• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Force USA Power Rack

Guys, as far as shaking goes, my MM commercial power rack does not budge - ever. It is not bolted down, just sitting on 5mm rubber and we keep the weights on the side pegs (320kg).

I weigh about 110kg and my training partner would be about 90kg. We are not pulling weights when we do chins or pull-ups, but i still doubt it would move. There is no flex at the joints and we made sure all was square and properly jointed when we assembled (always remember with bolted multi axis stuff to start all bolts and then tighten evenly with respect to your floor).

The rack and weights mean there is 500kg+ holding it in position and as long as your force is within the confines of the structure (do not push from outside the rack) it really should not go far.

It would appear that there are better racks out there than the MMCPR but i think you would have to be moving an awful lot of weight for it to ever be a problem.

I have not used a Force USA commercial rack, but if you loaded weights onto it's pegs I would expect similar performance as it appears to be of a similar base construction.

Last edited:
Are your racks a bit 'shaky' when doing various non bench exercises eg chin-ups, dips (I have the handles on the inside), cable curls (I have the lat pull down attachment) etc. Even when shaking the cage it does move not a lot but still a fair bit. I've tightened each bolt as hard as I could. Mines not bolted into the ground which I'm thinking may be part of the issue. Is this the norm for this cage?

My F-PC rack does flex slightly when doing chinups. I weigh 90 kg and when I take my weight off the floor I do feel the chinup bar flex slightly - maybe a few millimetres or so. Dips feel very solid to me but there is some rattling from the J-hooks when I struggle on the last couple. I don't do cable curls but I imagine they would move the rack a bit since you are lifting upwards and therefore reducing the dead load from the rack and weights.

This rack is really for the home gym and non professional lifter. Here is a clip of the older version MMPR for dips which seems to move a bit - but it is still solid wrt safety https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zisVtafP-V4

My F-PC rack doesn't move this much but there is some flex and some rattles. The steel sections in the rack are 3mm thick so they will flex.

Edit: Another con for the F-PC rack is that the knurling on the chinup bar is pitiful. Not a huge deal for me - but definitely not what they advertised (which was deep knurling). And tools are not provided for assembly as suggested on their website. But I am still happy with my purchase for the price.

Last edited:
My F-PC rack does flex slightly when doing chinups. I weigh 90 kg and when I take my weight off the floor I do feel the chinup bar flex slightly - maybe a few millimetres or so. Dips feel very solid to me but there is some rattling from the J-hooks when I struggle on the last couple. I don't do cable curls but I imagine they would move the rack a bit since you are lifting upwards and therefore reducing the dead load from the rack and weights.

This rack is really for the home gym and non professional lifter. Here is a clip of the older version MMPR for dips which seems to move a bit - but it is still solid wrt safety https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zisVtafP-V4

My F-PC rack doesn't move this much but there is some flex and some rattles. The steel sections in the rack are 3mm thick so they will flex.

Edit: Another con for the F-PC rack is that the knurling on the chinup bar is pitiful. Not a huge deal for me - but definitely not what they advertised (which was deep knurling). And tools are not provided for assembly as suggested on their website. But I am still happy with my purchase for the price.

I thought they were 2mm thick? I'm highly considering getting this rack because it looks like a solid rack. Are there any other cons with it?

Also how much did you get it for?

I thought they were 2mm thick? I'm highly considering getting this rack because it looks like a solid rack. Are there any other cons with it?

Also how much did you get it for?

Sorry, you're right it is 2 mm thick - I was confusing it with the commercial versions which are 3 mm thick. I'm getting a bit dyslexic lately I think.

For me it was the best deal mainly because of freight costs, but I think it is an excellent rack for it's category regardless. It has closest hole spacing, massive clearance from the bottom cross member for racking squats, lots of add ons (lat, pec, cable cross over), gusset plates at the bolted joints, and it is cheap.

I paid $1150 (delivered) for the rack with lat pull down unit, 200 kg of plates, and a cheap china bar - I already had a bench. I saw someone else got it for about $100 less than I paid, I think they offered $950 + delivery costs so about $1050.

There is another round going here POWER RACK CAGE SQUAT STAND W/ LAT PULL DOWN + 200KG BARBELL WEIGHT SET + GYM | eBay

Do the math and compare it to the LC2 and MMPR deals with freight to your area. I'm pretty happy with the F-PC, it was cheap and good quality.

The only other hiccup was one of the pulley wheels for the lat pull down was faulty, but I contacted G&F and they sent a replacement within the week.

Last edited:
So purely on commercial models.... has anybody had real experience with a range.. ie

the Muscle motion commercial, the new model Force USA Commercial, the cyber fit welded rack?, the Bolid solid club rack....?

At this point once i've got the space, i think i'm tending to the Force USA...

So purely on commercial models.... has anybody had real experience with a range.. ie

the Muscle motion commercial, the new model Force USA Commercial, the cyber fit welded rack?, the Bolid solid club rack....?

Based entirely on aesthetics and my personal prefernce, the muscle motion commercial one would be the one that I would go any tim eof the day.

