• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Persistenttiger

I am a bit sick of always only having the one flavour of whey, but last time I had two different tubs one of them ended up tasting stale before I finished it. I was thinking of getting some natural whey and flavouring it separately - there are times where I would just use it plain.

Aside from buying the protein flavourings from bulk nutrients or flavouring with cacao and stevia, does anyone have any other suggestions or experiences?

Nope soz, you said what I was thinking already.....although I would add Milo as well to those you said LOL.

I am feeling the same way, the next lot I buy from BN will be unflavored I think, so I can than have heaps of diff flavors.

I am interested what other do as well, so what do you guys do?

G

I wonder how using strawberry essence or flavourings like that would work.

Yeh I was thinking a combo of vanilla essence and a dash of Cinnamon with a squeeze of lemon juice.

I've never had unflavoured protein powder, so don't really know what it tastes like. I wonder how strong the standard flavour of protein powder is :confused:

I blended a sensational one up this morning. Flavourless whey protein, dried figs, flax seeds, 1 banana, rice/soy milk, honey, shredded almonds and oats - all in the blender...............DELICIOUS!!

Thick and creamy my friends!

But that was breakfast for me ;)

Last edited:
What was the macronutrient breakdown of that mega shake? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I blended a sensational one up this morning. Flavouress whey protein, dried figs, flax seeds, 1 banana, rice/soy milk, honey, shredded almonds and oats - all in the blender...............DELICIOUS!!

Thick and creamy my friends!

But that was breakfast for me ;)

Hmmm, that sounds quite nice Bella.........Is the protein unflavoured got a strong taste? or is it easily overwhelmed with any flavor added?

Graeme

Hmmm, that sounds quite nice Bella.........Is the protein unflavoured got a strong taste? or is it easily overwhelmed with any flavor added?

Graeme

Hey Graeme, no I couldn't taste it at all, it was thick and creamy and delicious. The flavour of the dried figs (as well as their texture, seeds have a crunch) kinda kills any chance the protein powder had of surviving anyway I think lol

It's beautiful, but you have to blend it really well. I like them thick, it makes me feel like I'm actually having a meal....which I was :)

Cant you get like 5kgs of protein from no bull but pick 5 diff flavs in 1kg bags...thats what my mate does and loves it!

Hey Graeme, no I couldn't taste it at all, it was thick and creamy and delicious. The flavour of the dried figs (as well as their texture, seeds have a crunch) kinda kills any chance the protein powder had of surviving anyway I think lol

It's beautiful, but you have to blend it really well. I like them thick, it makes me feel like I'm actually having a meal....which I was :)

Yep i like a very thick protein shake for the same reason bella, love the 'meal' feel lol.

A quick one of my favs is 'the beast'
1 cup of rolled oats
1 cup of full cream milk
3 to 4 scoops of protein (I have only vanilla atm :(, sick of it, oh well 10kg to go)
1 medium banana

Sit in fridge for 30 min and devour ... Yumo.
Its thick enough to chew lol ;)

G

Last edited:
Yep i like a very thick protein shake for the same reason bella, love the 'meal' feefl lol.

A quick one of my favs is 'the beast'
1 cup of rolled oats
1 cup of full cream milk
3 to 4 scoops of protein (I have only vanilla atm :(, sick of it, oh well 10kg to go)
1 medium banana

Sit in fridge for 30 min and devour ... Yumo.
Its thick enough to chew lol ;)

G

Ahhh you're a man after my own heart! lol

Sounds delicious. Best way to start the day, for sure :)

I let my fig extravaganza sit in the fridge and get icy cold and thick too...LOVE IT!

Chia seeds add a nice nutty flavour, fibre and make it nice and thick and add omega 3 - mixed with lots of ice with vanilla powder it's nice.

They have a lot of flavours and the prices are good too - but I need a sample before I buy 5kg - I really hate the powders with a really fake sugar taste. Choc mint sounds nice...