• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

First CrossFit Study: It Works Wonders, If You Can Survive

^ why I chose not to do CrossFit.

I went to the free trial session and just watched. Not at all keen on becoming a part of the high rep poor form just to complete the WOD crap.

What I saw put me right off Crossfit for good. This was at a box where friends of mine frequent and recommend.

The core of the issue I believe is this.

T NATION | Fallacy of High Rep Olympic Lifting

Olympic lifts are like poetry, I have tried to teach myself proper clean for a couple years now and it is fucking hard to master. Any retard can do a reverse jump curl and call it a clean BUT a proper olympic clean is just a thing of beauty.

Forget trying to jerk and snatch without proper extensive coaching.

These retards aren't performing the olympic lifts, what their doing is calisthenics with a barbell.

Olympic lifts are like poetry, I have tried to teach myself proper clean for a couple years now and it is fucking hard to master. Any retard can do a reverse jump curl and call it a clean BUT a proper olympic clean is just a thing of beauty.

Forget trying to jerk and snatch without proper extensive coaching.

These retards aren't performing the olympic lifts, what their doing is calisthenics with a barbell.

Correct my bro from another Mo.

Last edited:

Sure for some of the peeps, but I'm not part of the cult yet. I started CF in March, have been on and off, then came here looking for strength. I dont think CF claims to make olympic lifters either, but they are the basis of the strength workouts. Nobody is saying sloppy form is ok, or its good to throw the weights even when light enough for negatives, but I see that sh1t all the time, mainly because their time-based goals incentivise corner cutting where these habits start forming, and group class environment means lots of peer pressure for people who are easily swayed to do 3 sloppy reps instead of 1 good one, it's all about the score on the whiteboard. Coaches jump on them if they see poor form, but even with say 3 coaches for 15 people they can't watch everything. I refuse to do DL's for time and kipping pullups and other CF specific things. That sh1t is def retarded. But if you want to take the time to setup and do the movements perfectly and heavy, there is nothing to stop you apart from nearly killing yourself for the reps, it is always up to the individual. In fact I would say maybe 20% of the guys at my local CF would actually do the weight rx (as prescribed) it's too heavy for most for the reps required. Women's rx seems more achievable for the ladies. 2nd problem I have is people don't think about why they're doing something or analyse their own form, and why they aren't getting better at it if they do it once for 20mins every 3 weeks, maybe.

Two dogs.

Lift to get strong. Run hills to get in shape. Watch what you eat to stay lean.

I could write a book!

Two dogs.

Lift to get strong. Run hills to get in shape. Watch what you eat to stay lean.

I could write a book!

Define: shape?

$200 per month, $50 per week, x 5 classes a week, $10 per class. What's expensive about that? Regular gyms want twice that amount for a casual visit without the programming and coaching, how much do you guys expect to pay for a group fitness class?? $200 seems to be the upper amount charged, I've seen anywhere from $120-$200, so that makes it less than $10 per class in most cases..

Define: shape?

$200 per month, $50 per week, x 5 classes a week, $10 per class. What's expensive about that? Regular gyms want twice that amount for a casual visit without the programming and coaching, how much do you guys expect to pay for a group fitness class?? $200 seems to be the upper amount charged, I've seen anywhere from $120-$200, so that makes it less than $10 per class in most cases..

I couldn't be bothered knackers, you figure that out for yourself, in relation to the costing, I never had an opinion on this, but I will say this to you;

You don't need to try and defend yourself, if you like it keep doing it, pretty simple.

I couldn't be bothered knackers, you figure that out for yourself, in relation to the costing, I never had an opinion on this, but I will say this to you;

You don't need to try and defend yourself, if you like it keep doing it, pretty simple.

About 20 bucks a week for Fatness Farce, unlimited classes at any club in the country. Quality of group fitness instructors are probably on par with the average crossfit instructor.

About 20 bucks a week for Fatness Farce, unlimited classes at any club in the country. Quality of group fitness instructors are probably on par with the average crossfit instructor.

I go to ff, I quite like it.

The one at chaddy is a ripper.

Pretty shitty book you'll be writing then...

Costing wasn't directed at you, was just saying, don't be so defensive/sensitive

agreed, 150,000 calories in 5 weeks is VERY hard :D
for me that would be 30hrs per week of hard mountain biking at 1000cal/hr

Thats 4,200 cals per day.

800 cals per hour for at least 2 and a half hours every day + a very physically active job + a high metabolism.

It was for a competition and i did want to win it, i just never got to keep going after 5 weeks