If your talking about the cyberfit welded one, I think that one is okay if space is a issue as it has no storage racks on it. But cybermarket has a sweet one as well, HD3 Power rack Full Commercial with Band Hooks | HD3 | Cyberfit Gym Equipment however theres no actualy photo of it only the design pritns of it.

2013_02_19_07_40_23.jpg

2013_02_19_07_40_28.jpg

Apologies for the shit images. Didn't realize they were so bad when they were on my phone. Also i probably should have resized. lol.

Basically i have no problems with this rack. Easy enough set up, and it seems quite solid.

The rack did move backwards when i was re-racking weights, but then (as most people online have recommended) i placed band begs at the front base, and loaded up ~80kg per leg. It no longer moves. Did 5 sets of bench with 120, the rack didn't budge.

I like the close spacings, makes it easy to find the right height. One small annoyance I've noticed with it, is that all the J-hooks are identical. This means that on the side further away in the image, that hook wants to swing out when i re rack, where as on the side closest to it, when it tries to swing out it cant because the metal is on the inside of the rack.... If any of that made sense.

There are stickers to indicate the hole number, these were pretty damaged, but i put a request in with Graeme at littleblokefitness to have them replaced, and he is forwarding it through to forceUSA.

This rack isn't the best that i have used. But as one for the home gym setting, (and especially given my very limited space) it far exceeds requirements. I'm happy with my purchase.

]

Apologies for the shit images. Didn't realize they were so bad when they were on my phone. Also i probably should have resized. lol.

Basically i have no problems with this rack. Easy enough set up, and it seems quite solid.

The rack did move backwards when i was re-racking weights, but then (as most people online have recommended) i placed band begs at the front base, and loaded up ~80kg per leg. It no longer moves. Did 5 sets of bench with 120, the rack didn't budge.

I like the close spacings, makes it easy to find the right height. One small annoyance I've noticed with it, is that all the J-hooks are identical. This means that on the side further away in the image, that hook wants to swing out when i re rack, where as on the side closest to it, when it tries to swing out it cant because the metal is on the inside of the rack.... If any of that made sense.

There are stickers to indicate the hole number, these were pretty damaged, but i put a request in with Graeme at littleblokefitness to have them replaced, and he is forwarding it through to forceUSA.

This rack isn't the best that i have used. But as one for the home gym setting, (and especially given my very limited space) it far exceeds requirements. I'm happy with my purchase.

Haha, the images are fine! Just makes the space the rack is in look a bit tight.

Ahh yes, I get the J hook thing, so basically theres no left or right one but both of them attach the same way on the left and right post.

What barbell is that? Looks like a black one, looks great! Also how is the bench, thats the commercial one right?

Last edited:
Bench is fine. No complaints yet. Easy enough to set up on. Doesn't move when i try and set up. The wheels are a nice touch, but for me is a bit unnecessary, due to the limited space i cant use the wheels effectively end its easier for me to simply pick the bench up.

The space the rack is in is tight. Can't get a full image, those are taken through the doorway. But its the only space in the house that isnt the main living area that has concrete floor, so that is what i have to deal with.
The room is a massive 3.4mx2.4m or something on those lines!

Bar is an ABC BOP220 with cheese grater knurling

just bought it from gym and fitness ( with the lat pulldown and 200kg weights)
just wondering how much weight the pull down can take? do they use Olympic sized plates?

The lat pull-down is rated to 800lb (360kg), it would be scary if you were pulling that kind of weight! :p

"Accepts standard and Olympic size weight plates."

For me it was the best deal mainly because of freight costs...

The only other hiccup was one of the pulley wheels for the lat pull down was faulty, but I contacted G&F and they sent a replacement within the week.

We've got multiple warehouse locations and we do send huge amounts of equipment so we get pretty good rates with the freight companies :)

Occasionally there are hiccups but things get fixed fast around here!

I'm a bit biased because we don't sell the MMCPR but I love using the F-CPR, I weigh in at over 110kg and the F-CPR is one solid unit!

hmm i see your point.
No rating + space you can fit weights on is limited.
Also, you do lose holes where you could put your safety bars onto.

Each band peg must be good for over 100kg though as large bands typically go to the 200lb force mark.

The lat pull-down is rated to 800lb (360kg), it would be scary if you were pulling that kind of weight! :p

"Accepts standard and Olympic size weight plates."

The one thing I've noticed is that the lat pull attachment to the F-PC is much more difficult compared to a regular lat pulldown at a commercial gym. I used to use 100kg on mine and I'd say it would be equivolent to 280lbs+. For reference my best bw nuetral grip chins is 22 at 93kg.

Also using the high attachment for facepulls is not recommended. The cable rubs against the bracket and will eventually wear out.

if they would be suitable for holding some weight that would be great!

Buy some 25mm BMS rounds, they are the right size to fit in the pin holes and band attachment holes. I bought a few metres because my DB's only go up to 65kg so I use a 700mm piece for that, and use 2 x 1.2m pieces for extra spotting pins that I can hang bands from.