• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Food on a budget

Just kill your own, can't be cheaper than that, most around here do it only for dog meat have never heard anyone mention they eat it themselves.

I tried it many years ago, also killed my own, have never bought it, that would be like buying water, just dumb, when it just comes out of a tap for pretty much next to nothing.

Good for you mick.

Well you can buy a live animal but your going to have to get someone to butcher it. It will depend on the size of the animal you buy obviously.

Most butchers around here will do a side of beef (usually 80-120kg) I've got it for as low as $3kg not long ago all cut up and packaged. I would go that way over buying the animal of a farmer and organizing to get it butchered. Plus I don't think you would end up getting it any cheaper than bulk of a butcher.

To answer your question. I got 200kg of beef pretty easily into my smaller 300 and something liter upright freezer.

Champion. Thanks for that.

Just kill your own, can't be cheaper than that, most around here do it only for dog meat have never heard anyone mention they eat it themselves.

I tried it many years ago, also killed my own, have never bought it, that would be like buying water, just dumb, when it just comes out of a tap for pretty much next to nothing.

Please. Roo is great eating. Lower in calories if you watching that shit, and tastes great when cooked correctly.

Its good lean protein man. My dog loves it. I love it more, so she doesnt get much of it. ;)

Better than chicken really. ;)

But the prices are now Stupid. I used to buy it for 3 or 4 bucks per kg, now its like 14 bux. WTF.
my local butchers cuts me a deal. (pun intended). only way i can bring myself to buy it.

Back on topic.

Tuna.
Roo (when it was cheap and chearful).
Rump. Had a cheap source.
Bulk vege's from the markets. i worked there so for 20 bux i could get about 100 bux worth of stuff. Good stuff too, not shit that goes off in a day or 2. Would last me weeks.

Butchers used to give away the lamb shank.
having said that, that, soup mix and veg in a pot makes a great meal, that'll feed you for weeks, makes for great farts.

Please. Roo is great eating. Lower in calories if you watching that shit, and tastes great when cooked correctly.

Its good lean protein man. My dog loves it. I love it more, so she doesnt get much of it. ;)

Better than chicken really. ;)

But the prices are now Stupid. I used to buy it for 3 or 4 bucks per kg, now its like 14 bux. WTF.
my local butchers cuts me a deal. (pun intended). only way i can bring myself to buy it.

Back on topic.

Tuna.
Roo (when it was cheap and chearful).
Rump. Had a cheap source.
Bulk vege's from the markets. i worked there so for 20 bux i could get about 100 bux worth of stuff. Good stuff too, not shit that goes off in a day or 2. Would last me weeks.

Just can not stomach the taste, and seeing rotting carcasses on the side of the road daily probably does not help my perception, I probably average 1-2 per month that I run over, they are that thick out here it's not funny, and the roo shooters are complaining that they don't get enough money for the meat and that it hardly covers diesel and bullets, with a few giving it away, so not too sure why it costs so much, it's just a natural resource, that is breeding out of control.

I remember American style pork ribs used to be $1.99 per kilo not that long ago, then they became trendy and they are now between $19 and $24 per kilo.

I too wish for a return of the time when lamb shanks aren't considered a delicacy but a nuisance. I got charged for $8.50 a shank yesterday cause I was craving a nice shank stew.

It was sold as 'frenched shanks'. Good grief, I wonder how much more it would cost if it was 'greeked'.

Interesting you say that about commercial roo shooting Mick - I was talking to one the other day who reckoned there was still decent money in it, at least down here. It's about $9/kg for mince/sausages/rissoles or $14 for steak. Unfortunately I can't cook roo steak any other way than turning it into leather lol.

#bozodos;

Medium rare to rare brother!
2 minutes per side on the bbq. Or less. Hard to fuck it up.

Yep, like venison and all the other gamey meats, it needs to be fairly rare. And give it plenty of time to rest or it will bleed like a mofo when you cut in to it

I can go with some horse casserole, it's got a nice and rich flavour, had me fooled thinking it was beef first time I had it.