So rather than the dip bar sitting nicely and flush against both safety's only the outer edge of the frame is sitting on the safety's which is causing it to wobble outwards. Is this happening to anyone else?

Also I am finding that the cables for the lat pull down attachment are beginning to flake. Ive only had the rack for about a month. Is this normal?

Thanks.

So rather than the dip bar sitting nicely and flush against both safety's only the outer edge of the frame is sitting on the safety's which is causing it to wobble outwards. Is this happening to anyone else?

Good question because I was wondering the same thing.

Its stable enough but has slight wobble.

I've just finished putting together a brand new Force USA commercial rack from GymandFitness.

Unfortunately it must be an old model as the width is too wide, the outsides of the uprights are 130cm apart, the jhooks stick out another couple of mm.
An olympic bar is 132cm between the collars, making the rack bloody useless as the plates clang against the uprights when walking out.

I'm be asking for a replacement tomorrow when G&F open, will update with progress.

if not steer clear of this rack as unless you do all your squats with a extra wide bar like a Texas Squat or Mastodon bar the Rack is not suitable.
I have an Eleiko and Texas power bar and as it is the rack can't be used for squats.

Attachments

• IMG_0221.jpg
    IMG_0221.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
The brand new rack I received doesn't look like the photos on gymandfitness website

Commercial Power Rack

all the jhooks and safety catches on mine are grey, no nylon coating on jhooks.
The chin-up bar is black which is better than silver

I've just finished putting together a brand new Force USA commercial rack from GymandFitness.

Unfortunately it must be an old model as the width is too wide, the outsides of the uprights are 130cm apart, the jhooks stick out another couple of mm.
An olympic bar is 132cm between the collars, making the rack bloody useless as the plates clang against the uprights when walking out.

I'm be asking for a replacement tomorrow when G&F open, will update with progress.

if not steer clear of this rack as unless you do all your squats with a extra wide bar like a Texas Squat or Mastodon bar the Rack is not suitable.
I have an Eleiko and Texas power bar and as it is the rack can't be used for squats.

As far as I know all the Commercial Racks are the same, there is no "newer" model that isn't made to the 1290mm width specs. The F-PC non commercial rack has a 1220mm version out now.

I have a ABC bar with Trap bar collars for my rack which although gives me smalles collars it gives me 50mm more clearance each side (same size between the collars as a Mastodon).

Another option is you can make you're own monolift attachment for it with some half decent welding skills, BMS 25mm rounds and some 25mm x 25mm square steel bars. Or get a local fab shop to do it. Only problem is that if you make them solid the height is not adjustable

Been speaking to Jamie at GymandFitness. The new commercial racks are narrower so looks like I got an old model from the queensland warehouse. Jamie is working on a fix for me, will update once I have sorted.

If they can replace the crossbeams to the narrower version, that would be the simplest fix, provided they are compatible.

Hi all,

We got an update a few months ago that the width of the F-CPR Force commercial rack had been decreased by 7cm at the same time the width on the F-PC rack was decreased.

The crossmembers and chin-bar will need to be replaced with the skinner ones - all other components on this rack (AFAIK) were unchanged with the new model.

update after calling GymandFitness to chas this morning.
Have to wait 7-8 weeks for new parts to arrive. :(

The trap bar I received was also nothing like the one on the gymandfitness website.
Still waiting for them to read my email and see the photos I provided.

will think twice next time I order equipment

Just had a chat to the lads and looks like things are getting fixed for you?

As far as I know all the Commercial Racks are the same, there is no "newer" model that isn't made to the 1290mm width specs.

There is a newer model but there are still many old models out there also.

Still waiting for them to read my email and see the photos I provided

Feel free to PM me your email and I'll take a look straight away.

7-8 weeks is a bit rich. I can order gear from the USA and have it here in just over a week.

Unforunately it isn't coming from the USA :( we are doing what we can to fix the issue as soon as we can.

still no response to my email, I've been in touch with Forceusa distributor on Facebook, hopefully they can speed things up

Here's some photos of the trapbar I received.
It was sent direct ( with the rack ) from ForceUSA's distributor in Brisbane.
The main problem is there is only 25cm of room on the sleeves to add plates.

here's what I ordered
Force USA Olympic Hex Trap Barbell

The trap bar I received is not on either Gymandfitness or Australianfitnesssupplies website.

I've previously had good service from Gymandfitness when I purchased a Texas power bar, and Force USA commercial flat bench, both of which are great

Attachments

• IMG_0228.jpg
    IMG_0228.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0226.jpg
    IMG_0226.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
That trap bar looks horrible PerthMac! Sleeves would barely fit 3 plates. Not sure about the handles either, and definitely different to the product shown in photo and video.

update, after calling this morning Joe at GymandFitness has offered to pickup and credit the trap bar.
I asked for a replacement of the model I actually ordered, but was informed that the pictures on G&F website, and australianfitness supplies are an old model.

I would be very wary of ordering a Force USA trap bar from any australian distributor
as the new model has very short sleeves.