• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I am a bit sick of always only having the one flavour of whey, but last time I had two different tubs one of them ended up tasting stale before I finished it. I was thinking of getting some natural whey and flavouring it separately - there are times where I would just use it plain.

Aside from buying the protein flavourings from bulk nutrients or flavouring with cacao and stevia, does anyone have any other suggestions or experiences?

i only ever buy unflavoured whey, casein etc.
I add raw cacao, vanilla, cinnamon, natural almond extract, natural peppermint extract, any natural extract I like.
I have even added licorice extract (tastes much better than licorice candy).
I've even added some toffee flavoured stevia drops you can get online from Pure Nutrition.

Aside from that, I've added lucuma, maca, or mesquite powders, freeze dried fruit I've pulverised, that kind of thing.

You can sweeten it with stevia or whatever you like.

It's much better as you don't get sick of any one flavour and you can control what goes into your protein.

Yeh I was thinking a combo of vanilla essence and a dash of Cinnamon with a squeeze of lemon juice.

I've never had unflavoured protein powder, so don't really know what it tastes like. I wonder how strong the standard flavour of protein powder is :confused:

Unflavoured protein (if it's a good quality one) actually tastes really good. It's kinda naturally sweet too. I'll never buy flavoured proteins with spakfiller every again.

I am a bit sick of always only having the one flavour of whey, but last time I had two different tubs one of them ended up tasting stale before I finished it. I was thinking of getting some natural whey and flavouring it separately - there are times where I would just use it plain.

Aside from buying the protein flavourings from bulk nutrients or flavouring with cacao and stevia, does anyone have any other suggestions or experiences?

This all comes down to how concerned you are about carb content.
If that isn' a problem (if you are bulking or a natural ecto) then you could get exotic adding honey, fruit and all kinds of delicious tasting ingredients.

Unfortunately though, to acquire the level of "sweetness" that the average person demands we are usually talking about a huge amount of carbs, in fact to get bulking products up to the ideal level, many companies include about 50% dextrose.

This all comes down to how concerned you are about carb content.
If that isn' a problem (if you are bulking or a natural ecto) then you could get exotic adding honey, fruit and all kinds of delicious tasting ingredients.

Unfortunately though, to acquire the level of "sweetness" that the average person demands we are usually talking about a huge amount of carbs, in fact to get bulking products up to the ideal level, many companies include about 50% dextrose.

I do try to limit carbs, so that would be a concern. I'd be using low carb/artificial sweeteners.

I smelt the choc mint flav last night and it honestly smells like vicks so maybe stay away from that flav...my mate said the rest are great tho!

I have to disagree with this post... the choc mint is one of the best flavours i've tasted, with milk.

If you plan on drinking it with milk, give it a go. Can't really explain the taste other than it's minty chocolate lol, search the forums i believe Fadi did a good review.

I have to disagree with this post... the choc mint is one of the best flavours i've tasted, with milk.

If you plan on drinking it with milk, give it a go. Can't really explain the taste other than it's minty chocolate lol, search the forums i believe Fadi did a good review.

Does it smell like vicks??? maybe its a bad batch...

The choc mint I have from no bull supps smells very minty when I open the container I keep it in, but tastes ok with milk

mmmm this stuff just smelt like sticking your head under a towl and sniffing vicks in boiling water lol....might have to get my mate to follow this up...

Does it smell like vicks??? maybe its a bad batch...

I ran out a while ago, but I don't recall it smelling like vicks lol.
It did have a strong mint smell and tasted great, just like a nice choc protein but with a slight mint aftertaste.

Why didn't I try natural whey sooner? It's great! So versatile and I much prefer to be able to control the flavour and ingredients of my protein powder.

yeah i have been using the Natural flavour for the past year or so and find it much better as you can add whatever flavouring you want, there are a couple of supp companies who sell the flavouring seperatly, not sure it was mentioned in the previous pages of this thread, sorry been too lazy to go back and read it all.

Power supplements have awesome tasting protein, and you can buy it in different flavors. They use stevia to sweeten it as well, honestly they have the best tasting protein I have ever had. The only problem for me is it gave me the runs big time, thats not to say it will for everyone, as I have a stomach that hates me.

If you wanted to get some samples from them I would recommend it, the choc orange and chock mint flavors were seriously kick ass.

I also use cadbury chocolate flavoring, its strong and only 100cals per serv and that is a strong serve. You could probably half it and still have a great taste, I use it with milk powder though not protein.

I use Professional Whey unflavoured NZ WPI, micellar casein and the hydrolysed WPI.
They're all fantastic. They also now have a naturally flavoured range sweetened with stevia.
Good quality as they are ultrafiltered as well as tasting great.