• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

First CrossFit Study: It Works Wonders, If You Can Survive

Crossfit isn't bad cause of the exercise selections, more cause of the extremities and poor coaching on very technical lifts...

I know a few guys who have taken up crossfit, I hang it on them like nobody's business, but TBH they are both as fit as they have been!!

Main problem is they often do heavy maxes, on oly lifts too, but neither know what a correct bar path is or what it means if someone cuts the lift... Injuries waiting to happen

thats like saying a triathlete isnt good at swimming because of triathlons, its part of it,

agreed. That argument makes no sense.

Just like there are many terrible "typical" PT's and coaches there are also many average CF coaches and I'm sure there are plenty of good ones too. Best to get some advice from locals (who aren't biased if possible) before joining IMO.

sooo... let me see here.

5 times a week, about 60 minute sessions?

"At the same time, male participants' body fat decreased from 22.2% to 18%"
This seems pretty damn weak, a 4.2% body fat reduction from 50 hours of exercise in 10 weeks.

On the other hand 5 weeks into my Body for Life challenge i went from 31.5% to 19%

After 5 fucking weeks.

What did i do... 90 minute strength training sessions Monday wednesday and fridays. 1-2 hour cardio sessions tuesdays thursdays and saturdays. Usually they were Les Mills classes to, so RPM n shit. And not to mention other things too like rowing boats 3 times a week in the mornings for an hour and bloody martial arts classes on weekends

I was lapping up the protein and hydroxycut like it was going out of business. I got far fitter and stronger and leaner doing that.

Dunno what they're on about.

Last edited:
sooo... let me see here.

This seems pretty damn weak, a 4.2% body fat reduction from 50 hours of exercise in 10 weeks.

On the other hand 5 weeks into my Body for Life challenge i went from 31.5% to 19%

After 5 fucking weeks.

What did i do... 90 minute strength training sessions Monday wednesday and fridays. 1-2 hour cardio sessions tuesdays thursdays and saturdays. Usually they were Les Mills classes to, so RPM n shit. And not to mention other things too like rowing boats 3 times a week in the mornings for an hour and bloody martial arts classes on weekends

I was lapping up the protein and hydroxycut like it was going out of business. I got far fitter and stronger and leaner doing that.

Stopped reading at Les Mills classes

Sorry mate

sooo... let me see here.

hydroxy cut ??

why not just take caffeine tablets, green tea extract tablets and willow bark/aspirin?

lot cheaper and without the marketing bs

sooo... let me see here.

After 5 fucking weeks.

crossfit classes run for an hour, but usually workout is about 20mins, of course your going to lose more weight doing multiple hour cardio sessions, not sure what this has to do with anything

Crossfit isn't bad cause of the exercise selections, more cause of the extremities and poor coaching on very technical lifts...

I know a few guys who have taken up crossfit, I hang it on them like nobody's business, but TBH they are both as fit as they have been!!

Main problem is they often do heavy maxes, on oly lifts too, but neither know what a correct bar path is or what it means if someone cuts the lift... Injuries waiting to happen

you can't say crossfit is shit due to poor training , just like in the gym there are many pt's that wouldn't know the difference between a barbell and a towel , is that to say gym work is crap ?

just about everyone has seen a poor PT in the gym

crossfit just cops a flak due to it being the new kid on the block , the fanatic of the gym get set in their ways and anything different is wrong

I have no issue with crossfit. Did it a few times and it was great, certainly got me working. My issue is the cult like fanaticism in CF clubs. Join a CF club and it suddenly becomes the only thing you will talk about it seems, but that's more about the patrons than the actual sport.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

you can't say crossfit is shit due to poor training , just like in the gym there are many pt's that wouldn't know the difference between a barbell and a towel , is that to say gym work is crap ?

just about everyone has seen a poor PT in the gym

crossfit just cops a flak due to it being the new kid on the block , the fanatic of the gym get set in their ways and anything different is wrong

I didn't really mean that it was shit, I just meant that's a bad side of it. You can go to a gym with shit PTs, and do your own thing, but aren't these guys in charge of coaching everyone at crossfit?

Don't get me wrong, anything that gets people in shape has its merits...
It was just a point made for the thread

It's also very expensive, over 200 bucks for the first month and sign up frees and then 200 every month after that.

It's also very expensive, over 200 bucks for the first month and sign up frees and then 200 every month after that.

that depends which box you go to, I remember looking at a few earlier this year and some were reasonably priced

sooo... let me see here.

After 5 fucking weeks.

While I'm very skeptical of your claim to go from 31.5%BF to 19%BF in 5 weeks, let's take you at your word.

So your schedules was:

4.5 hrs strength training
+ 3-6 hrs cardio
+ 3 hrs rowing
+ nondescript time doing martial arts
+ some modification to diet

And you got more drastic results than 5 hrs total per week without necessarily changing dietary habits? I am completely and utterly shocked that 2-3x the training duration + diet gave you more significant results. Shocked. Really.